You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Question for everyone. Would you take Joe Cole back?

I would in a heart beat. I think he's a very good player still and has a lot to offer us. Seems like an alright lad as well. In fact, I would keep Maxi in a heartbeat as well. We could have done with both players in a lot of the games that we dropped points last year.

No - he's nowhere near the level of quality we need to improve our team.

You'd just be replacing some shit with other shit.

A more plausible explanation would be that cole made him look good.

And thats no Joe-ke.

edit... Cole was soooo bad, that Hazard looked good in comparison?

Surely the worst jokes are the ones you have to go back and explain?

I thought it was self-explanatory, personally.

• 4 months later...

See this picture here. Has anyone been up to the top of it? I have and it's extremely fucking high. 324 metres to be precise.

Now you see that platform at the top? There's a restaurant up there and a walking / viewing area all the way around it. That's around 315 metres off the ground. Can you imagine stacking one pound coins on top of eachother from the ground until they reached that point? Any guesses how many it would take? Ask Joe Cole, it's what our club hands him every week in return for, errr.... errrm.... Well we just give him it for being him.

Ace.

Eiffeltower.jpg

See this picture here. Has anyone been up to the top of it? I have and it's extremely fucking high. 324 metres to be precise.

Now you see that platform at the top? There's a restaurant up there and a walking / viewing area all the way around it. That's around 315 metres off the ground. Can you imagine stacking one pound coins on top of eachother from the ground until they reached that point? Any guesses how many it would take? Ask Joe Cole, it's what our club hands him every week in return for, errr.... errrm.... Well we just give him it for being him.

Ace.

Eiffeltower.jpg

Admit it, you were up there on Sunday when suddenly a football came crashing through the window weren't you?

Hope to God that Rodgers doesn't start using Cole now that he's back fully fit. My heart sank with around forty odd thousand others when I saw him coming on against Stoke.

I'm sure the lad is a decent bloke, from all accounts, but he's completely awful on a football pitch these days. Just a total abomination.

Give me any the lads in the under 21's over him any day.

My mate was getting ready to get down on one knee up there before his missus stopped him and told him she was lesbian. Tough day at the office that. As bad as that must have felt for that poor bastard it simply doesn't come close to how I feel when I hear him mentioned in connection with the first team squad let alone watching him play for us.

He's a cunt of the highest order. Have a bit of pride man and either call it a day or take the reduction in wages and go play ball somewhere else. Every time his name is on the team sheet I look at the players that didn't make the squad and I'd take any of them over him. Play Gulacsi outfield ahead of him. Also, Cole for Suso when you are 0-0 at home with shithouse cunts like Stoke is simply a crime. He offers nothing, whether it be going forward or in defense.

I don't want decent blokes, I want a fully fit professional who respects the obscene amount of supporters hard earned he gets given every week. The fact that he is never match fit and obviously smokes (if not then he has a fucking chronic asthma problem) really pisses me off.

I don't know if Cole has had any other offers to go and play elsewhere. If he hasn't, then he is just receiving what he's due per terms of the ridiculous wedge Cecil authorized. If he has received other offers and refused a wage cut, then he is still within his rights, but it is disappointing.

Much as Charlie Adam wasn't quite my cup of tea, at least he goes about his business the right way as a pro. He had the choice of being a bit part player here or moving on to see more action. Fair play to the lad for choosing the latter.

It looks like Joe Cole not only smokes, but smokes 60 unfiltered french fags a day. Maybe it is a habit he picked up in France, apparently it's La Mode out there. They don't abuse the drink, but they do like their tabs.

Still, no fucking excuse, Zidane liked a tab as well, didn't do him no harm.

berbs.jpg

esterne0616130206071613qt0.jpg

macheda.jpg

2Z6SC8RVHT_rooney_smoking.jpg

gallas-smoking--photo.jpg

article-2080592-0F4DA06800000578-392_468x384.jpg

03s08-marlbororonaldo-935.jpg

Ozil.jpg

1332181625883.jpg

buffon_fumando_smoking_smoke_futbol_loco_atacando_2009.jpg

mario-balotelli-cigarette.jpg

15SRNA.svadba.160510.jpg