You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Palace

Paco

who starts v Palace?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. who starts?

2. 2. what formation?

Don't think we're doing too bad going forward to be honest.

But once Palace get on the ball they just breeze through our midfield. It's crazy nothing is being done about it week after week.

When are we doing ok going forward? You expect to get the odd chance in any game and that's all we are getting. From back to front we are terrible. Skrtel and Lovren are scared of each other's shadows, Johnson is a joke. Allen runs about, Lallana drifts, Couts promises, Gerrard kicks long, sterling runs in to people and lambert needs great delivery. I can't see anything positive at all. This is as bad as Woy and worse than Souness.

Enough money to build a hospital has been spent on a sack of shite. Our midfield and defence were crap last season but SAS papered over the appalling fuck ups.

I really hoped Brendan was as good as the talk but he's shown no idea of how to adapt and get the best from what he's got, including the shite he chose. I'm over him.

• Upvote 1

What has become of this team ? I am relived to go in level against Crystal fucking Palace

Rodgers is a disgrace . He knew the weather conditions and the opposition yet he goes in with a powder puff midfield and our best full back sat on the bench whilst our worst full back plays out of position . Has he had his fucking brain scooped out and replaced with mashed potato ? 

Fuck your philosophy just pick a team capable of grinding out a win you tosser  

Haha. Its defo comin if he doesn't wise up. quickly.

Starting to look like a rabbit in the headlights to me.

Yes, were missing our best striker, but after the money spent, that should NOT come in to it.

Cue this thread is a disgrace etc etc

We've been like this all season, no surprise to see us struggle against shite opponents. We're just as shite.

We are no better than mid-table and that is exactly where we'll finish, between 9th-12th position unless the club works a miracle in January and brings in a top quality striker.

We've been like this all season, no surprise to see us struggle against shite opponents. We're just as shite.

We are no better than mid-table and that is exactly where we'll finish, between 9th-12th position unless the club works a miracle in January and brings in a top quality striker.

Exactly. I'm not surprised at all how this has gone so far. Hopefully we can nick it

The lack of a decent striker is just one thing on a very, very long list. Even Suarez making a miracle return would struggle to pull us out of this hole ATM.

I don't think we've been that bad, but it is so easy to play against us

Allow us the ball, sooner rather than later one of them will give it away and counter at pace.

Manquillo has performed well. Solid defensivly, when he's got no protection whatsoever. I wish we could say that for the other three clowns in that back four. Mig has done okay as well

The thing is, even if we do manage to come out second half and nick this game.  It's only papering over the cracks.  This squad isn't good enough to challenge for anything but a mid table finish this season.

Disgraceful after the amount of money he's had.

Don't be silly.  We've a far better team and Squad than the like of Newcastle.  If the Manager had half a clue we wouldn't be struggling.

The way we are playing id say all that would do is keep us in the division.

We are rudderless and drifting under this manager right now.

The squad isn't that bad, we're using it wrong

There's no defensive midfielder, no fit striker capable of scoring with any regularity & Kolo Toure has a good case to be starting at centre back.

No mistake about it, It's a brutal squad that's getting the results it deserves this season.