You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

yes he has but we have another 6-8 weeks before Manè leaves for the AFCON. he is not a new player so knows what Klopp is requiring of the team. whats to say a brand new signing wouldnt take time to get used to the league. Also Klopp has said he will not buy anyone who is only slightly better than what we have in the youth system.

That's the third time you've used the fancy è at the end of Mane's name, and I'll have you know TLW won't stand for your Tory-esque bullshit.

Oh, and I actually live in Russia and even I've never seen Promes play a single game, so I refuse to believe that any of you have seen anything of him except youtube.  Which is fine, as long as none of us are pretending to be some kind of expert on him or anything.  Anyone claiming to catch the odd Spartak game now and again can go straight onto the blagger thread on the GF.

• Upvote 1

That's the third time you've used the fancy è at the end of Mane's name, and I'll have you know TLW won't stand for your Tory-esque bullshit.

Oh, and I actually live in Russia and even I've never seen Promes play a single game, so I refuse to believe that any of you have seen anything of him except youtube. Which is fine, as long as none of us are pretending to be some kind of expert on him or anything. Anyone claiming to catch the odd Spartak game now and again can go straight onto the blagger thread on the GF.

I've briefly seen him for the Dutch national team when he seemed to improve them recently but can't remember seeing him at Twente at all.

McQueen from Southampton has been linked in The Mirror. He's a left back who is breaking through into their first team. His contract runs out in the summer and they want him to sign a new deal. If he doesn't it will be a tribunal job, unless they sell him in January.

I haven't seen much of him. Is he any good? Where would he fit in? As back up to Milner and displacing Moreno in the pecking order?

Spurs will have a problem moving forward if they stick to their wage cap. On the one hand, I admire their strength in running a reasonable business and not bowing to wage demands from players. They have a stadium to pay for, and poor Joe Lewis is down to his last few billion, so everyone has to do their bit to tighten their belt.

On the other hand, when even your home grown star is unsettled because of the "low" wages (is it £80k a week?) then it becomes clear that they will either have to pay more, or run the risk of losing some of their better players, including Kane and Lloris, who is also unsettled.

I don't know the details, but if Kane is on £80k a week that strikes me as short of what the market will pay. You would have to think several teams would pay him perhaps £150k, and that's not taking into account the likes of Man Utd who are paying Rooney double that.

Spurs will have to change their model. If not, they will probably slip out of the top four in due course.