You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And he wasn't alone in the 80's.

Ask Howard Gayle how he found it tough to get into the first team because he was black an accused of having a chip on his shoulder.

Yes, there were loads of racist cunts in the 80s. They were, and still are, cunts. Please be aware that anyone who uses a comma innapropriatriatlely is a cunt.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al was very stupid. To publicly air views that you are a BNP supporter, and then to say you didn't want Liverpool to sign a player in the past because he was black was always going to come back to haunt him because it gives people nowhere to go other then he's racist.

However, whoever made this a story has done it to cause the most amount of harm possible to Al and not for the good of the club.

However, the exact same thing applies to Andy Heaton and the Munich story. So to be angry at one, and ok with the other is just hypocritical.

Whoever made a story out of both issues is a shithouse, but both Andy and Al were stupid to say those things on a public forum in the first place.

Al was very stupid. To publicly air views that you are a BNP supporter, and then to say you didn't want Liverpool to sign a player in the past because he was black was always going to come back to haunt him because it gives people nowhere to go other then he's racist.

However, whoever made this a story has done it to cause the most amount of harm possible to Al and not for the good of the club.

However, the exact same thing applies to Andy Heaton and the Munich story. So to be angry at one, and ok with the other is just hypocritical.

Whoever made a story out of both issues is a shithouse, but both Andy and Al were stupid to say those things on a public forum in the first place.

Nail on head!!

Like I have said before I'm in a position where I get to know about everyday racism on a weekly basis from someone close to me, but I have to say I really cant get worked up about the fact someone posted on a forum that he votes BNP or whatever.

But he didn't just post on a forum that he votes/voted BNP did he, It was everything else that went with it.

Did he 'publically' air them though? The internet, much more so back then than it does post-riots, provided a cloak of anonymity for people to say pretty much whatever they wanted, whether they really meant it or not.

Plus, what is the statute of limitations for an opinion? For example, what if someone posted a 'joke' about Madeline McCanne on here four years ago then - say, had a kid and stopped finding that kind of thing remotely funny, but then got a high profile job as a senior social worker on a case which had been covered by the media, and someone dragged up that 'joke'?

It's a worrying precedent. I heard a copper on the news recently say something along the lines of 'if you wouldn't say it in the street, don't say it on the internet', but this wasn't always the case.

So basically Al is a racist & lied his arse off about Rafa but we should be simpathetic because in real life he's a wonderful warm caring character who was one of the first to out the owners.

Where was all your sympathys Code, Juan with Rafa when he was the first person to out the owners and has also given more to the HJC as well as other charity's around Liverpool.

Just face facts your mate is a bad liar and a moron & your making yourselfs look stupid & hypocritical defending him hense why the only people who seem to agree with you are the ART.

Oh yea & the person who stitched him is clearly a grassing cunt either out for revenge or has something to gain from this. Never mind Al what goes around comes around.

That is fair point Johnny and you are totally right but they're still a million miles apart though Johnny. Whoever did that to Andy Heaton didn't get more negative publicity for the club as a whole in a race-related article that tied in Jen Chang into it as well to do more damage to the clubs reputation after everything that has gone on. Touch wood no other clubs sets of fans seize on it like blues or Mancs.

Doing that to Al could at worst case scenario affect his whole life outside of football and his family life, livelihood, reputation and let's say if he went for a job interview that came out to any possible future employer that he was talking up the BNP.

What Andy endured was small fry in terms of that as it only caused him a bit of embarrassment from a football perspective after he made an apology on his website. Nobody else was caught in the crossfire. I have much more sympathy with Al's situation than Andy's and that's not even from a biased point of view either. Their not even on the same stratosphere when it comes to damage to their reputations and the damage it could do to their lives. Andy is doing okay. It remains to be seen if this has any long term damage to Al's life.

But isn't it all, ultimately, self inflicted?

It was a cheap shot the way it all came out but he did still write it, he did still hold those opinions and he did still choose to air them on a public forum. He didn't really think about the future problems it may bring with regards jobs and life so why would it be a concern for whoever this character is?

It is indeed. T'internet is a dangerous place.

Guess it depends on your views, or at the least the views you choose to air. You wouldn't go around telling strangers on the street that you hate imigrants, voted BNP etc etc so why do it to strangers on the internet.

Guest ShoePiss

17 pages and the fucking inbred mong is posting too? Fucking hell this is going to be some read.

Guess it depends on your views, or at the least the views you choose to air. You wouldn't go around telling strangers on the street that you hate imigrants, voted BNP etc etc so why do it to strangers on the internet.

Again, can't argue with that at all.

I'll say again though that whoever did this sting on Al doesn't give a fuck about the club or it's reputation and I hope they read this.

It isn't just stupid to 'air those views' mate, it's fucking stupid to have them in the first place.

Being a secret racist isn't acceptable either.

Did he 'publically' air them though? The internet, much more so back then than it does post-riots, provided a cloak of anonymity for people to say pretty much whatever they wanted, whether they really meant it or not.

Plus, what is the statute of limitations for an opinion? For example, what if someone posted a 'joke' about Madeline McCanne on here four years ago then - say, had a kid and stopped finding that kind of thing remotely funny, but then got a high profile job as a senior social worker on a case which had been covered by the media, and someone dragged up that 'joke'?

It's a worrying precedent. I heard a copper on the news recently say something along the lines of 'if you wouldn't say it in the street, don't say it on the internet', but this wasn't always the case.

I don't think you could ever accuse Al of being shy and wanting anonymity mate.

Again, can't argue with that at all.

I'll say again though that whoever did this sting on Al doesn't give a fuck about the club or it's reputation and I hope they read this.

Absolutely, it was more about point scoring than caring about the club.

Guest ShoePiss
It is, I agree but Even after reading his comments I just think he hasn't worded right the thing about not wanting Barnes cos he was Black that was the 80s from Sitcoms and other shite I know England was a very Racist country. I don't agree with it. But Racism wasn't a huge deal till the late 90s now the BNP was started in the 80s. That's a long time ago. Other races were advertised in a very bad way, Society was being brainwashed into becoming racists. Did he say when he voted BNP. Have BNP changed over years. Did they start with good intentions? Hope your catching my drift. This over some grudge some cunt who don't care about smearing the club with more shit. And a subject that's racist in its self.

Stop talking fucking shite, I was a little older than your mental age when Barnes was about to sign. My only concern at that point was why was it taking so long, there was no issue with the colour of his skin and it wasn't acceptable then to think otherwise. Racism was still racism back then if you were brought up with any fucking decency you fucking brainless idiot.

To discriminate against someone because of their skin colour even though they could be one of the best footballers the club has ever known. To actively support a party like the BNP. I'm sure this person isn't 'haunted' by his views. To conclude anything other than the person is a racist, would be naive.

That is fair point Johnny and you are totally right but they're still a million miles apart though Johnny. Whoever did that to Andy Heaton didn't get more negative publicity for the club as a whole in a race-related article that tied in Jen Chang into it as well to do more damage to the clubs reputation after everything that has gone on. Touch wood no other clubs sets of fans seize on it like blues or Mancs.

Doing that to Al could at worst case scenario affect his whole life outside of football and his family life, livelihood, reputation and let's say if he went for a job interview that came out to any possible future employer that he was talking up the BNP.

What Andy endured was small fry in terms of that as it only caused him a bit of embarrassment from a football perspective after he made an apology on his website. Nobody else was caught in the crossfire. I have much more sympathy with Al's situation than Andy's and that's not even from a biased point of view either. Their not even on the same stratosphere when it comes to damage to their reputations and the damage it could do to their lives. Andy is doing okay. It remains to be seen if this has any long term damage to Al's life.

Absolutely. Al is going to suffer a lot more for this then Heaton. My point is that both issues been made a story were just done with the intention of hurting each individual. They were shithouse acts by the people who leaked them in both cases.

However, what Al said was and is abhorrent. There is no comparison between it and what Heaton said. Heaton was an idiot and a hypocrite when you consider his HJC comments. But Al holds views that are correctly seen as disgusting by the general public in the main and of a significant issue in society that contribute to hate crimes. Because of that, sadly for him he'll be held to a much higher level of vilification. As we say in my job, never write something in an e-mail or a memo that you wouldnt be fine with hearing read back to you in a court of law. The same applies to a forum. You should only air views that you would have no problem saying in public, or have read back to you. A lot of people still on this site need to learn that one with they way they abuse people.

Funny how its only his mates who are defending him.

Fuck this thread off. I hope nobody at the club reads it. Or any shit-stirring journos for that matter. Because there are some real dickheads in here. Fucking mind-numbingly boring hearing cunts like Code and his big clique talk absolute bollocks habitually.

Hahahaha. Oh the irony.