You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (Home) - 03/03/'12

Lario

if we don't win this one I'll be fucked off, Arsenal are seriously shite and have no character what so ever, don't win and we can look forward to a famous victory over Trabzonspor next year

biggest selection dilemma for me is Bellamy or Downing, Bellamy has been much better over the season but hopefully Stu is just starting to turn the corner, Jay a must start in this one for me

-------------Pepe-------------

Johnson--Carra---Skrtel---Enrique

------Stevie--Jay--Adam--------

Downing------Carroll--------Suarez

easily revertable to a 4-4-2 when defending

I would be of the opposite opinion, dont feel it a game that will suit him.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal will be confident after their good win over Spurs. If we do not win this one, fourth gets that much harder. The games will start to run out and that's one of our immediate rivals we did not haul back towards us if we fail to win.

If Merstesacker plays I think he has the game to deal with Carroll, but he is very slow on the turn, so I'd probably play a front three of Suarez, Bellamy and Downing. A midfield three of Gerrard, Spearing and Adam, and the back four should probably be as it has been of late, with Carra in for the injured Agger (it might be getting close to call who should start out of Coates and Carra, but this is probably the last season Jamie gets the nod over the big Uruguayan, depending of course on his progress).

Arsenal will be confident after their good win over Spurs. If we do not win this one, fourth gets that much harder. The games will start to run out and that's one of our immediate rivals we did not haul back towards us if we fail to win.

If Merstesacker plays I think he has the game to deal with Carroll, but he is very slow on the turn, so I'd probably play a front three of Suarez, Bellamy and Downing. A midfield three of Gerrard, Spearing and Adam, and the back four should probably be as it has been of late, with Carra in for the injured Agger (it might be getting close to call who should start out of Coates and Carra, but this is probably the last season Jamie gets the nod over the big Uruguayan, depending of course on his progress).

Wouldn't play Gerrard/Adam duo against Arsenal's midfield 3. Would like to start with 3 but think that its worth keeping Carroll in the side as he might be able to cause problems to their back 4. Think if we're only playing two then Spearing should play.

Bellamy played 73 mins for Wales after 60 for us on Sunday so i imagine he will only be used from the bench.

Reina

Kelly Carra Skrtel Enrique

Dirk Spearing Gerrard Downing

Saurez Carroll

Can't see Bellamy starting considering he played 90 minutes yesterday.

He came off with 15 to go. I agree with those saying we should not play with 2 in midfield. However, if Gerrard is out, that could leave us with a midfield trio of speo, adam and henderson. Which would not be ideal. We really miss Lucas when the big games come around.

He came off with 15 to go. I agree with those saying we should not play with 2 in midfield. However, if Gerrard is out, that could leave us with a midfield trio of speo, adam and henderson. Which would not be ideal. We really miss Lucas when the big games come around.

Nice understatment there. :whistle:

As the thread seems slow in regards to match talk can a fellow red ask some advice. Making the trip over to the match an saturday morning and staying in Liverpool saturday night. Where best before game for pints, and afterwards to maybe watch the later kick offs, and finally where to head at night.

Really want to see Bellamy on for this one, as well as Kuyt. Our midfield and back four will need all the help and protection it can get, and if Gerrard isn't 100%, I would think Spearing would need to come in to manage Song and/or Arteta. Almost forgot Arteta plays for them. He'll be up for this as a former blue.

Guest ShoePiss

Steven Gerrard avoids long absence after scan on hamstring injury shows no serious damage - Telegraph

Steven Gerrard avoids long absence after scan on hamstring injury shows no serious damage

Steven Gerrard has escaped a lengthy lay-off with the hamstring injury sustained during England’s defeat against Holland, but the Liverpool captain is doubtful for Saturday’s game with Arsenal at Anfield.

Two in the middle would be folly against Arsenal, even more so with Agger out and Carragher having to start - that forces us to play deeper by default. We'd be handing them a considerable advantage if we go with a Gerrard - Adam partnership. Spearing needs to join them.

This entirely!

Coates over Carragher?

Don't think Kenny will go for Coates over Carra for this one but it must be tempting despite his lack of playing time because Agger's absence will be noticed particularly against Arsenal and Coates has similar qualities to Agger.

Think he'll go for Carra though despite the fact we'll end up deeper.

------------------------Reina-----------------------

GJ-----------Carragher----------Skrtel--------Enrique

--------------Spearing----------Adam---------------

Downing----------------Suarez------------------Maxi

-------------------------Kuyt-----------------------

if Gerrard and bellamy aren't fit

------------------------Reina-----------------------

GJ-----------Carragher----------Skrtel--------Enrique

--------------Spearing----------Adam---------------

Downing----------------Suarez------------------Maxi

-------------------------Kuyt-----------------------

if Gerrard and bellamy aren't fit

I'd rather have Suarez isolated against their center backs than Kuyt.