You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

That would be immense about Adam if true. Nothing against him personally but never understood why Kenny pursued him so much as he never struck me as anything special. If West Ham are willing to pay any kind of money for joe cole I would laugh my tits off. How much would Spearing be made available for?

That would be immense about Adam if true. Nothing against him personally but never understood why Kenny pursued him so much as he never struck me as anything special. If West Ham are willing to pay any kind of money for joe cole I would laugh my tits off. How much would Spearing be made available for?

Saw a rumour tonight saying Speo to Reading for £3.5m !

Took another hit, paid 10 million for him.

Still, another big wage off our books.

Edit: If Sahin does end up going back, then we will to replace him.

Don't care - obviously overpaid and we would be getting market value back for him as opposed getting Alberto'd for the next two years.

We paid 7m for Adam. He's worth 10m in my opinion, if the team is built around him, he can be masterful as he was at blackpool. Jeeze his corners are worth 10m by themselves ask anyone. Im super serial. He'll be a hit at the shite and for that reason we should not sell him to them at all costs.

Anything said about why Mourinho doesn't want Sahin? Do Madrid want to keep him in the long term?

I'm pretty sure they don't want to sell and are only looking to loan him out, after all he is just 23. He, however, has been plagued by injuries for a year and Madrid being Madrid don't want to adventure into giving someone not at the level they play, minutes to get back up to his former self.

Anything said about why Mourinho doesn't want Sahin? Do Madrid want to keep him in the long term?

basically because he would be competing for a place with Alonso and Modric, although personally if it was me I'd just not bother signing Modric and keep Sahin

There is a case for the entire old midfield (Lucas/Gerrard excepted) to be moved on, or for them to improve under Rodgers. We shall have to see how the unit that we end up with looks.

There are some horrible hits to be taken on Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam. In the grand scheme of things a £4m loss is good value.

I'm pretty sure they don't want to sell and are only looking to loan him out, after all he is just 23. He, however, has been plagued by injuries for a year and Madrid being Madrid don't want to adventure into giving someone not at the level they play, minutes to get back up to his former self.

Makes sense. Especially considering they will sooner rather later begin to phase Alonso out of the team. A good level for Sahin to continue his rehabilitation but just where that leaves us in a year is hard to say. Still, let us enjoy this signing.

Shame if Tello doesn't wasn't to come here, although raw he's a game changer. He's got the type of acceleration defenders cannot deal with.

I thought we paid 8m for Adam, never heard anywhere we've paid more than that. Spearing to Reading for 3.5m would be great too, o know ot was caughtoffside.com but 6m for cole tp west ham would be hilarious. Just need villa to put in a 15m bid for downing. My car will need a few tanks of petrol to drive all of them to each ground. Off to bed for a wank about these rumours. laters.