You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Why,we spent years as one of the richest clubs and outspent most. You cant moan about the lottery winners like City and Chelsea,spend the hundreds of millions we have and begrudge the Stokes and Swanseas the odd 15ml signing

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Bloody hell,Yaya Toure is a precious little princess isnt he. After whinging city never got him anything for his birthday,he's now crying that its disgraceful he didnt win African player of the year. The winner

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has only scored 24 in 23 games this season and 37 goals in the calendar year.

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has reacted angrily to losing out on the CAF African Footballer of the Year award, saying the decision is "pathetic", "indecent" and "brings shame to Africa".

Toure hit out at his critics in a controversial interview in October, accusing detractors of "spreading bulls***", and has had a number of run-ins with the press in the United Kingdom and his home continent.

The 32-year-old captained the Ivory Coast to their first Africa Cup of Nations triumph since 1992 at the start of last year and was named in the competition's team of the tournament.

But he lost out to Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the individual stakes - voted for by coaches and technical directors - and has now hit out at the decision makers, insisting "even Fifa" would not have reached such a conclusion.

“I’m very, very disappointed," he told Afrique Foot. "It’s sad to see Africa react this way, that they don't think African achievements are important.

“I think this is what brings shame to Africa, because to act in that way is indecent. But what can we do about it? Us Africans, we don’t show that Africa is important in our eyes. We favour more what’s abroad than our own continent. That is pathetic.

“Even Fifa, with all its history of corruption, wouldn’t do this.”

Toure is no stranger to courting controversy in the press and it appears more on the way after he vowed to "tell the truth" when questions come his way.

“Yaya will take care of Yaya and let Africa take care of itself," he added. "As I’ve been told many times, you can’t take care of Africa too much because Africa will be the first to let you down.

“When I return to Europe, a lot of questions will be asked. I think I’m going to have to answer them. As I’m someone who’s honest, I will always tell the truth.”

In fairness to Yaya Aubameyang was born and grew up in France. That does bring some context to his reply.

Surely it suggests that he is very proud of his African heritage to want to represent Gabon over the far more glamorous France? What's wrong with that?

Kolo must wince at some of the embarrassing shite his little brother spouts sometimes.