You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cummins' declaration wasn't quite in Cook's league, but it has raised a few eyebrows. Then again, a few dropped catches today didn't help. 

Ah well, the Hobart Test is on my birthday, as is the reds' semi-final. Looking forward to it! 

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Something to build on for the future, no need to rock the boat, we're heading in the right direction etc etc.

Crawley is definitely one to persist with. Those brutal pull shots reminded me a lot of Michael Vaughan in his prime. 

So I just read that this Test started on the anniversary of Bairstow Snr's death. Then Jonny goes on to score a crucial century (apparently his first one at Test level since 2018) and plays another solid innings to help England scrape out a hard-fought draw. 

Well in. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, A_S said:

Cummins' declaration wasn't quite in Cook's league, but it has raised a few eyebrows. Then again, a few dropped catches today didn't help. 

Ah well, the Hobart Test is on my birthday, as is the reds' semi-final. Looking forward to it! 

It was the first judgment call he's had to make in the Series, and it was shite.

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Flipper himself could hit you for 36 there fella 

Flipper himself could hit you for 36 there fella 

Third delivery is getting twatted for four. The rest are on the money. The second delivery is the best one, zips on lovely. 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Salisbury used to get a lot of turn with a much less aggressive action. He was very round armed though.

Do you get much overspin? Quite difficult to tell, especially on a net surface.

My leg break has a 45 degree angle, with the seam pointing towards between first/second slip.  If you mash the pause button on the leg break stump cam video you might be able to see it.  Go fullscreen and mash the pause button.

1 minute ago, TK-421 said:

My leg break has a 45 degree angle, with the seam pointing towards between first/second slip.  If you mash the pause button on the leg break stump cam video you might be able to see it.

Yeah, looked that way. It looked like you'd get quite a lot of overspin. More Kumble than Warne.

I was an off break bowler and just tried to copy this as much as possible -

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, looked that way. It looked like you'd get quite a lot of overspin. More Kumble than Warne.

I was an off break bowler and just tried to copy this as much as possible -

This one gives a better perspective of the turn/bounce.  I'm particularly proud of the second delivery.

2 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

It was the first judgment call he's had to make in the Series, and it was shite.

They got over 100 overs at them, took 9 wickets and dropped 3 catches. As I said, it was a tad conservative, but should still have been enough. 

Also, I wonder how Mark Wood's toe is at the moment? What a fucking ball that was.