You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Played today, very wet, started half an hour late. Opened and played out the first over. Then off for 20 mins for rain.

Back on, another over, off for rain.

Back on, left arm over bowls, played inside the line, hits my arse, drops, hits the lip of of a foot hole, spins back 4 feet and hits the stumps with just enough force to dislodge a bail. 30 seconds later the heavens opened and we were called off.

£8 subs.

Played today, very wet, started half an hour late. Opened and played out the first over. Then off for 20 mins for rain.

Back on, another over, off for rain.

Back on, left arm over bowls, played inside the line, hits my arse, drops, hits the lip of of a foot hole, spins back 4 feet and hits the stumps with just enough force to dislodge a bail. 30 seconds later the heavens opened and we were called off.

£8 subs.

Tightarse

Forecast doesn't look bad for the next test. Anyone going? Any spares?

Going first day. Potential for rain which will be a fucker. I saw there were tickets for day 4 still available last week but I will be away.

Sounds like Wood is a doubt which I guess will mean Plunkett coming in. The Anderson injury could be a game changer. Hope not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So many sub-plots leading into this crucial Test, mainly on the Australian side. But that Anderson injury could be potentially massive. Speaking of good records at Trent Bridge, Peter Siddle took 8 wickets @ 16.4 there last time in his only Test at this venue. He's since played a season for Notts in 2014, where he did ok. Is it enough to get him a recall? Probably not, but he's got to be the one to come in if there is a change? 

Going first day. Potential for rain which will be a fucker. I saw there were tickets for day 4 still available last week but I will be away.

Sounds like Wood is a doubt which I guess will mean Plunkett coming in. The Anderson injury could be a game changer. Hope not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did you see that mate?

I live a mile from the ground - it was a shower which has already stopped... Don't be so melodramatic!

Forecast is for overcast for the first day, then sunny but a bit cloudy for the following three days.

Given it swings anyway at Trent Bridge, the weather is pretty much ideal for England.

I live a mile from the ground - it was a shower which has already stopped... Don't be so melodramatic!

Forecast is for overcast for the first day, then sunny but a bit cloudy for the following three days.

Given it swings anyway at Trent Bridge, the weather is pretty much ideal for England.

So should we bat if we win the toss?

Time for Finn to prove that the last test wasn't just a flash in the pan and start to be consistent . If he can then England have a great chance of winning the Ashes this weekend if not I really can't see us bowling them out twice...

Also a big hundred by someone wouldn't go amiss.

I live in the city centre and when I posted that it was raining quite heavily

Anyway, showers right now.

Whatever happens, Australia cannot lose this Test, though drawing it means they cannot win the series. I'm not sure I trust this team to be able to win the last two. We'll see, I guess. 

It's looking as though we will go in unchanged, which is remarkable in itself. Lose the series here and heads will roll and a few will have undoubtedly played their last Test for Australia. 

Whatever happens, Australia cannot lose this Test, though drawing it means they cannot win the series. I'm not sure I trust this team to be able to win the last two. We'll see, I guess.

It's looking as though we will go in unchanged, which is remarkable in itself. Lose the series here and heads will roll and a few will have undoubtedly played their last Test for Australia.

Do you reckon? Voges maybe, but Rogers has been Australia's best player and Clarke has already said he won't be retiring. Who else is for the chop?

Hope Australia pick the same side rather than bring in Siddel for Starc...

According to the Beeb it's a win toss and bowl first.....

Starc is a much more dangerous bowler but on the seamer last match you do think Siddle landing it on a length would have been a decent bet. If it's a similar pitch it would make sense for the Aussies to put him in.