You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Texas man not charged for mudering a paedo

Joe Le Taxi

I think it would have been better if the rapist had survived as that's what the father wanted. Now he has to deal with the tripple whammy of coping with the effect it has had on him and his daughter and also his remorse for unintentionally taking another person's life.

Indeed, not exactly a great thing. Prosecution would have made everything so much worse though. Would he have been convicted of manslaughter in UK do you think?

Indeed, not exactly a great thing. Prosecution would have made everything so much worse though. Would he have been convicted of manslaughter in UK do you think?

I don't think he should have been prosecuted, just it would be better for his own state of mind if the rapist had survived. Don't know what would happen on this side of the pond. Anubis?

My main fear was that it was the Daily Mail reporting it. I read an article on there about the chinese shooting a prisoner and the top rated comments were along the lines of "Good to see them dishing out some justice", "We should be doing this". In the story it said they did not know what he had been found guilty of, but this didn't stop them.

So, I was expecting something similar.

Whil I understand the man's reasons for attacking the fella (and I am pretty sure I would do the same in that situation) and the sentiments in this thread.

I feel a bit uneasy as to how the law has basically been ignored and he has not been prosecuted becuase he demonstrated 'remorse'. I am sure he is remorseful but how is this any different to (at least) any other manslaughter case in the US?

This could set a dangerous precedent. Anyone could now go and batter someone to within an inch of their life or even kill them and say "I am full of remorse I didn't mean to kill him" and potentially get the same when in theory that have broken the law.

Call me whatever but the law is the law, now even though I understand what this fella has done and why he has done it, two wrongs (as accidentel as it may be) do not make a right.

What if someone who has had their daughter suffer a rape ordeal, gives the culprit a good hiding, kills them and shows no remorse?

Do we charge him as he is not sorry?

Emergency crews found Flores' pants and underwear pulled down on his lifeless body by the time they responded to the 911 call.*The girl was taken to a hospital and examined, and authorities say forensic evidence and witness accounts corroborated the father's story that his daughter was being sexually molested.

Under the law in the state of Texas deadly force is authorized and justified in order to stop an aggravated sexual assault or sexual assault,'

District Attorney Heather McMinn told reporters.

Didnt break the law going by the reports.

Emergency crews found Flores' pants and underwear pulled down on his lifeless body by the time they responded to the 911 call.*The girl was taken to a hospital and examined, and authorities say forensic evidence and witness accounts corroborated the father's story that his daughter was being sexually molested.

Under the law in the state of Texas deadly force is authorized and justified in order to stop an aggravated sexual assault or sexual assault,'

District Attorney Heather McMinn told reporters.

Didnt break the law going by the reports.

A man (rightly or wrongly) has died due to a beating.

Surely beating someone to death is not legal, or even authorised or justified in any case. While I agree with the paedo getting a hiding I am not so comfortable with him being killed because of it. And also with being labelled as being justified or authorised.

Surely the death decision should come from the authorities.

Emergency crews found Flores' pants and underwear pulled down on his lifeless body by the time they responded to the 911 call.

Now who is to say that somebody could not have pulled down the bills and kecks of the man after it had emerged he was dead?

And there were witness accounts, why didn't anyone stop this fella beforehand? Something just doesn't sit right with how the decision has been made in conjuction with the law.

I am not defending the paedo here in anyway shape or form, just questioning this law more than anything.

A man (rightly or wrongly) has died due to a beating.

Surely beating someone to death is not legal' date=' or even authorised or justified in any case. While I agree with the paedo getting a hiding I am not so comfortable with him being killed because of it. And also with being labelled as being justified or authorised.

Surely the death decision should come from the authorities.

Now who is to say that somebody could not have pulled down the bills and kecks of the man after it had emerged he was dead?

And there were witness accounts, why didn't anyone stop this fella beforehand? Something just doesn't sit right with how the decision has been made in conjuction with the law.

I am not defending the paedo here in anyway shape or form, just questioning this law more than anything.[/quote']

Im not saying he was right or wrong, I would have done the same myself though.Im just pointing out he wasnt not charged because he was sorry, he walked away because the law said he had no case to answer in Texas.

I understand your point but must say im happy he isnt going to get done for it.

Im not saying he was right or wrong, I would have done the same myself though.Im just pointing out he wasnt not charged because he was sorry, he walked away because the law said he had no case to answer in Texas.

I understand your point but must say im happy he isnt going to get done for it.

I know mate, just questioning the reasons given in the press rather than your post.

I know mate' date=' just questioning the reasons given in the press rather than your post.[/quote']

I am turning into Churchill's nodding dog and while my first reaction is empathy with the father to my mind you can't sanction people taking the law into their own hands by carrying out their own summary justice

Whil I understand the man's reasons for attacking the fella (and I am pretty sure I would do the same in that situation) and the sentiments in this thread.

I feel a bit uneasy as to how the law has basically been ignored and he has not been prosecuted becuase he demonstrated 'remorse'. I am sure he is remorseful but how is this any different to (at least) any other manslaughter case in the US?

This could set a dangerous precedent. Anyone could now go and batter someone to within an inch of their life or even kill them and say "I am full of remorse I didn't mean to kill him" and potentially get the same when in theory that have broken the law.

Call me whatever but the law is the law, now even though I understand what this fella has done and why he has done it, two wrongs (as accidentel as it may be) do not make a right.

What if someone who has had their daughter suffer a rape ordeal, gives the culprit a good hiding, kills them and shows no remorse?

Do we charge him as he is not sorry?

original.jpg

I'm all broken up about that man's rights.