You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

House fixy-uppy shit

Stu Monty

I fucking hate salesmen. What part of 'I don't even have the keys yet, I'm just looking' do these cunts not understand.

Give them a big list of the heaviest things you can think of, get them to carry them to the till, change your mind. Bet you get ignored next time you go in

Give them a big list of the heaviest things you can think of, get them to carry them to the till, change your mind. Bet you get ignored next time you go in

That's a great idea. As long as I can't trip the cunt up just before he reaches the till.

'Sorry MATE, I don't want it anymore PAL'.

Really wasn't impressed by wickes kitchens, maybe it was just the displays rather than the carcuses but they looked cheap and poorly put together.

The shell of a B&Q kitchen was cheaper (for obvious reasons) but the fronts were better looking and cheaper.

Had a quick look in magnet but they wanted nearly 4 grand more for the same.

Been suggested IKEA so that's the next step.

Do you have Howdens near you? I think you need a trade contact but they are supposed to be good. 

I also heard that but the independent guy we had round yesterday said he would'nt touch them, never realised how much a minefield trying to sort out a new kitchen is

Really wasn't impressed by wickes kitchens, maybe it was just the displays rather than the carcuses but they looked cheap and poorly put together.

The shell of a B&Q kitchen was cheaper (for obvious reasons) but the fronts were better looking and cheaper.

Yes, been told to swerve Magnet based on price, not been to B & Q yet but sure we will get there soon

I also heard that but the independent guy we had round yesterday said he would'nt touch them, never realised how much a minefield trying to sort out a new kitchen is

I remember giving a friend the B&Q type brochures we'd looked at only later to discover they'd gone for a bespoke all wooden affair. I need some new friends

And lo and behold Wickes appears as the banner ad. They dont miss a trick, do they? 

Adblock plus and its element hider will sort this out.

Each time you close your browser you can download and use CC cleaner too.

If its no more offensive than DIY advertising I'm prepared to live with it. I was just commenting on the speed these things work at

You were complaining about it,I offered a solution and you chose to ignore it.

And you wonder why us men refuse to engage and slink off down to the pub.

There seems to be a different understanding of complaining and commenting amongst you lot that I dont find in real life. Just saying