You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

36 minutes ago, Elite said:

I never thought I'd say this but I'm warming to Bellew on celebrity SAS, he's great value.

He's great value but he is absolute cringeworthy on it. 

32 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I'd love the SAS fella to come out in a Liverpool top and start giving him loads.

Me too. I did think Bellew was going to spark him in the other nights one. 

I'm episodes into an American comedy series on BBC 2 called Dave. It reminds me of Flight of The Conchords. 

It's about some guy in his late twenties who's convinced that he's going to become one of the best rappers of all time.

It'll do for when there's fuck all else on I suppose.

5/10 

21 hours ago, M_B said:

I am up to Episode 5 of Season 1 of Bosch. It's like a sore tooth that you keep prodding. Some awful acting, a script that makes you wince and some terrible 80's style directing. I want to like it, but it's not easy.

For folks who have watched it, did you feel like that at the beginning and it got better or is it just not for me?

Fuck off you cunt  , Bosch is ace !

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Finished the 10 part The Vietnam War. One of the most incredible things I've ever watched.

10/10

Incredible show, as @Captain Turdseye said I think there are also shows on The American Civil War and another one that escapes me. But I plan to watch them both after. I think the one on the Civil War was just called The War.

22 hours ago, M_B said:

I am up to Episode 5 of Season 1 of Bosch. It's like a sore tooth that you keep prodding. Some awful acting, a script that makes you wince and some terrible 80's style directing. I want to like it, but it's not easy.

For folks who have watched it, did you feel like that at the beginning and it got better or is it just not for me?

It sounds like you hate it mate!

I thought season one was alright, 7/10 something like that. It got better and better for me to the point where I loved season 4 and especially 5. Haven’t done season 6 yet.

20 minutes ago, Brownie said:

That’s similar to how I felt about it. The more I watched, the more I liked.

I probably gave off the wrong vibe in my post. I actually do like it, and my lad will watch it with me and he likes it, so it’s going down quite well. Looking forward to it ramping up, because I quite like the character. 

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I probably gave off the wrong vibe in my post. I actually do like it, and my lad will watch it with me and he likes it, so it’s going down quite well. Looking forward to it ramping up, because I quite like the character. 

No vibe at all mate, just similar to how I felt after a couple of seasons.

For me it's one of those shows where the character development is very gradual. After a couple of seasons I wasn't that arsed about what happened to certain characters but by season 5 I really did care, if that makes sense.

That's probably a veiled criticism of the show because it shouldn't take that long for the viewer to develop a rapport with characters but that's just how it was for me.

53 minutes ago, Brownie said:

No vibe at all mate, just similar to how I felt after a couple of seasons.

For me it's one of those shows where the character development is very gradual. After a couple of seasons I wasn't that arsed about what happened to certain characters but by season 5 I really did care, if that makes sense.

That's probably a veiled criticism of the show because it shouldn't take that long for the viewer to develop a rapport with characters but that's just how it was for me.

Yeah, I can definitely see that. I really liked the conversation between Harry and the old cop who was on his mother’s case. Looking forward to starting S3

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, John102 said:

Agree on the new series of Rick and Morty being poor.

Also, do find it quite funny how the 'SAS' lad seems to bottle getting on Bellew's case but happily tears the weaker ones to shreds.

That Ant Middleton is clearly scared of Bellew.

I quite enjoy the show overall but that Middleton is a bad bellend. Shouting “weak” at someone for struggling to carry a 16 stone fella half a mile.

They’re not weak, they’re just not conditioned you fucking dickhead.

9 hours ago, Brownie said:

It sounds like you hate it mate!

I thought season one was alright, 7/10 something like that. It got better and better for me to the point where I loved season 4 and especially 5. Haven’t done season 6 yet.

Up to episode nine, season one. Watching due to the recommendations on this thread.

7/10 for me so far. I echo comments elsewhere. It’s enjoyable enough, a good story, but some of the acting and especially the dialogue lets it down throughout.

It’s good enough to keep going and I have faith that it will get better. If it doesn’t, I may need to downgrade my rating of this thread from a solid 8/10 to 7.9/10.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

That Ant Middleton is clearly scared of Bellew.

I quite enjoy the show overall but that Middleton is a bad bellend. Shouting “weak” at someone for struggling to carry a 16 stone fella half a mile.

They’re not weak, they’re just not conditioned you fucking dickhead.

It's as much about mental resilience than physical, that's why they criticise constantly to break people. Would be a shite show if they made it easy for everyone and gave them loads of positive encouragement.

"Oh put Tony down Brendan, he's far too heavy for you. Should we just back to camp and eat marsh mellows around the campfire."

Bellew "I just wanna get home safe to my wife and kids."

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's as much about mental resilience than physical, that's why they criticise constantly to break people. Would be a shite show if they made it easy for everyone and gave them loads of positive encouragement.

"Oh put Tony down Brendan, he's far too heavy for you. Should we just back to camp and eat marsh mellows around the campfire."

Bellew "I just wanna get home safe to my wife and kids."

Yeah I agree with this. Its a small bit of exposure to SAS selection not a Scouts weekend jolly. 

Current season of Billions is a bit underwhelming at the moment. Pretty much everybody is an absolute cunt and that makes it pretty boring. Far more style than substance currently and it needs to shift a few gears in the coming weeks. I'd also love one of those geeks in Axelrod's firm to be a black belt in Martial Arts and kick the arse of Dollar Bill or one of those other twats in there.

• Upvote 2