You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The English media and Suarez

WhiskeyJar

clutching at straws or does this latest interview hint a bit more about possibly staying whilst still licking the Madrid ring?

Luis Suarez Q&A with El Pas:

Are you afraid of the chance to play for Real Madrid?

No, I have never felt pressure, but obviously that doesn’t mean I’m going. I am a Liverpool player.

What would a player like you give to a team like Real Madrid?

I’d give my soul in every match as I do every time I set foot on the pitch, be that for Uruguay, Ajax or Liverpool. I never hold anything back.

Do you have an agreement with Real Madrid?

No, I have a contract with *Liverpool.

Would you like to have an *agreement with Real Madrid?

A player always aspires to the top, and Madrid are always one of the highest ambitions for any footballer. Every player would love to get to the absolute top and Real Madrid is it. But, do you know what it is like to represent Liverpool?

Fernando Torres said that you have to set foot on the Anfield turf to understand.

It makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck to think about it... It is a big club on a global level, but we didn’t qualify for the Champions League nor did we fight for the Premier League, which is where the club has to be. And the club knows that I have suffered and struggled with what I have had in the Press.

unless they're already at Barca or a one club man (or big ties to current club) like Stevie, Carra, Maldini, Totti, De Rossi etc or don't want to move to Spain pretty much any player would sign for Real Madrid given the oppurtunity

Wouldn't it be clearer if you said players who don't want to sign for Real Madrid, won't, and players who do, will?

Why the hell are we discussing the Evra incident again? We spent months discussing it.

Its fucking tiresome now. He was stitched up, by all accounts. Evra is a cunt. The FA were and are a farce - the idea that they can punish anybody for something as serious as racism is just as farcical. Move on.

Why the hell are we discussing the Evra incident again? We spent months discussing it.

Its fucking tiresome now. He was stitched up, by all accounts. Evra is a cunt. The FA were and are a farce - the idea that they can punish anybody for something as serious as racism is just as farcical. Move on.

Well said.

clutching at straws or does this latest interview hint a bit more about possibly staying whilst still licking the Madrid ring?

It's definitely more positive for us than his recent interviews. I think Suarez is really just a blunt type of person, he says what he feels. The media and others then speculate on what he means when he's really spelled it out for us. I think he'd go to Madrid but I don't think he expects us to take a cut price deal for him either. I also believe if he does stay and we make the CL, maybe challenge for or win an trophy then he's here for the long haul.

He is very much backtracking when it comes to using the media as an excuse but really I think if we're successful as a club with him in the side then he'll go back to not caring what they have to say.

I could just be delusional and clutching at straws myself though.

Yes I have, you should too.

Suarez was convicted of using a word with reference to colour which he admitted using, and which KK and DC helpfully corroborated.

Evra claimed he was called a ni***r 10 x if i recall. Then 5. the FA settled on negro 7 times. The only word Suarez admitted to saying was negrito. They were speaking Spanish (apparently) so this would not be considered racist in any way shape or form in South America.

Racism is discriminating against people based on race or colour it is not and never been using a colloquialism like Scouser or Nordie or Pom.

In Chile, Argentina and Uruguay that is what negrito is.Nothing more.

Suarez was set up by the FA and the English media. i expect mancs and the bitters to spout 'reference to colour' shite but now its our so called fans... pathetic.

The posts on here lately suggesting it would be better if Suarez was sold are frankly embarrassing but i have mainly put them down to excitable teenage 'football manager' types.

I love the crazy little bugger and think we will be a better team with him here next season.

For reference here is that well known racist bastard Ry Cooder playing his famous anti black anthem ' Dru me Negrita'

I await the FA and associated twats to call for his head

Ry Cooder - Dru me negrita - YouTube

Evra claimed he was called a ni***r 10 x if i recall. Then 5. the FA settled on negro 7 times. The only word Suarez admitted to saying was negrito. They were speaking Spanish (apparently) so this would not be considered racist in any way shape or form in South America.

Racism is discriminating against people based on race or colour it is not and never been using a colloquialism like Scouser or Nordie or Pom.

In Chile, Argentina and Uruguay that is what negrito is.Nothing more.

Suarez was set up by the FA and the English media. i expect mancs and the bitters to spout 'reference to colour' shite but now its our so called fans... pathetic.

The posts on here lately suggesting it would be better if Suarez was sold are frankly embarrassing but i have mainly put them down to excitable teenage 'football manager' types.

I love the crazy little bugger and think we will be a better team with him here next season.

For reference here is that well known racist bastard Ry Cooder playing his famous anti black anthem ' Dru me Negrita'

I await the FA and associated twats to call for his head

Ry Cooder - Dru me negrita - YouTube

This is pretty well worn ground.

Suarez was convicted of using a word referring to another’s colour by his own admission. And that is that.

The cultural defence is just an argument. It can be used abusively- but the offence is absolute, you either did or didn’t say it. As for intent...

Are we really to believe that a player who in Uraguay attacked a referee when he was a young player, who has bitten another player twice, in the heat of battle against our most bitter rivals would not dream of abusing an opposition player?

Suarez was not stitched up by the FA. He was exposed by the most inept handling of a major issue in the Clubs history by an inexperienced Board. The FA were handed Suarez on a plate by LFC.

This is pretty well worn ground.

Suarez was convicted of using a word referring to another’s colour by his own admission. And that is that.

The cultural defence is just an argument. It can be used abusively- but the offence is absolute, you either did or didn’t say it. As for intent...

Are we really to believe that a player who in Uraguay attacked a referee when he was a young player, who has bitten another player twice, in the heat of battle against our most bitter rivals would not dream of abusing an opposition player?

Suarez was not stitched up by the FA. He was exposed by the most inept handling of a major issue in the Clubs history by an inexperienced Board. The FA were handed Suarez on a plate by LFC.

This is the sad truth ,although many people are still in denial. He admitted using the word which is an offence under the rules and that's how it is.

It's also why we need to move on stop bleating about the whole thing.

Also none of this is relevant to why Suarez is pushing for a move. It's just

a convenient excuse.

We need to make it clear that Suarez will only be sold if we get a bid of £60 million plus. If there is any truth in the stories about Real willing to pay £85 million for the chimp then 60 million minimum is a fair demand for us to make.

In addition, we should also make it abundantly clear that it is cash upfront....no makeweights, no shite cast offs that no fucker has ever heard of.....yes Real that's aimed at you cunts. You want Suarez? then cough up what he's worth or fuck off.

At this rate of going, Suarez is going to be driving himself up to the Madrid training ground, full Real kit and all on him, but saying he is 'unsure of his future' and he 'has a contract with Liverpool and he has to respect that' out his car window.

Regardless its disrespectful from Suarez its not difficult to say real are a great club but I'm happy at liverpool and am contracted to them anything changes and ill let you know. At the minute its like telling everyone infront of your bird that you fancy someone else, you really want to get with her but you are stuck with this bitch as lovely as she is just doesnt compare but ill grind through it if I have too.

We need to make it clear that Suarez will only be sold if we get a bid of £60 million plus. If there is any truth in the stories about Real willing to pay £85 million for the chimp then 60 million minimum is a fair demand for us to make.

In addition, we should also make it abundantly clear that it is cash upfront....no makeweights, no shite cast offs that no fucker has ever heard of.....yes Real that's aimed at you cunts. You want Suarez? then cough up what he's worth or fuck off.

A very high risk strategy which will ensure the whole saga will drag on all summer. Madrid will know we need to sell him to fund the other deals Ayre is lining up and juggling with right now. The only way we will get top dollar for him if there ar two serious parties and I dont see any bidding war happening yet despite Suarez virtually advertising himself to the worlds media. We will probably cut our losses ,drop the asking price and get the new players signed up. Worst case is that the deals fall through and we end up still selling Suarez towards the end of the summer. We then get to pick up a few dregs at the death.

Utd didn't need the Ronaldo money to fund transfers which is the big difference. They were in the position of dictating terms . We sadly are not. Playing hardball only works if people think your in a position to carry thr strategy through.

We need to make it clear that he is under contract and not for sale. Like we already have.

We need to make it clear that he is under contract and not for sale. Like we already have.

Luis is being verbatim quoted today as saying that he is "disturbed" by our failure to make the CL.

The "wantaway" train seems to be gathering steam.

Which is fine if people believe it. We are signing new players and being semi reliably linked to others which it is obvious cannot be funded without the money from Suarez. Do you think Madrid or Bayern believe us when we say he isn't for sale? In our position we either have to put nearly all our eggs in the Suarez basket and hold him to his contract. Not easy keeping player against his wishes either for the club the fans or the player. Altenrnatively you can fanny around saying he isn't for sale for a while whilst replacements are identified then he goes . We are in that phase now imo.

We did that with Torres....still got sold.

As for playing hardball being a high risk strategy, I'd rather we played hardball and got every penny for our best player, than bend over like lily livered pussies and sell for say £30 million plus a shite cast off (ala Nunez).

We did that with Torres....still got sold.

As for playing hardball being a high risk strategy, I'd rather we played hardball and got every penny for our best player, than bend over like lily livered pussies and sell for say £30 million plus a shite cast off (ala Nunez).

to be fair the likes of Morata wouldn't be too bad along with a decent fee but really we should be demanded huge money or the likes of Xabi,Ozil,Khedira,Benzema, Higuain in part exchange as unlikely as that is to happen

Suarez needs to keep his fucking big trap shut.

I can`t remember any other player being as disrespectful to LFC than this tit.

If you want to leave Luis be a man about it and put in a written transfer request instead of whining like a fucking premenstrual pussy.

Why, what happened?