You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Guest ShoePiss

I doubt we get an extra £10m for just being in the UEFA cup, last time we made it to the 1/4's it was worth 6.1m. I'd imagine that £10m figure is for winning it and everything associated with that.

Of course its an investment same as them all. But your asking for them to spend huge amounts of money they don't have. So WE ARE WERE WE ARE.

The manager has not spent well, that is not their fault. But being in the Europa League earns us an extra £10m than without it.(from their mouths, sponsorship deals)

I'm not asking them to do anything, though I think they owe it to everyone to be upfront about their ambitions. They stated 4th was the goal yet in January when it was obvious the club needed a striker they didn't get the job done.

Now we have Comolli telling fans not to expect much this summer, so unless Carroll, Downing, Henderson, and Adam suddenly become players they're obviously not, we can expect more of the same next year.

Its time they stepped up and levelled with the supporters that LFC is now a "cup" team and that the Europa is the goal not the CL. I just don't think they have the guts, so they'll pretend 4th is the goal, and we'll pretend we have a chance meanwhile City, United, Chelsea, and Tottenham fight it out.

Its not the worst situation as the club will always be financially stable and in the PL, sort of a well off Villa.

Guest ShoePiss
I could not ask questions regarding Suarez or the stadium. I wanted the interviews for the supporters club to boost its profile, so I asked them both.

I've asked a hell of a lot of questions. Don't forget they have learned a lot in 18 months and its been a hell of an 18 months.

Maybe the Red Sox fans felt they would still not be there now. Who knows?

What I do know is Liverpool is not a "play thing" to them.

Fair enough, I appreciate what you have done.

Guest alantkayll
I'm not asking them to do anything, though I think they owe it to everyone to be upfront about their ambitions. They stated 4th was the goal yet in January when it was obvious the club needed a striker they didn't get the job done.

Now we have Comolli telling fans not to expect much this summer, so unless Carroll, Downing, Henderson, and Adam suddenly become players they're obviously not, we can expect more of the same next year.

Its time they stepped up and levelled with the supporters that LFC is now a "cup" team and that the Europa is the goal not the CL. I just don't think they have the guts, so they'll pretend 4th is the goal, and we'll pretend we have a chance meanwhile City, United, Chelsea, and Tottenham fight it out.

Its not the worst situation as the club will always be financially stable and in the PL, sort of a well off Villa.

Well your entitled to your opinion.

Guest ShoePiss
He said including our sponsorship deals aswell

I know but it still seems high for just the group UEFA cup games. If so great, better to have than have not.

Guest alantkayll
I doubt we get an extra £10m for just being in the UEFA cup, last time we made it to the 1/4's it was worth 6.1m. I'd imagine that £10m figure is for winning it and everything associated with that.

The £10m was from last year before the Spurs game. Its to do with Standard Chartered and Adidas.

It will be more under Warrior as the deal FSG have done is very impressive.

Our short comings are not being able to put the ball in the net. We have missed six (I think) pens and hit the woodwork 21 times this season. If half of those chances went in we are sitting pretty in CL spots and everyone is slapping each other on the back. They dont go in and we have nonces flapping round like hormonal little bitches. We are progressing.

Mate, even if we had of taken half of them 21 shots that hit the bar and were fourth, some of the idiots on here would still be complaining because we werent in with a shout for the league. Thats the way it is these days.

Guest ShoePiss
Mate, even if we had of taken half of them 21 shots that hit the bar and were fourth, some of the idiots on here would still be complaining because we werent in with a shout for the league. Thats the way it is these days.

Yeah I remember when we were top of the league and people were complaining.

Oh well, it's going to be quite a while until we do win the league.

I think it is reasonable expectation to challenge for top four spot and after the relatively bad season both Arsenal and Chelsea we should have had the same. It was a reasonable objective to finish or challenge for tope four considering the amount of money spent and the failings of the other competitors.

The reality is that a huge amount of money has been wasted on Downing, Carroll Adam and Henderson relative to what they have contributed.

The problems are well documented about finishing but we brought a striker for 35 million who the manager doesnt trust in a big game. I cant imagine majority of people trusting a manager to spend more big money on a striker in January.

Kenny will be here next season but more than likely because the FSG dont want to pay out more for relieving of him of his duties rather than expectations and performance.

Whats are the chances the 20 million bid talker about was for Cavani which we have no chance of getting for that amount of money anyway.

I ask if you are a WUM because from the few posts I have seen from you you are lamenting as to how unlikely it is that we will ever win anything any time soon. On this thread waffling on about not winning the league anytime soon and on another saying we wont win the CL any time soon. While we are not going to win either next season one thing for sure is that our inefficiency in front of goal will be resolved which has been our main problem this season.

So your previous user name? I cant remember who is from Oregon.

Guest ShoePiss
I ask if you are a WUM because from the few posts I have seen from you you are lamenting as to how unlikely it is that we will ever win anything any time soon. On this thread waffling on about not winning the league anytime soon and on another saying we wont win the CL any time soon. While we are not going to win either next season one thing for sure is that our inefficiency in front of goal will be resolved which has been our main problem this season.

So your previous user name? I cant remember who is from Oregon.

There was no waffle, I simply said we won't win the league any time soon. I didn't say we won't win the CL any time soon but we won't seeing as we're not fucking in it this season or next. I never said that it's unlikely that we will ever win anything anytime soon. We've just won the League cup for fuck's sake.

How the fuck does that make me a wum? If you disagree with what I'm saying that's fine but I'm not saying the above simply to get a rise out of someone.

Oh and I'm from Liverpool but live in Portland.

There was no waffle, I simply said we won't win the league any time soon. I didn't say we won't win the CL any time soon but we won't seeing as we're not fucking in it this season or next. I never said that it's unlikely that we will ever win anything anytime soon. We've just won the League cup for fuck's sake.

How the fuck does that make me a wum? If you disagree with what I'm saying that's fine but I'm not saying the above simply to get a rise out of someone.

Oh and I'm from Liverpool but live in Portland.

Here is a sample of some of your shit from today:

Posted By ShoePiss

Re: Summer Transfer Thread 2012

Yeah I remember when we were top of the league and people were complaining.

Oh well, it's going to be quite a while until we do win the league.

Posted By ShoePiss

They might not be selling right this instant but that's their plan. We're a business interest, that's it. They're not from Liverpool and have no ties to us or the sport. It's only money, no emotion....

Posted By ShoePiss

It's not a poor comment, we will not have a new stadium by 2014. I'd put money on that and I'd be very interested in a bet for 2015 too actually.

F

A

C

T

It seems that, not only are you writing off our chances of winning the league any time soon, but also our owners are not going to build a new stadium and will probably sell us off once they have liquidated all our assets, they are afterall, emotionless wools.

Guest ShoePiss
Here is a sample of some of your shit from today:

It seems that, not only are you writing off our chances of winning the league any time soon, but also our owners are not going to build a new stadium and will probably sell us off once they have liquidated all our assets, they are afterall, emotionless wools.

I believe everything I've written there, none of it was done with the aim of winding anyone up although it's clear it has you. I don't think it's shit either, so you believe we will win the league some time soon and the owners will build a stadium in the near future. That's all great, I'm happy to disagree.

I didn't and wouldn't call them wools because they're not.

But you did say:

They're not from Liverpool and have no ties to us or the sport. It's only money, no emotion....

This idea of having to be from Liverpool to have any form of emotional tie to the club is Evertonian.

Anyway, I have a badly broken leg, im grumpy and its late, so Im going to sleep.

Guest ShoePiss
But you did say:

They're not from Liverpool and have no ties to us or the sport. It's only money, no emotion....

This idea of having to be from Liverpool to have any form of emotional tie to the club is Evertonian.

Anyway, I have a badly broken leg, im grumpy and its late, so Im going to sleep.

They're businessmen, it is just business. They don't care about the sport, it could be conkers and they'd be interested if the money was there.

Yeah get to bed.

I think it is reasonable expectation to challenge for top four spot and after the relatively bad season both Arsenal and Chelsea we should have had the same. It was a reasonable objective to finish or challenge for tope four considering the amount of money spent and the failings of the other competitors.

The reality is that a huge amount of money has been wasted on Downing, Carroll Adam and Henderson relative to what they have contributed.

The problems are well documented about finishing but we brought a striker for 35 million who the manager doesnt trust in a big game. I cant imagine majority of people trusting a manager to spend more big money on a striker in January.

Kenny will be here next season but more than likely because the FSG dont want to pay out more for relieving of him of his duties rather than expectations and performance.

Whats are the chances the 20 million bid talker about was for Cavani which we have no chance of getting for that amount of money anyway.

It's true that challenging for a top four place was a reasonable goal, but we were always an outside chance with the state of our squad, and add that we did not have Gerrard or Suarez for the majority of our season, and it was always going to be an extremely difficult task.

Our squad was vastly improve upon last summer, despite people only wanting world class signings, and adding to or three quality players this summer will once again vastly improve the squad.

However, I totally disagree with FSG aren't going to be happy with Kenny's results so far this year. We've gone from shite football to good football and our defense is great, and we're playing with a bit of style.

I can't say that it is Kenny's fault that the players can't slot in penalties, or keep hitting posts, or hitting the crowd behind th net. We are, literally, 10 goals out of third place... Give or take.