You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

I think it's perfect that Wayne Rooney has got a record for England.

I don't think I've watched even one of his goals.

I have seen Owen's, and Beckham's free kick, and Gerrard against Germany.

Rooney - no, not one.

I love the irrelevance.

I'm not someone who won't give credit just because you play for the mancs, I thought Beckham was boss at what he did, but this blert is the biggest myth in football.

Beckham having a stormer against the Greeks all those years ago is another big myth. He might have equalised with a great free kick in the last minute but he was a massive reason why his team were in a position where they were chasing an equaliser. Proper headless chicken performance that day.

• Upvote 1

Switched over after the Rooney wank fest to watch one of the myriad of programmes the BBC is showing about India. The programme featured a bloke who has dedicated 30 years of his life to hand-planting a forest near his home town. The land had previously been barren, they'd been unable to grow anything as the land was unstable and there was no tree-related wildlife around. The area is now a young forest containing custard apple trees, among others, which help encourage and feed the wildlife. The surrounding land is now stable thanks to the tree roots and there has even been the odd tiger sighting in the forest.

Ruminate on that, Tyldesley you utter wankstain.

• Upvote 8

"These simple custard apple trees sustain local flora and fauna, and take their place as an integral link of the sub-continent's food chain.  Hewn into the once-barren earth, a few brave saplings are now the difference between life and ... OH BUT WHERE WERE THEY ON THAT BALMY NIGHT IN BARCELONA...!"

• Upvote 2

Switched over after the Rooney wank fest to watch one of the myriad of programmes the BBC is showing about India. The programme featured a bloke who has dedicated 30 years of his life to hand-planting a forest near his home town. The land had previously been barren, they'd been unable to grow anything as the land was unstable and there was no tree-related wildlife around. The area is now a young forest containing custard apple trees, among others, which help encourage and feed the wildlife. The surrounding land is now stable thanks to the tree roots and there has even been the odd tiger sighting in the forest.

I think it was the return of the Sankara Stones wot did it.

• Upvote 1

Beckham having a stormer against the Greeks all those years ago is another big myth. He might have equalised with a great free kick in the last minute but he was a massive reason why his team were in a position where they were chasing an equaliser. Proper headless chicken performance that day.

Not only that but everyone chooses to forget that had he not scored the free kick England would have gone in to a play off. It was not the great escape it was painted as. But that didnt suit the Beckham narrative, so was conveniently forgotten tout fucking suite.

Jimmy Greaves bagged 44 from just 57 caps, must have been some striker him.

Rooney couldn't lace Greaves' boots.Greavesy mentions in his book of waiting to go out at anfield,Smithy leans over and gives him a note,when Jimmy opened it there was the address of the local hospital.When men were men!
  • Upvote 1

Not only that but everyone chooses to forget that had he not scored the free kick England would have gone in to a play off. It was not the great escape it was painted as. But that didnt suit the Beckham narrative, so was conveniently forgotten tout fucking suite.

Beckham wasn't half the player he was made out to be, that heroes welcome he had at the end of his career was pathetic. He was a decent player who worked his bollocks off on the pitch and off it to improve.

There's no way Ferguson would have been actively trying to get rid of him for years, it wasn't just the fall out that done it for him. It was that they knew he wasn't as good as the money they'd receive for him. When Stam and van Nistelrooy got sold it was literally there one minute gone the next. There was rumours of Beckham going for years, hes a shitcunt.

Beckham wasn't half the player he was made out to be, that heroes welcome he had at the end of his career was pathetic. He was a decent player who worked his bollocks off on the pitch and off it to improve.

There's no way Ferguson would have been actively trying to get rid of him for years, it wasn't just the fall out that done it for him. It was that they knew he wasn't as good as the money they'd receive for him. When Stam and van Nistelrooy got sold it was literally there one minute gone the next. There was rumours of Beckham going for years, hes a shitcunt.

Didn't Ferguson want Beckham gone because he hated the 'Brand Beckham' bullshit?

Rooney couldn't lace Greaves' boots.Greavesy mentions in his book of waiting to go out at anfield,Smithy leans over and gives him a note,when Jimmy opened it there was the address of the local hospital.When men were men!

My Dad is in his late 60's and has been watching live football since the 1950's. He regards Greaves as the best British striker he has seen.

Didn't Ferguson want Beckham gone because he hated the 'Brand Beckham' bullshit?

Yea that's partly what I meant, he was worth more money than his ability warranted. Put it this way, he didn't want to get rid of Cristiano Ronaldo because of CR7 stuff, I think he'd have put up with absolutely anything from Ronaldo. I know it wasn't as big with Ronaldo because the Beckhams are just as known for being the Beckhams than either are for the respected trades.

If anything Beckham gets written off too easily by most because of that - he was a top player.

10 league champion medals in four different countries with individual best of's for all those clubs and in every league  - UEFA player of the Year, Ballon d'Or silver. 

See what his teammates have said about his quality over the years.

• Upvote 2

Hard to disagree with that, never done it where it counts and never pulled up for that fact. The only reason he beat the record is the dearth of rivals for a starting place and the fact Everton threw him up front when he was bout 12 because they were so shite so he was fired into the public eye quicker than most.

I'm not someone who won't give credit just because you play for the mancs, I thought Beckham was boss at what he did, but this blert is the biggest myth in football.

I am.

• Upvote 2

He was decent, nothing more, nothing less. If he looked like Gary Neville and wasn't married to a Spice girl he would have been playing for a Steve Bruce side before the end of the 90's.

PFA young Player of the Year 96

UEFA Footballer of the Year 98

FIFA World Player of the Year-silver - 99

Ballon d'Or - silver - 99

• Upvote 1

Yeah but yeah bu can the India gezzer man pay for a new thatch on is head or bang in pelenty against San Morino?