You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people you've met.

My mate used to be a manager of the old GMex in Manchester and he said Ian Brown was a complete arsehole and his kids were twats. Gave one of them a clip for spitting on the wallpaper, the kid gave it the big I am so my mate said fetch your dad cos I'll fucking batter him too.

Old fellas get a bit cantankerous with age.

Cue Stringy joke from somebody like MT.

Couple years back I met Ricky Hatton at the airport in Tenerife. Our flight home was delayed 7 hours and my wife was orchestrating the demand for baby milk to be delivered to the airport as they don't sell it there. There was gangs of infants crying their eyes out for some milk and my wife was chatting away to Hatton's missus who also needed some and Ricky came over and was sat with us. He was very pleasant and posed for loads of photos with the punters.

Later on when we were boarding there was a massive kick off in the departure lounge when some fella was arguing with his wife, both bladdered and people generally just tutting waiting for airport security to get onto it, then out of nowhere the fella landed a couple of punches to his wifes face. I thundered up and grabbed this fella and lashed him to one side thinking that Hatton would be right behind me. Nowhere to be seen. Not sure if it's because he saw I was probably harder than Ricky himself or if he didn't want to risk taking the fellas head off himself. He just gave me an approving nod.

On a sidenote though, no other cunt got involved so it was just me throwing this fella to one side. Shit myself thinking the airport security would have taken me to one side to explain myself but luckily managed to get on the plane with my duty free toblerones.

• Upvote 5

Couple years back I met Ricky Hatton at the airport in Tenerife. Our flight home was delayed 7 hours and my wife was orchestrating the demand for baby milk to be delivered to the airport as they don't sell it there. There was gangs of infants crying their eyes out for some milk and my wife was chatting away to Hatton's missus who also needed some and Ricky came over and was sat with us. He was very pleasant and posed for loads of photos with the punters.

Later on when we were boarding there was a massive kick off in the departure lounge when some fella was arguing with his wife, both bladdered and people generally just tutting waiting for airport security to get onto it, then out of nowhere the fella landed a couple of punches to his wifes face. I thundered up and grabbed this fella and lashed him to one side thinking that Hatton would be right behind me. Nowhere to be seen. Not sure if it's because he saw I was probably harder than Ricky himself or if he didn't want to risk taking the fellas head off himself. He just gave me an approving nod.

On a sidenote though, no other cunt got involved so it was just me throwing this fella to one side. Shit myself thinking the airport security would have taken me to one side to explain myself but luckily managed to get on the plane with my duty free toblerones.

You're Ricky's hero Furmy.  

And what happened with the milk?  

• 6 years later...
On 05/07/2013 at 23:58, A Red said:

Fred West

Many moons ago when I was a teenager we moved from Malvern to Worcester and as I wasnt old enough to have a moped, used to hitchhike to and from in order to see mates etc.

The one day I got a lift off a bloke and a young girl and i was on the front bench seat of their van, next to the door with the young girl between me and the driver. I saw him nudge her and she put her hand between my legs and looked at me with sad eyes (fuck off before anyone starts). I looked at him and saw him leering at her. Anyway, we got to a roundabout and he slow down and i jumped the fuck out.

I'm 100% sure it was Fred West and his daughter. When it all came to light I read that a number of victims were from Worcester and he used to go trawling with his daughter and watch her shag blokes

@Rico1304

I imagine he did.

• Upvote 2

On 07/11/2013 at 09:41, celeryBADboy said:

Forgot to add the Drummer from the Las that i was in James Lee House with.

I love how Simon persisted with this. Even after I’d told him that the lad he knew from The Las was telling him porkies he still added it to this thread. 

On 28/05/2009 at 12:54, Guest simon said:

I was in James lee house with the drummer from The La's He is now a raging alcoholic but a sound guy. Sorry for the *F on the GF but its very funny to do with him. He is a mad Blue shite fan and the day Shrek was discovered as being decent he got his name tattood on his arm with the Blue shite badge. About 2 weeks later he left and went to the Mancs ha ha he still got that tatoo aswell. He spunked what he earnt on drugs and alcohol. And now has epititus. Calls himself Tim.

On 07/09/2011 at 17:28, Guest simon said:

Is the original drummer still there? Hope he's sorted his shit out he was a Fucking mess.

You’ll see from the next post that I am actually a pretty hard man. The other lad was almost nine and a half stone of pure, prime, white male. 

On 07/09/2011 at 19:31, Captain Turdseye said:

I only come into this thread to tell a story about this lad. I was going to say that it's more of a story for the bullshitters thread. This is actually fucking mad Si, a proper weird coincidence.

Timmy lived in Runcorn Old Town years ago when I lived there aswell. He was never a baghead or a pisshead in those days and actually got into our crowd of people and would drink in the same pubs as us. It's definitely the same lad with the same tattoo.

Well one day, we were having a BBQ in my dads back garden and he come out with the claim that he was a member of The La's. Everyone knew he was lying and the bird that lived next door went into her house and brought out one of their albums. Nowhere in the little booklet did it have his name or a photo of him. Oh how we laughed and he was forever known locally (still is) as Timmy Laa Laa. He ended up as a baghead through bad choices of his own and it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to con you out of a few beers.

I actually battered him once aswell. Again, we were having a piss up in my old mans garden. He'd been hanging around outside the gate for ages as he couldn't come in or the dog would have bit him. He was an alcy at this point and we'd passed him a couple of beers over the fence but he was starting to annoy me. I told him that he was fine to fuck off at any time because everyone was sick of him being on the bum and he leaned over and tried to punch me. I didn't want to look like a soft touch in front of all the people there so I had to smack him a couple of times. I do feel a little bit guilty about that, but fuck it, he deserved it.

Edit: He tried to talk his way out of the lie by saying he was in the band before they were famous, but told other people that it was after they were famous. Strange bullshit.

On 23/06/2014 at 19:39, Captain Turdseye said:

Just heard that the bag head Simon was on about here has popped his clogs. One less bullshitter in the world. Drugs are bad m'kay.

He stole a £2 coin off my fireplace once as well. Absolute scumbag. Unforgivable. 

Johnny Ball gave me the impression he was unimpressed with low-emission buses.

Mike Oldfield shouted at me on stage at Wembley Arena.

Theresa Villiers got me thinking"someone that posh is bound to be filthy".

Neville Southall told me he doesn't like wearing trousers.

On 01/08/2011 at 09:16, Mel Wood said:

Julia Roberts, Aerosmith, Elton Welsby's mum, but by far most chuffed with Nigel Blackwell from HMHB and his family a few weeks ago. Smashing fella.

Julia Roberts and Elton Welsbys mum in the same sentence wow 

Met Michael Hutchence & Co. back in 1980 when I did a support for INXS at the Dee Why Hotel, Sydney. They’d released their first single ‘Just Keep Walkin’ but weren’t exactly a household name.

Met Dewey Bunnell in 1999 post ‘America’ gig at the Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington. He’s a legend and I was completely beside myself. I had a gut feeling that ‘A Horse With No Name’ was a funny tuning on the guitar and I asked him if that was true. He confirmed it, and wrote down the tuning for me on the back of my ticket as well as his autograph.

Met Prince Andrew in the mid 2000s when I set up his Mic, prior to him giving a speech at a very top notch event. I was a self employed sound tech in those days (pre GFC) and it was a local one-off event.

Theres been a couple of other meetings with semi-famous people in Australia & NZ over the years, including Author and Wallaby great Peter Fitzimmons. Top guy and very funny.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Shift said:

Met Michael Hutchence & Co. back in 1980 when I did a support for INXS at the Dee Why Hotel, Sydney. They’d released their first single ‘Just Keep Walkin’ but weren’t exactly a household name.

Met Dewey Bunnell in 1999 post ‘America’ gig at the Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington. He’s a legend and I was completely beside myself. I had a gut feeling that ‘A Horse With No Name’ was a funny tuning on the guitar and I asked him if that was true. He confirmed it, and wrote down the tuning for me on the back of my ticket as well as his autograph.

Met Prince Andrew in the mid 2000s when I set up his Mic, prior to him giving a speech at a very top notch event. I was a self employed sound tech in those days (pre GFC) and it was a local one-off event.

Theres been a couple of other meetings with semi-famous people in Australia & NZ over the years, including Author and Wallaby great Peter Fitzimmons. Top guy and very funny.

A nonce and one fetisher is a great return. Not quite in A Red's territory but not bad at all.

Tom O'Connor and Debbie Greenwood back in the late 80s when they had that daytime BBC show. Our school was just up from the old Baseball Ground and we got to go on the show when they were in Derby. They filmed us locked in a stand whilst John Gregory and Arthur Cox kicked balls at the fence. Which looking back is rather random. Still remember the chicken soup being one of the tastiest I'd had. Oh and Debbie was absolutely fit, definitely needs putting in the Retro Beauties thread.