You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

Guest Pistonbroke

I's say he offers plenty in one direction as he's normally the oppositions most dangerous player. Does the unexpected to open our defence time and time again.

You can physically see him switching off at times, not looking at the ball or a player he is supposed to be tracking/marking. He's just either a lazy bastard or as thick as pig shit. He's fucking terrible. I played at a decent level over here in Germany and a lot of Turkish players are the same, they don't want to do the hard work, just be the hero who bags a goal or two. Shit thing is, Can doesn't even offer that. Maybe's he is just pissed off playing in a position he doesn't like. 

You can physically see him switching off at times, not looking at the ball or a player he is supposed to be tracking/marking. He's just either a lazy bastard or as thick as pig shit. He's fucking terrible. I played at a decent level over here in Germany and a lot of Turkish players are the same, they don't want to do the hard work, just be the hero who bags a goal or two. Shit thing is, Can doesn't even offer that. Maybe's he is just pissed off playing in a position he doesn't like.

I don't think he's lazy, he does seem to me to put in the effort.

More a lack of overview and awareness, combined with horrible decision making. Maybe also he thinks he's a bit better, and not least stronger, than he actually is. Very often relies on his body strength to shield it/shrug the opponent off and ends up in trouble.

Think he may come good in a league that's a little less all-action. France, Italy or Spain maybe?

Must be some sort of mental/attitude thing about him being better than he is because more often than not he plays quite well in the big games, it's the smaller games he struggles in and looks dreadful like he doesn't need to concentrate to be better than them.

He has many problems arrogance being high on the list. Odd for a German.

I'm not sure he is originally from Germany, it may be he is Turk or Greek with some kind of German heritage? I'm pretty sure he was born in Germany but has Turkish parents.

He was excellent at times last season in a 2 man midfield. Bossed it against City home and away, Villareal, United and Dortmund last season. Been really poor this season, with the exception of that purple patch he hit october- november where he scored 3 goals. Completely not suited to playing on the sides of a 3. Certainly not giving up on him yet.