You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I posted this in the other thread:

Ah, I remember that kid. He provided an awesome little assist for Okan Aydin - who we should also look at - in a match against Brazil. He's the number nine in this video at around one minute fifty eight seconds.

4hX4ntt3sHs

i hope he is boss but on the evidenced of this video he is shit. why even post this shite

Well because we've just signed him maybe?

Apparently he scored 6 goals in the last U17 world cup. Tht's all I know about him. Or should I say that's all Wikipedia knows about him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Samed Yesil Can Be Arsenal’s Goal Machine For The Next Decade | Football & Sport | Sabotage Times

Arsenal are reportedly making eyes at teenage German striker Samed Yesil. But after the wunderkind’s masterclass in the art of foraging on Thursday, it’s time Arsene stopped faffing around and got the chequebook out.

“I get stuck in where it hurts because I want to score goals. It doesn’t matter if I get kicked or fouled. The important thing is I score.” Sounds like my kind of striker, Samed Yesil, in conversation here with FIFA.com.

The young German has been certainly been getting stuck in at the U-17 World Cup in Mexico, adding yet more impressive stats to a career that already seems destined to be a prolific one.

Aside from grabbing 23 goals in 20 games for Bayer Leverkusen’s U-19 side last season, the perfectly proportioned centre-forward has now netted 19 times in 20 appearances for his country, including eight in qualifying for the UEFA European Under-17 Championship, three in the finals themselves and another six in the world finals, two of them against England in the last eight. Little wonder, then, his team-mates have dubbed the sturdy striker of Turkish extraction “Gerd”, after the greatest German finisher of them all.

With stats like that, the snobs of football might be tempted to label him one of those strikers who only scores goals, like there’s anything wrong with that. But there’s more to the new Bomber’s armoury than just hanging around in the box gobbling up chance after chance. There’s something Romario-like about him. Squat, explosive, brilliant on the ball and two-footed to boot, Yesil is a penalty-box opportunist who can create chances as well as score them, a point he’s proved serving up three assists for his team-mates in Mexico so far.

And, as he showed in Germany’s thrilling 3-2 semi-final defeat to the tournament hosts on Thursday night, young Yesil is also a coach’s dream, capable of adapting to any tactical formation and still carry a goal threat.

Against the Mexicans, Germany gaffer Steffen Freund has him playing as a lone striker in leg-sapping 34-degree heat, the sharpest of tips on a 4-1-4-1 formation. It’s clear from the opening minutes that he’s only going to be living off scraps while his team-mates attempt to neuter the hosts’ Barça-lite passing game. But of all the strikers on show in Mexico few have displayed Yesil’s ability to feast on the slimmest of pickings.

Freund’s Super Bubis are already one down by the time Yesil gets his first real touch of the ball, nine minutes in. It ends in a goal. Spiriting the ball away from centre-half Antonio Briseño’s toes, he takes a stride forward and drills home a low shot from outside the box.

A sumptuous floated pass into the path of an advancing team-mate follows, and then he’s off on an electrifying run from the middle of the Mexican half, taking the ball past three defenders and shooting just wide.

He should have a second goal five minutes before half-time. Peeling away from his markers, he latches onto a long lofted pass from Levent Aycicek and has only the advancing keeper to beat. Choosing to lob the ball with his right foot rather than take it round him, he sends his effort just past the post. Then, snatching possession again from the hapless Briseño on the left, he almost creates another chance.

It’s hard to imagine what more a striker can do on such little supply. And when he’s not causing Mexico’s central defenders headaches and taking them on at every turn, he’s tracking back to defend corners and pulling out wide to create space for Germany’s dangerous midfield runners. There’s no chasing lost causes though. It’s all about energy conservation in conditions like these.

A deft lay-off at the start of the second half almost sets up Aycicek, before Emre Can, another of Germany’s frighteningly talented young Turks, puts them ahead with a superb solo goal. Freund’s canny tactics appear to have paid off: with Yesil single-handedly keeping the Mexico rearguard occupied, the rest of the team can focus on stifling the home side’s fightback.

Out of the game for ten minutes as the pace drops, he collects the ball on the halfway line and switches play to the right flank with a classy crossfield pass to flying wing-back Mitchell Weiser. Mexico then force a scruffy equaliser from a corner, and as the heat and the hosts’ possession play start to take their toll, Yesil is increasingly marginalised. He’s still peeling off to the wing to win the ball, but the midfield support is drying up.

Gomez’s cracking bicycle-kick wins it for the hosts late on. A half-chance materialises for Yesil but keeper Sanchez is quickly off his line … and grimacing as the striker leaves half a boot in. An ultimately frustrating afternoon ends with a snipe at the referee for blowing up too early, but there’s not much more “Gerd” could have done today. He hardly had a kick, and yet he almost had a hat-trick.

Arsenal have been tailing him for a while, apparently, but after watching Yesil shape silk purses in the torrid Mexican heat, I’ll wager Arsene’s not alone now.

Well because we've just signed him maybe?

Apparently he scored 6 goals in the last U17 world cup. Tht's all I know about him. Or should I say that's all Wikipedia knows about him.

I'm on about the video of him playing shit.... i mean, redderz you wouldn't post a pic of your face on a dating site would you? you see what i mean

nah his stats are decent but so where babels. i hope he is fucking boss mind

High Five : Bundesliga's Top Five Wonderkids Of 2012-2013

Here is a list of five Bundesliga prodigies who have it in them to carve a niche for themselves in this season.

Samed Yesil (Bayer Leverkusen)

One of the players who came to prominence thanks to a slew of match winning performances for Die Mannschaft in U-17 World Cup, is Leverkusen’s Samed Yesil. The über-talented centre forward has netted so far 19 times in 21 appearances for the U-17 side. Even for Leverkusen’s U-19 team that plays in the Regionalliga, he has scored 29 times in 23 appearances. In last year’s U-17 World Cup he scored 6 times in 7 games, earning him the Silver Shoe in the tournament. Yesil not only has the physical presence, ruthlessness and poaching ability of a striker, he also has the penchant of creating goal scoring opportunities for his team-mates. 7 assists, including a hat-trick of assists against Brazil in the third-place decider, made him the highest assist provider of the tournament as well. Of Turkish descent, he turned down an offer from the Turkish FA and confirmed his desire to represent Germany in the future. Owing to Arsenal’s interest in acquiring his services, Lverkusen management acted fast and tied him to a professional contract which would keep him in the club till 2016. Having featured in the pre-season friendlies, this could become a break-through season for the talented attacker who has already been compared with legends like Bergkamp and Eto’o.

How the hell can you be compared to Eto'o and Bergkamp?

One fairly slow,technical genius for was good for 10/15 goals and similar assists a season

The other a lightning quick goal machine that could pull wide and play in a forward three.