You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Pep Guardiola: ‘I need a new challenge, and I want to be a manager in England’

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/05/pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-premier-league-manager-england

Doomsday scenario is he tips up at OT

Personally I still think City is favourite to link up with his old mates from Barca 

City with him there and a shed load of dosh doesn't bear thinking about either. Some days I just feel like we are lost.   

If Arsenal manage to not shit their pants and actually claim the title this time, I think Wenger would choose it as the right time to step down - he will have been there for nearly 20 years by then and that is some going for a foreign manager who was new to the English game at the time he arrived. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Guardiola could take over there even if the likes of City, Chelsea or even ManU would throw more money at him.

• Upvote 1

If Arsenal manage to not shit their pants and actually claim the title this time, I think Wenger would choose it as the right time to step down - he will have been there for nearly 20 years by then and that is some going for a foreign manager who was new to the English game at the time he arrived. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Guardiola could take over there even if the likes of City, Chelsea or even ManU would throw more money at him.

Agree there mate. The Gooners have money to spend and the bright lights of London Town might just be too big a pull to turn down.

I could handle seeing him at Arsenal. 

Those cunts would be even more unbearable than they are now. Why can't he just go and manage in the fucking Middle East and do us all a favour!

Edit: I read your message as "I couldn't" rather than "Could".... I defo couldn't handle him going there, just because of their mong fans. The cunts already think they are Barca in disguise anyway.

Yes I have been saying that to my Gooner mate for a while. Be a great replacement for the old frog.  Money is still on City though

What a position to be in though to have the choice of argubly the strongest 4 teams in the PL. 

He's turning into a classier version of Maureen... After the Prem it will be PSG and then probably the Spain team.

I hate Shitcoat. But he won the Champions League with Porto.

Ferguson won a European trophy with Aberdeen.

Even Rafa at Valencia and Liverpool.

Guardiola? Great record. Nice football. But has never achieved "the impossible"...

How about a challenge that doesn't involve managing the best teams / players / budgets in the world?

If you were CEO of the most profitable company in the word, would you quit your job to go take over a less successful company just to prove to others you could do it?

Pep proved himself at Barca B, was hired by the first team and proceeded to win every trophy under the sun whilst playing some of the best football ever seen. Now every single top club in the world are begging for him to come work for them, but I suppose he should just settle for a mid-table club somewhere, right?

Yes I have been saying that to my Gooner mate for a while. Be a great replacement for the old frog.  Money is still on City though

What a position to be in though to have the choice of argubly the strongest 4 teams in the PL. 

I feel sorry for Pellegrini. How ridiculous to talk about replacing the manager when he's still very much there and the team is in with a great chance of still winning the League. Or has he said he's leaving and I haven't heard that? Football is madness now.

If you were CEO of the most profitable company in the word, would you quit your job to go take over a less successful company just to prove to others you could do it?

Pep proved himself at Barca B, was hired by the first team and proceeded to win every trophy under the sun whilst playing some of the best football ever seen. Now every single top club in the world are begging for him to come work for them, but I suppose he should just settle for a mid-table club somewhere, right?

I think he's a really good manager. Obviously he is. But I favour the underdogs. Managers who've achieved what shouldn't have been possible. It's the punk in me...