You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Deadpool 2017 (Proper)

Fowlers God

Its weird when you dont notice an actor until he plays a certain role and you then realise he or she has been in loads of stuff over the years.

Yeah I know, the first thing I can remember Toby Jones in for instance was the Mist, didn't realise he was English and then you see him in older stuff on the telly. Tony Haygarth was well into Shakespeare apparently, very bright man. Saw him in an old episode of Midsomer Murders from about 8 years ago and he looked ill then. Shame.

Yeah I know, the first thing I can remember Toby Jones in for instance was the Mist, didn't realise he was English and then you see him in older stuff on the telly. Tony Haygarth was well into Shakespeare apparently, very bright man. Saw him in an old episode of Midsomer Murders from about 8 years ago and he looked ill then. Shame.

He was also in Our Friends in the North, McVicar, I Claudius, Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads. Wow

Oh hang on a minute. He was also in Last of the Summer Wine and that invalidates everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Italian DJ Robert Miles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39869009

Robert Miles: DJ known for 1990s hit Children dies aged 47

DJ Robert Miles, best known for his trance hit Children, has died at the age of 47 after a short illness.

The Italian musician topped the charts in 12 countries with the track, which was first released in 1995 and reached number two in the UK in 1996.

Miles's radio station OpenLab confirmed he died "after a courageous battle with stage four metastatic cancer".

Pete Tong led the tributes to the DJ, tweeting: "Sad to hear Robert Miles passing. RIP, thanks for the music."

Singer Boy George wrote: "R.I.P Robert Miles. Very sad news!"

The news was broken by producer and longtime friend Joe T Vannelli, who said: "The tragic news of the death of a very talented artist of our time makes me incredulous and upset.

"I will miss the fights, brawls, criticism, judgements but especially your talent in finding sounds and melodies unparalleled."

Miles won the Brit Award for best international breakthrough act in 1997.

Vannelli's statement continued: "I remember 1997 Brit Awards ceremony very well. Robert Miles was the best international newcomer award, introduced by Gary Barlow. Miles was the only one Italian artist winner in BA history.

"Children is an instrumental and dance anthem, one of the most ever loved tracks. With Robert Miles a part of my life dies with him."

Miles was born Roberto Concina in Switzerland on 3 November 1969 to Italian parents.

After finding mainstream success with Children, he had two further UK top 10 singles - Fable and One & One - and went on to release five albums.

Miles also launched a Balearic radio station Open Lab in 2012, which plays experimental music.

In a statement, the station said: "Robert was more than just an artist, he was a pioneer, a creator, an inspiration, a son, a father, our friend."

It added: "Throughout [his illness] he was strong, determined, incredibly brave and did everything he could to fight this horrendous disease."

Other figures in the dance music community to pay tribute included Darude, who tweeted: "RIP Robert Miles. Thank you for the inspiration, direction & courage!"

Armin van Buuren said: "Really in shock to hear the news of the passing of Robert Miles," while Chicane wrote: "I only played 'Children' 2 weeks ago on Sun:sets.... I wished I had written it."

'Children' and 'Fable', though pretty much the same, were both ace tunes.

British actor Geoffrey Bayldon has died at the age of 93, his agency has confirmed.
He was best known for playing the lead role in TV series Catweazle, and the Crowman in Worzel Gummidge.
The actor's film credits include To Sir With Love and The Pink Panther Strikes Again, as well as big-screen versions of Porridge and Steptoe and Son.
He famously turned down the lead role in Doctor Who twice, but did eventually make an appearance on the show in 1979.