You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Burning Question: "If Victor Valdes joins, will he be number one?"

tlw content

Genuinely surprised by the abuse aimed at Tony Evans I thought it was just 12yrolds in Indonesia and the odd crackpot. But it seems like grownups have it in for him as well. He's an excitable fella but not in the cunt camp or an embarrassment but each to their own I suppose.

If you think a national football editor of the Times who has been in and around the club for a generation is not clued in then you are all a bit naive. Does everyone know every detail no. But I would suggest people in his position rarely make shit up which is what is being implied.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Genuinely surprised by the abuse aimed at Tony Evans I thought it was just 12yrolds in Indonesia and the odd crackpot. But it seems like grownups have it in for him as well. He's an excitable fella but not in the cunt camp or an embarrassment but each to their own I suppose.

If you think a national football editor of the Times who has been in and around the club for a generation is not clued in then you are all a bit naive. Does everyone know every detail no. But I would suggest people in his position rarely make shit up which is what is being implied.

So you reckon a notoriously secretive communist country was really trying to buy us, I repeat the words communist country there just incase you missed it.

True dat playa. I don't think we'll ever set up to contain and grind out a result ala Maureen and I'm a much happier spectator for it. It'll be called naive the longer we go without winning a trophy but you gotta believe that the ends will justify the means sooner or later.

I think the title decider in 89 taught us all a lesson about a conservative approach and even if we were heading for a point, fat Frank could have deflected one off Torres' arse at the end or they could have sneaked one from their first corner of the game. Never a good strategy.

How did Mingelot cost us the league frode sorry I meant Denny. Last 13 games we won 11 drew 1 lost 1 we were 4th when that run started, we lost the one because of Gerrard mistake, saying that Code blamed Sakho on it. That mistake cost us the league, whatever way we dress it up that was the one, Chelsea rested half a team v us and we couldn't get a result.

Utter fucking bollocks on every level.

Ignoring for the moment sakho did play a shit ball to Gerrard  who wasnt expecting the fucking thing and was being marked by Ba, when Sakho could easily have gone down the wing.

To say that slip cost us is just plain bollocks. What about Toure squaring the ball for lard arse amichebe to equalise at west brom? What about the abject performance away at Hull? What about the defeat by Southampton? The 2-2 against 10 man Newcastle?

I could go on but the point is proven. That slip didnt cost us the title. Simple as.

As for Valdes, never been convinced by him myself. If he does recover his fitness as seems likely, he will put pressure on ming and if ming isnt good enough, he'll be dropped. Just like valdes would be if his form dipped.

Utter fucking bollocks on every level.

Ignoring for the moment sakho did play a shit ball to Gerrard who wasnt expecting the fucking thing and was being marked by Ba, when Sakho could easily have gone down the wing.

To say that slip cost us is just plain bollocks. What about Toure squaring the ball for lard arse amichebe to equalise at west brom? What about the abject performance away at Hull? What about the defeat by Southampton? The 2-2 against 10 man Newcastle?

I could go on but the point is proven. That slip didnt cost us the title. Simple as.

As for Valdes, never been convinced by him myself. If he does recover his fitness as seems likely, he will put pressure on ming and if ming isnt good enough, he'll be dropped. Just like valdes would be if his form dipped.

Of course it cost us the title, we had the league in our own hands with 3 games to go, we could even afford to draw one, games 3 months earlier are irrelevant, fact is when we had it in our own hands for the 1st time we threw it away. Just stating a fact, to blame Sakho on Gerrard's mistake is ridiculous, be it Gerrard Henderson Allen or Lucas, a midfielder fucked up controlling ball slipped trying to recover and it led to the goal that took our control of the title race away, Gerrard carried us for years but even he makes mistakes, what's done is done, buts lets not try rewrite history.

• Upvote 4

i don't think he's getting much abuse.  People are just pointing out that perhaps Tony is lacking in the credibility essential to someone in his position.  Hardly abusive.  

TruckerPaddy I can't believe you dragged me into this but here goes.

Just for the record trucker I don't think you understand how communism works.The Chinese government do not operate under classical marxism so not sure why you reiterate the word communism?. People own properties there, schools can be run privately etc. They have many investments in the UK such as Heathrow, Canary Wharf etc. I stayed at a hotel recently that was owned by the Chinese government arm overseas.

As for the Times and Tony I know that people in his position have to have paper trails for the level of story he reported.I know that people in his position do not last long if they make shit up. I know if you make the reports the Times make and they have zero substance you face litigation in most instances or at best serious problems going forward. I know like me you know nothing more than what you read on the internet or papers.

So do I think he fabricated the interest from China no. Do I think there was anything in the the communist rules that would have stopped them investing no. Do I think the Times people were mislead by a rogue source/s more than likely.

But I don't profess to know much about business but it is still as likely they were interested but got cold feet. From the little I know about business deals people have front men all the time. In our instance Henry and Werner are the front men.

TruckerPaddy I can't believe you dragged me into this but here goes.

Just for the record trucker I don't think you understand how communism works.The Chinese government do not operate under classical marxism so not sure why you reiterate the word communism?. People own properties there, schools can be run privately etc. They have many investments in the UK such as Heathrow, Canary Wharf etc. I stayed at a hotel recently that was owned by the Chinese government arm overseas.

As for the Times and Tony I know that people in his position have to have paper trails for the level of story he reported.I know that people in his position do not last long if they make shit up. I know if you make the reports the Times make and they have zero substance you face litigation in most instances or at best serious problems going forward. I know like me you know nothing more than what you read on the internet or papers.

So do I think he fabricated the interest from China no. Do I think there was anything in the the communist rules that would have stopped them investing no. Do I think the Times people were mislead by a rogue source/s more than likely.

But I don't profess to know much about business but it is still as likely they were interested but got cold feet. From the little I know about business deals people have front men all the time. In our instance Henry and Werner are the front men.

The man who fronted the "bid" was done for fraud months later.

The man who fronted the "bid" was done for fraud months later.

Does that influence anything I said in the above statement.

It did not effect him, Huang the frontman ended up investing in Inter Milan and being appointed to the board. I haven't looked but was he found guilty of anything as there is a difference between summoned and found guilty.

I know zero about Chinese politics and little about business and Huang but I'm pretty certain at any one time business people at that level face writs. I see similar situations about the Chelsea owner from time to time over the years.

Good to see you are not mentioning communism anymore.

Huang may or may not be a walter Mitty type. But he is/was ended up on a board at a huge football club so unsure where you are going with this. The original point I made was the Times do not pluck this sort of stuff from Nowhere, close to a sacking offence if no proper paper trails.

Does that influence anything I said in the above statement.

It did not effect him, Huang the frontman ended up investing in Inter Milan and being appointed to the board. I haven't looked but was he found guilty of anything as there is a difference between summoned and found guilty.

I know zero about Chinese politics and little about business and Huang but I'm pretty certain at any one time business people at that level face writs. I see similar situations about the Chelsea owner from time to time over the years.

Good to see you are not mentioning communism anymore.

Huang may or may not be a walter Mitty type. But he is/was ended up on a board at a huge football club so unsure where you are going with this. The original point I made was the Times do not pluck this sort of stuff from Nowhere, close to a sacking offence if no proper paper trails.

Inter are broke since he got involved, go investigate Kenny Haung fraud on google, and then come back to me.

The Chinese government never wanted to buy LFC ok, never.

On a more recent subject, the world and his brother knew Origi would be going back to Lille, not Tony, he said he'd be staying, any idea?

How about Tony saying on national radio in June 2010 plans has already begun for the and I quote "diplomatic removal of Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres" that summer, also bollocks.

The man knows no more about the goings on at LFC than the majority of posters on here. Sorry if that upsets you, it's true.