You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I think he knows that people are speculating. What he might be too polite to ask is why speculate like a bunch of fucking hysterical fannies?

But, who cares, bossy? I reserve the right to act like a hysterical fanny (not that anyone is, mind!) when we are linked - however tenuously - to Wilfried Bony for 25 freaking million pounds..

It's just chat. Obviously what will be, will be.

As sure as night follows day the words "fanny" and "hysterical" come out in force when people being speculating or raising concerns in any forum.

I for one am not concerned, happy enough with our transfer dealings and am happy enough with who we are being linked with.

But it drives me fucking bananas when people start this "STOP BEING A HYSTERICAL FANNY" shite when about 3% of the posting forum are hysterical fannies. 

I had a look over at RAWK, thats the type of shite getting spouted non stop over there

• Upvote 2

Lads, Rodgers knows what he's doing.

If he wants Bony and Lovren, then get the fuckers in. This is his orchestra now, and he's conducting them as he sees fit.

If he gets it wrong, it won't be long before he's back busking.

I agree in theory, though with these names I'm a little worried that he's replacing the violence concerto of Suarez with a few comb and tissue paper buskers. 

Bony and Remy? Please do not be true. Fuck sake, we almost won the league last season, we're back in the Champions League...we're an attractive destination for a lot of top players so why are we behaving like a mid-table club by signing average players? Come on, show some fucking ambition and make a proper marquee singing or two. We'll have £75M to spend, go out and buy (or at least try) a £50M player like Rodriguez to replace Suarez. Bony and Remy...fucking hell.

As sure as night follows day the words "fanny" and "hysterical" come out in force when people being speculating or raising concerns in any forum.

I for one am not concerned, happy enough with our transfer dealings and am happy enough with who we are being linked with.

But it drives me fucking bananas when people start this "STOP BEING A HYSTERICAL FANNY" shite when about 3% of the posting forum are hysterical fannies.

I had a look over at RAWK, thats the type of shite getting spouted non stop over there

STOP BEING A HYSTERICAL FANNY

• Upvote 1

Bony and Remy? Please do not be true. Fuck sake, we almost won the league last season, we're back in the Champions League...we're an attractive destination for a lot of top players so why are we behaving like a mid-table club by signing average players? Come on, show some fucking ambition and make a proper marquee singing or two. We'll have £75M to spend, go out and buy (or at least try) a £50M player like Rodriguez to replace Suarez. Bony and Remy...fucking hell.

31 league goals between them last season. The same as Suarez. For clubs that scored fewer goals between them than we did.

I'd rather the likes of Sanchez, don't get me wrong. But they're both good players...

• Upvote 1

But, who cares, bossy? I reserve the right to act like a hysterical fanny (not that anyone is, mind!) when we are linked - however tenuously - to Wilfried Bony for 25 freaking million pounds..

It's just chat. Obviously what will be, will be.

Where have you got the £25m figure from?

It's not true, just thought i'd add to the growing hysteria.

It's too late, it's positively dripping with rage!

What's happening with that Juan Iturbe this summer? I'm not going to profess to have watched him grow in to a beautiful butterfly but he seems to fit the profile of what we'd look for in a Suarez replacement.

I'm starting to come around to the 'greater than the sum of it's parts' idea for this team.

We can't replace Suarez so let's improve the overall quality of the team. Make ourselves harder to beat with multiple attacking threats on the field and on the bench.

• Upvote 3

We should have offered Barca 45 million for Sanchez, even when it was obvious he didn't want to play for us.  Force them to force him to pick us, even if we have to overpay by 10 million for him (or worst case, drive the price up for Arsenal even more).  

We could have offered 100ml if Sanchez wouldn't sign for us it doesn't matter.

Barca would still have sold him for what they could get from Arsenal so they had the money for Suarez