You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Barcelona have been brutal defensively.  High scoring game but wasn't all that.  Reminded me of the Alaves Uefa cup final.

Exactly that. Alaves were brutal defensively in the first half against us, just like Sevilla were here. But Barcelona became sloppier and sloppier defensively to let Sevilla back into it, just like we did against Alaves.

That said, Sevilla had two great chances near the end to equalise but the chances fell to the wrong players.

There will have been rubbing of hands taking place in the Benitez house this evening.

Its funny because at 4-1 Owen Hargreaves says Benitez will be very worried about this season.

Like everything that came out of his mouth tonight. Utter Bollocks.

how come aston villa v the dung is on on friday night?????

Richard Scudamore!

Trial run for the future, apparently there will be many more friday night games from next season. I think this is the only one this season though,

Plus United are cunts and would do anything for some extra money.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I heard that. And agreed, it was as if he was trying to be wrong about everything.

His best line of the night was "don't dive in against Messi" forgetting that he was like a dog without a bone for almost every 90 minutes he played and was rash in almost every tackle he made.

He said it in a way that he actually believed he would be able to handle Messi...fucking beaut 

Richard Scudamore!

Trial run for the future, apparently there will be many more friday night games from next season. I think this is the only one this season though,

Plus United are cunts and would do anything for some extra money.

I thought I read it was to facilitate an EDL march in Birmingham on the Saturday?

Roy Hodgson will lose his job as the England manager if the team fails in next year’s European Championship, the Football Association’s chief executive has said.

Martin Glenn said Hodgson has accepted that, and would not expect to be given a new contract if England have a bad tournament, because he is “a proud man”.

Hodgson, whose current contract expires at the end of Euro 2016, suggested at last month’s 2018 World Cup qualifying draw that he was not happy for his contractual position to be left until after the Euros, but Glenn said he has now met the manager to confirm that is the FA’s position.

“I have spoken to Roy,” Glenn said. “The air didn’t really need clearing to be honest. I had a cup of coffee with him, which turned into a few drinks. We are all on the same page.

“Roy is a really good manager and he would be the last person in the world who if – and I don’t think it will happen – but if we had a bad Euros, he would not expect to be kept on. He is a proud man.”

This article follows the same rancid, pea soup befuddlement that accompanies this fool everywhere as he continues his inexorable slog towards Colonel Blimpery.

Reading it reminded me of an anecdote about Bob Dylan and Zen, which can be paraphrased here as: We Liverpool fans can talk about Roy Hodgson with some people, and you, Martin Glenn, can talk about Roy Hodgson with some people, but you and us, Martin, we can't talk about Roy Hodgson.

• Upvote 3