You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

So we're paying 25 million for an Arsenal squad player?

Wondrous.

Yeah why not? Would you have said no to Robben when was Real's squad player? So many posters wanted us to sign Douglas Costa and he was Bayern's squad player.. Salah was rubbish for Chelsea and we spent record fee on him just last week.

Yeah why not? Would you have said no to Robben when was Real's squad player? So many posters wanted us to sign Douglas Costa and he was Bayern's squad player.. Salah was rubbish for Chelsea and we spent record fee on him just last week.

Because they're all quality players and have shown their quality throughout their career, Oxlade-Chamberlain has never done anything in his professional career.

Plus, he's a massive sick note. We already have enough of those.

An out and out striker against a man who often was a 2nd striker/number 10.

Anyway does not change your Heskey shout....where did you pull that from?

My arse.. I remember that being the case for a couple of seasons.

Was reading he said that he was happy to finish his contract & go for free next summer.

Always surprised that more players don't do this if the clubs let them wind down to within 12 months. If I was AOC, Can or Barkley I wouldn't hesitate to do this, work my balls off for a year if chosen for my present club and then fill my boots next summer. And it would be the clubs' fault not theirs in my opinion.

Was reading he said that he was happy to finish his contract & go for free next summer.

Always surprised that more players don't do this if the clubs let them wind down to within 12 months. If I was AOC, Can or Barkley I wouldn't hesitate to do this, work my balls off for a year if chosen for my present club and then fill my boots next summer. And it would be the clubs' fault not theirs in my opinion.

Defoe just went on a free (different circumstances granted) and got a £8m signing on bonus. Nice work if you can get it

I trust Klopp. That's the bottom line for me. He has a good track record and the players he has brought to Liverpool have done well, and on the whole they are among our success stories. He has also improved a few others.

Now, like others, I am raising a slight eyebrow about AOC. He hasn't been as productive as you would have hoped and his injury record has been patchy. However...

There are some raw attributes there, which if harnessed, could perhaps see the player kick on. I'm mindful of that clip where he was trying to press and his team mates were nowhere to be seen. He cared, and I liked that.

He is strong and has some pace and versatility. I'm not going overboard as I don't see where he starts, but we will have plenty of games and he will get some games. If he kicks on, and a change of scene can do that for you, then he will start more than we might imagine, but as things stand if we sign him it will be as a squad man.

He could play a winger or a wing back and offer an option for the when the African boys go off to the ACN, or if we go back three he could offer a lot more than Clyne going forward. I think I read he wants to be a central midfielder but I don't see it, and we shouldn't get hung up on that. Klopp will play him where he sees fit. Milner wanted to play central midfield too.

As for the price, £25M is the new £12M. We're still playing catch up on the way the fees have gone.

I want Keita and VVD, so hopefully this won't affect those deals, but if AOC is signed I'll back him to do well in a Liverpool shirt.

• Upvote 1

I trust Klopp. That's the bottom line for me. He has a good track record and the players he has brought to Liverpool have done well, and on the whole they are among our success stories. He has also improved a few others.

Now, like others, I am raising a slight eyebrow about AOC. He hasn't been as productive as you would have hoped and his injury record has been patchy. However...

There are some raw attributes there, which if harnessed, could perhaps see the player kick on. I'm mindful of that clip where he was trying to press and his team mates were nowhere to be seen. He cared, and I liked that.

He is strong and has some pace and versatility. I'm not going overboard as I don't see where he starts, but we will have plenty of games and he will get some games. If he kicks on, and a change of scene can do that for you, then he will start more than we might imagine, but as things stand if we sign him it will be as a squad man.

He could play a winger or a wing back and offer an option for the when the African boys go off to the ACN, or if we go back three he could offer a lot more than Clyne going forward. I think I read he wants to be a central midfielder but I don't see it, and we shouldn't get hung up on that. Klopp will play him where he sees fit. Milner wanted to play central midfield too.

As for the price, £25M is the new £12M. We're still playing catch up on the way the fees have gone.

I want Keita and VVD, so hopefully this won't affect those deals, but if AOC is signed I'll back him to do well in a Liverpool shirt.

I agree with that to an extent, but the only place I'd want to see him start is at right wing back, but we've already got Milner for that role.  

I agree with that to an extent, but the only place I'd want to see him start is at right wing back, but we've already got Milner for that role.  

Isn't Milner playing left back? Or are we trialling a new system where one player covers both full back roles?

I wouldn't put it past FSG.