You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

I don’t ever remember Gerrard snapping anybody in half in revenge for a tackle on a team-mate. His red cards were generally for red mist occasions when he was the aggressor, or if somebody stupidly got involved with him.

Over the years, he also got plenty of (generally unfair) criticism for not getting in referees’ faces, and plenty of (generally unfair) criticism for going missing in some big games.

None of those are criticisms of one of our best ever players. It’s understandable, but there’s plenty of revisionism on here at the moment.

Twatted Felaini when he’d been elbowing everyone all game at the theatre of shite and he came on with the purpose of doing Herrera at Anfield when the little cunt had been his usual shithouse self. Shame he got sent off for nothing more than a yellow. Also sure him and Torres bullied Ramos at Anfield when we walloped them too.

Meanwhile back on topic. I thought Henderson shit all responsibility again last night. Back to his cowardly self of not turning with the ball to face the play from a simple roll

out from the keeper, especially when no Madrid player was in 10 yards of him. No matter how good klopps coaching, this fellas got no chance of making it as a no6 for us as he just does not have the ability or courage for that position.

Was hoping klopp would have put him out of his misery last night and switched him with wijnaldum who was having a good game and has come on a bomb these past few months in the middle.

If he starts for us again he’s gotta play on the right of the 3.

• Upvote 1

Out of +ve for the day but bang on again. As much of a twat Ramos is people would prefer one of our players to spend his time seeking retribution and a possible red card instead of trying to get back in the game. This place is really strange sometimes.

It is possible to be trying to get back into game and to take someone out/"get" someone and do it in such a way that you avoid punishment...you know erm like Ramos did last night.

The sooner we get some of that into our team the better.

I can't see us having all of the following in the first team squad for 3 places

Keita

Fabinho

(Fekir ? )

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Lallana

AOC

Milner

( Grujic )

Who would you move on ?

Difficult one for a few reasons, AoC's injury being one, and not upsetting Stringy being another.

Lallana only because I feel he is broken, Gruijic on loan again for me. Milners last season here probably.

Difficult one for a few reasons, AoC's injury being one, and not upsetting Stringy being another.

Lallana only because I feel he is broken, Gruijic on loan again for me. Milners last season here probably.

don't worry mate.  I can take it.  Just.

I think Henderson might go in January or at the end of next season.  I think Lallana may go then too, though while I think Klopp thinks Lallana is much the better player, his injury record is killing him.   

I do think Wijnaldum has showed more than Henderson when played in the defensive midfield position, and he is clearly more able on the ball than Henderson in central midfield.  However, neither are the sort of players that get a game in a top team, though off the bench, Wijnaldum offers more options. 

Grujic will be an early casualty if it is believed he hasn't made sufficient progress.  

• Upvote 2

I think there is a bit of revisionism going on here with AOC.

Sure he was improving and starting to adapt but nothing world beating. Plus the criticisms always were his final ball and injury record. I don't see a lot of change overall.

Wish the lad well and I think he will come good but way off yet.

• Upvote 2

I think there is a bit of revisionism going on here with AOC.

Sure he was improving and starting to adapt but nothing world beating. Plus the criticisms always were his final ball and injury record. I don't see a lot of change overall.

Wish the lad well and I think he will come good but way off yet.

He was looking top class before the injury. Final ball included.

• 1 month later...
  • Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)