You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Liverpool ever win the league again.

TheHitman

The point is when Houllier and Rafa were doing well and we had hope for a better future they got our full support, when it was obvious they were taking us nowhere they lost this support.

We support good managers, we do not support poor ones very well and thank God for that I'd say.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is when Houllier and Rafa were doing well and we had hope for a better future they got our full support, when it was obvious they were taking us nowhere they lost this support.

We support good managers, we do not support poor ones very well and thank God for that I'd say.

Whoah... hang on a minute. So what would have been your take on Shanklys six year barren spell as manager? I suppose it would've been "Thanks for everything Mr Shankly but, you've not won anything for a good few years now, so there's a good man on your way. And don't go harping on about what you won for us in the past either, that was when you where good, now your shit now bye bye"

Guest davelfc

Here we go, the 'Shankly argument' all he needs to do now is bring up the ferguson one and he has a full house. You can usually tell when they're getting desperate when they resort to either of those.

Here we go, the 'Shankly argument' all he needs to do now is bring up the ferguson one and he has a full house. You can usually tell when they're getting desperate when they resort to either of those.

Oh here we go. Might of known Mary Poppins would be along.

If I'm not mistaken I did not include joint managers in my list but a managers first full season in charge by himself, now we are back to people not being able to read again.

Your list doesn't take account of any context though. For example, was Souness in 1992 a better season than Rodgers had this in your opinion, all things considered?

Your list doesn't take account of any context though. For example, was Souness in 1992 a better season than Rodgers had this in your opinion, all things considered?

It obviously was, Souness second season was disastrous though and the only season the last 30 years we can compare to this abomination of one.

It obviously was, Souness second season was disastrous though and the only season the last 30 years we can compare to this abomination of one.

So, finishing 6th in the league when we'd finished either 1st or 2nd for the previous 10 years yet having a cup run where we were really lucky with the draw yet still nearly managed to fuck it up is better than Rodgers basically making par based on our previous 3 seasons' results?

I'm interested in your reasoning for this statement. Honestly. I'd like to hear it justified.

So, finishing 6th in the league when we'd finished either 1st or 2nd for the previous 10 years yet having a cup run where we were really lucky with the draw yet still nearly managed to fuck it up is better than Rodgers basically making par based on our previous 3 seasons' results?

I'm interested in your reasoning for this statement. Honestly. I'd like to hear it justified.

Can I ask you a question mate?

Do you like rubbing your cock with course sandpaper soaked in fluorosulfuric acid?

How about sticking serrated kitchen knives up your arsehole?

Or blowing off Alex Ferguson and snowballing him afterwards?

All of these things make more sense than trying to understand Code's reasoning on anything related to LFC. Call him a cunt, sure - even I enjoy that. Having a reasoned debate with him? No thanks.

Can I ask you a question mate?

Do you like rubbing your cock with course sandpaper soaked in fluorosulfuric acid?

How about sticking serrated kitchen knives up your arsehole?

Or blowing off Alex Ferguson and snowballing him afterwards?

All of these things make more sense than trying to understand Code's reasoning on anything related to LFC. Call him a cunt, sure - even I enjoy that. Having a reasoned debate with him? No thanks.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Have you hacked into my phone or something?

We have never been above 7th this season, thats so shite I could not even have imagined it in my worst nightmares.

The only season that can be compared to this shitfest the last 40 years is Souness second season.

Its not really up for discussion, its been abysmal from the first kick of the ball.

We have never been above 7th this season, thats so shite I could not even have imagined it in my worst nightmares.

The only season that can be compared to this shitfest the last 40 years is Souness second season.

Its not really up for discussion, its been abysmal from the first kick of the ball.

It is up for discussion, surely. You're saying this season is worse than Souness's first season. I'm saying it isn't given the context. You think finishing 6th when we finished 1st or 2nd for the previous 10 seasons is worse than bettering last year and the year before's points totals, as Rodgers has done this season? It's a genuine question.

Plus, what about 1998-99 when we finsihed 7th with 7 points less in an easier league and did nothing in either cup having finsihed 3rd the season before? Surely that's worse given the context?

We have never been above 7th this season' date=' thats so shite I could not even have imagined it in my worst nightmares.

Its not really up for discussion, its been abysmal from the first kick of the ball.[/quote']

Thick cunt

Suppose you haven't. What's that got to do with what I was asking you though?

A season when you have been higher with the possibility to achieve something have obviously been better as you some time during the season actually had hope and as a fan thats all that matters.

I did a round to round comparison with this and Souness seasons a while back, if I could find it i could illustrate it even better.

A season when you have been higher with the possibility to achieve something have obviously been better as you some time during the season actually had hope.

So, starting well and tailing off is better than starting badly and improving becuase at least with the first option you had hope at one point?

So, starting well and tailing off is better than starting badly and improving becuase at least with the first option you had hope at one point?

Absolutely, you live with the results every day during the season, not just the last day.