You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tories - convince me you're not evil

Gym Beglin

Stronts. I apologise, there was no need for personal insults, I promise I'll never call you a self important, foot stamping, nappy shitting Tory Mummy's boy ever again.

But down to brass tacks.

As this is a 'Tories are evil' thread. how do you feel about the Minister for Work and Pensions using public money to take mentall ill people to court to challenge the decision that they aren't fit for the workhouse?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I probably wouldn't say I'd been "practically lynched" for a few negs and some typed insults, if my central point was that people on the internet should employ total precision in their use of language when discussing something.

Yes, that would be fucking ridiculous. The actions of a borderline satirical character.

I know all that. I asked about the meaning of the act not the legality. The legality which although hugely important does not alter the meaning.

If you didn't have a contract with your employer and your work was on a casual basis with no formal agreement or rights, if he paid you less than expected as per my "poor analogy" he'd still be taking from you, wouldn't he?

A contract can be verbal, so yes, he would still be taking from you, because hs is obliged to give you that money.

Whereas governments are not contractually obliged to pay anyone a specific level of benefits.

I probably wouldn't say I'd been "practically lynched" for a few negs and some typed insults, if my central point was that people on the internet should employ total precision in their use of language when discussing something.

I'd only argue for precision when making arguments that people expect to be taken seriously.

A few spiteful comments on a backwater Internet forum do not fall in that category, irrespective of the devastating effect they have on my personal health and wellbeing.

As this is a 'Tories are evil' thread. how do you feel about the Minister for Work and Pensions using public money to take mentall ill people to court to challenge the decision that they aren't fit for the workhouse?

I don't know much about it. It doesn't sound like something I'd support though, does it?

I'd only argue for precision when making arguments that people expect to be taken seriously.

A few spiteful comments on a backwater Internet forum do not fall in that category, irrespective of the devastating effect they have on my personal health and wellbeing.

Stop being so offensively ridiculous.

A contract can be verbal, so yes, he would still be taking from you, because hs is obliged to give you that money.

Whereas governments are not contractually obliged to pay anyone a specific level of benefits.

Wriggle wriggle.

Okay, you're selling a washing machine on Gumtree, or your soul for five minutes in the sun if you can relate to that better, your buyer comes round to have a look, agrees a price of £100, shakes on it and shoves it in an envelope which you don't check. Then after he's gone you open the envelope and it has £50 in it, has he "given you less" or taken from you?

You don't know their name, or where they live, there is no contract, no witnesses, no proof of anything and no falling back on technicalities or legalities. Are you telling me that you don't feel that means someone has "taken" something which was rightfully yours?

I'm sure there's another wriggle to follow, even though we're already at silly level.

See, then you complain about it being unprovoked when you get called a disingenuous cunt.

disingenuous ‎(comparative more disingenuous, superlative most disingenuous)

- Not noble; unbecoming true honor or dignity; mean; unworthy; fake or deceptive.

- Not ingenuous; not frank or open; uncandid; unworthily or meanly artful.

- Assuming a pose of naïveté to make a point or for deception.

Just thought you ought to learn what it means.

• Downvote 2

I'm not sure. Do you or don't you?

See if you can use your devastating intellect to work that out from my words "It doesn't sound like something I'd support".

Although given you claimed I was defending the government, contrary to reality, perhaps that's over-optimistic.

No, of course I don't support it. It goes against literally everything I believe in, every opinion I've ever expressed on the topic, and everything anyone could reasonably believe about me.

disingenuous ‎(comparative more disingenuous, superlative most disingenuous)

- Not noble; unbecoming true honor or dignity; mean; unworthy; fake or deceptive.

- Not ingenuous; not frank or open; uncandid; unworthily or meanly artful.

- Assuming a pose of naïveté to make a point or for deception.

Just thought you ought to learn what it means.

Yep. Always the poor little victim. Never stopping to wonder if maybe the forum isn't actually full of freedom hating nazis that cannot cope with his intellectual prowess, and maybe the problem is actually how he posts. The tone. The content. The attitude. 

There is no word that describes your posting better than disingenuous. Consistently so. 

It's actually a crying fucking shame. I imagine that SD the person is probably alright. SD the poster is not. He's a twat who calls people nazis and then cries it in. The relationship between what you post, and how you see yourself as a poster are unhealthily detached. 

• Upvote 1

The  Tories equate money with hard work, they think it's that simple. You work hard you get rich, you don't work hard you stay poor. 

I guarantee none of these people or their spawn would be seen dead in an Amazon warehouse. What they will do is intern at various places while being subsidised by their parents until such time as they get a job seen worthy of their status. 

Cameron, Johnson, Osborne et al - if you reset the clock and forced them to start at the same place at everyone else they'd be middle managers somewhere at best, probably in PR or some shit. 

• Upvote 1