You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread 2014 - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

United are shit, they could have easily drawn today. They will get better but once we kick into gear we are the better team. Their defence is utter dog-shit. We just need to kick into gear quick

As opposed to our purring Rolls Royce of a defence? Much of a muchness in that regard albeit they have a much superior keeper, the problem is they have far greater firepower than us and that will see them clinch 4th imo. Arsenal always qualify and City and Chelsea are light years ahead, but like Section says, nobody but ourselves to blame

• Upvote 2

A real air of annoyance about your football posts, these days.

Don't really see a lot to be enthused about to be honest mate, ever since it went tits up for Kenny I've thought we've been heading in the wrong direction, with no apparent plan and constantly throwing good money after bad.

Don't really see a lot to be enthused about to be honest mate, ever since it went tits up for Kenny I've thought we've been heading in the wrong direction, with no apparent plan and constantly throwing good money after bad.

With Chuis gone, that leaves only two Kenny signings left? Hendo and Jose?

It fucks me off big time that when United fluke wins against West Ham and the blueshite it's almost like they've just stormed the beaches of Dunkirk, while when we beat west brom we're a team in disarray.

The truth is Arsenal, United and us have big big deficiencies but the two that finds their form quickest will get third and fourth. Spurs will be sixth and it's between everton and southampton for seventh.

It fucks me off big time that when United fluke wins against West Ham and the blueshite it's almost like they've just stormed the beaches of Dunkirk, while when we beat west brom we're a team in disarray.

The truth is Arsenal, United and us have big big deficiencies but the two that finds their form quickest will get third and fourth. Spurs will be sixth and it's between everton and southampton for seventh.

The fluked feck all today, having a good keeper is not a fluke

• Upvote 1

Partly right. De Gea is an excellent keeper. West Ham were wrongly denied a goal and everton were much the better side for most of the game. Good luck to the bastards because it's 6 points, but what gets me is the media fawning over them as gutsy bla bla bla whereas when we scrape a game we're in disarray.

You must have missed the part where Di Maria spooned another shot that landed miraculously at the feet of one of their players, resulting in a goal. Again.

This I'm afraid to say, happens to be extremely fortunate in the scheme of things. De Gea might have saved them 3 points but outrageous luck got them into that position.

I agree with all of this except the bit about Southampton.  I think they will finish ahead of the Blues and Spurs this season, and might (might!) just give United and ourselves a decent run for fourth.  Michael Caley (one of the best stats analysts out there) says they have twice as good a chance at top 4 as United based on their start and performances (and the fact that United, Spurs, and LFC have all been shit).

You must have missed the part where Di Maria spooned another shot that landed miraculously at the feet of one of their players, resulting in a goal. Again.

This I'm afraid to say, happens to be extremely fortunate in the scheme of things. De Gea might have saved them 3 points but outrageous luck got them into that position.

You will find that good players get plenty of luck as they are constantly trying and creating stuff. Same as Suarez last year, he won so many penalties, because in a lot of cases you take him down or he scores. That is not fluke it's ability.

We are only one point behind them?

And who have they played of any note? Probably everton being the only side that will finish in the top 7

We might be struggling, but we will come good, and I'm confident that we will finish no lower than 3rd place

Just think they've bought  better. There's a long way to go and fuck knows what will happen but never mind how things even look right now I just think overall they've bought better than us. Obviously they're far from top class but I don't think we are either. 

I miss my top of the table swagger and cant believe that in the space of one summer we have gone from being the second best team in the league ahead of chelsea to being light years behind them now.

I also agree with Tony Manero. Codegate is great.