You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds reject enquiry for midfielder

tlw content

Allens treatment has been concerning not only because he is an excellent player who should be starting, it shows Klopp is not interested in playing a midfield that likes to keep possession.

This is a wind up isn't it?

Did you go on the Manc forums urging them to retain Djemba-Djemba too?

Perhaps it shows that Klopp aspires to something on a higher plane than Swansea?

You're crazy. This is us we're talking about.

With a year to scout and £70m to find a striker we ended up with Balotelli. As much as I think Allen should be moved on, given the limited time and our success rate we'd end up with a wheelie bin with a face drawn on it for double the price.

There's probably better players with their contracts running down we could pick up at a snip.

I bet he's not even Boss in his own house never mind Bossing our Midfield.

Stay off the hard drugs Brendan...

Watch his every touch video when he was at Swansea and they played us at anfield, he ran the show and was leaving our midfielders on their arses.

At Swansea he will get the freedom to attack and will have players alongside him in midfield who can actually retain the ball, I would have liked to see him go abroad but if he is staying in the prem Swansea is the best club for him.

According to the article I read on the Beeb they only offered to take him on loan. That's a definite no, if that's the case.

If someone comes up with actual money, then we will have something to consider.

Agreed. At worst, he's a decent squad player. At best, a tidy passed of the ball and a hard worker off of it. Can he be upgraded, yes. Is it worth sending him on loan while we're struggling for goals and the managers learning the intricacies of side he's inherited, no.

Allens treatment has been concerning not only because he is an excellent player who should be starting, it shows Klopp is not interested in playing a midfield that likes to keep possession.

Allen has been very good everytime he has featured under Klopp except against Newcastle where the midfield was overrun with Lucas playing shit next to him, even his haters have been giving him credit.

He should go now is Klopp is going to carry on wasting him on the bench, he'll get freedom at Swansea to attack and we'll get to see him dribbling around can and hendo and leaving them on their arses next season when he is bossing the midfield.

Ok,I will play along with your 'Brendan and all who sailed in her' love in.

I think Allen is played the way he is by Klopp,either for 70 minutes or as a possible impact sub,because Klopp doesnt think he can make an impact for 90 minutes but can either do a job for 70 mins or longer or offer fresh legs when pushing for a goal,as he also offers a DM possibility if we play three at the back later on.

The good thing Klopp does compared to Bodger is that he recognises he needs one or two players on the bench just in case things need changing. Its called tactical thinking.