You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people you've met.

Has anyone got any stories of meeting famous people?

I met Ricky Hatton in town before some boxing in december. I nearly knocked his pint over while getting a picture took with him. Turns out that he's a racist aswell, he called James Degale a ni**er. Also met Kell Brook and Ryan Rhodes the other week.

Met Dave Mcabe from The Zutons in Woolton Village, he was snorting coke in the toilets of a pub. He was a bit of a bellend to be honest.

When I was a kid, I fell off the kitchen units while trying to get the radio down to listen to the match, and broke my arm in the process. My uncle knew Robbie Fowlers agent at the time and told him the story of how it happened. He told God and he sent me a get well soon card which was pretty fucking ace for an 8 year old boy.

Met the queen in Runcorn, as mad as that sounds. She was there to open up the old police station and I was living there at the time. 4 of us got chosen from the local primary school to meet her. There was a big crowd and loads of union jack waving, all that bollocks. She come over and said hello to us which made my ma proud.

Can anyone top that?

Loads.

I once spent a NYE at a house party with Hunter from Gladiators in Battersea.

We were warned not to make a big deal out of his TV fame, or Ulrika.

Three hours later we're sending him to make cocktails "on our first whistle", asking him if Ulrika took it up the arse, and getting photos taken with me and another mate hanging off his biceps while he did a muscle pose.

Pretty decent lad actually.

We were cocks, obv.

Apart from a few f**ty related meetings (I have a Michael Thomas autograph on a Wimbledon programme...wonder how much that'll be worth) I've never met anyone seriously famous.

I used to do a bit of work as an extra so met some of the "stars" of Hollyoaks and brookie. Gary Lucy (the lad who got bummed in the show) offered me an Opal fruit but I turned it down because it was green. Most of them were alright to be honest and proper fit

When I was 10 or 11 my dad took me to a wrestling event in the Royal Court in town. It was mostly a ripoff british thing, instead of Doink the clown then had Bozo the clown, instead of the Undertaker they had the Grave Digger etc but Giant Haystacks was there. Anyway, I went looking for a programme and saw some old fat fella sat behind a table, I said "do you sell Programmes?" he looked at me like I was daft and said no. I realised years later that it was actually Big Daddy and I'd probably just made him realise how forgotten he was in the young generation.

feelsbadman

• Upvote 1

And who was that British swimmer a few years back? Karen sommat? Went out on the lash with her when I was boning her very fit cousin.

She was pretty impressive, shoulders-wise. Got thrown out of her flat when my idiot friend fell all the way down her stairs taking about 10 framed pictures with him.

We were cocks.

Has anyone got any stories of meeting famous people?

Can anyone top that?

Kirkland Laing and Dennis Andries lived on our estate. They weren't racist. Laing dealt drugs.

Met Larry Ellison. His smugness and egomania was palpable from across the room. Same with Daunte Culpepper.

The highlight though was meeting Mr Blobby and watching him wrestle my dad to the floor.

Spent half a day working with Kylie in the mid-nineties, small but perfectly formed.

My brother works in TV and got to see many celebrities up close. He said there is no sight more perfect than Kylie and no sight more hideous than Pamela Anderson without makeup.

Don'y know about met but I'm extremely confident that nobody, absolutely nobody has seen more Liverpool players in a supermarket than me, it's bizarre. I have seen the following doing their weekly shop.

Pepe Reina

Daniel Agger

Marcus Babbel

Sami Hyypia

Lucas

Luis Garcia

Didi Hamman

Maxi Rodriguez

Impressed? You should be.

Apart from a certain sport, I've not been very privileged meeting famous people. Watched Richard Harris filming something on the Birkenhead docks about a decade ago, and used to serve Warrior from Gladiators in the Cash and Carry I worked in as he owns a gym and club in Birkenhead. Saw Kelly Clarkson walking round the Colosseum in Rome too.

Quite a few actually!

Knocked Warrior from Gladiators clean out... (...of a poker tournament),

Shook John Barnes' hand,

Shook John Powers hand,

Had a 15 minute conversation with Dave McCabe about music. (He knows fuck all),

Spoke to a few guys who were in the La's / Cast for a while,

I'm sure there's a few more, need to have a proper think.

Used to meet a lot of bands when I was younger. We where hanging outside where they was playing and trying to get our records signed. Mostly metal bands.

Machine Head (really cool guys, let us in for soundcheck and spent the whole day with them)

Type O Negative (RIP Peter Steele)

Beastie Boys

Mike Patton (on two different occasions, with Faith No More & Mr.Bungle)

Primus

Dog Eat Dog

Carcass

Paradise Lost

Biohazard (Superfiendly, showed them around Oslo)

Metallica (let us in to their hotel)

Therapy? (got my green vinyl of Troublegum signed)

Downset

and probably more I have forget.

Jamie Carragher in his own house (long story)

Xabi Alonso (in playerlounge before the spurs game in 07)

Go on...

In short we met a guy who is a life long friend of the Carraghers. He decided to take us for a ride to show us where Carra was born etc.

We ended up going to Paula's(carras mum) house , who was babysitting James, Carras son at the time , meet his two brothers and Philly (carras dad) who where watching one of his sons play footie just outside Liverpool and then took us home to Jamie and asked if was ok for him if we came in and meet him.

And of course it was.

Not my story - but we were out in London in a cafe when my a lad i know was ordering breakfast. Bloke at the counter started chatting to him, mate recognised him - he said youre mad franky fraser arent you? He said yeah, he had brekkie with him. We were all gobsmacked.

Bono as well when I was having a smoke outside a bar back home, quite a gent I have to say but nothing compares to Mr T Bono, nothing.

I´m living now in the same city as Colombia´s most memorable sportsman, the one with the boss hair so when that photo comes, and it will come, tlw will be the first to see it.

In fact that day is one of the biggest regrets of my life.

After the game I went into the clubhouse for a pint. I must have been in my early 20's. Some dickhead told me to tuck in my shirt. AT BOOTLE MUNICIPAL.

Like a dick I did as the taxi driver said.

If I could turn back the time I would have executed him on the spot. I have since played at many of the worlds top courses and never have I had the abuse that I got at Bootle.