You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Used to play footy for a team in Southport and every time me and my mate would turn up they'd all be in the dressing room saying "quick lads. Hide your wallets, the scousers are here".

Was on holiday in Italy last year and I was talking to the hotel staff round the pool and this Cockley just comes up and says "Scouser eh, you're a long way from him aren't you?". I then asked if he lived in Rome and he said no. "So aren't you also a long way from home as well?. The standard of education must  be really bad down south". He then went on that at least they have jobs there unlike Liverpool. Told him apart from being in education I've never been out of work. They just think Liverpool is a 3rd world country full of gangsters and thieves. 

10 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Used to play footy for a team in Southport and every time me and my mate would turn up they'd all be in the dressing room saying "quick lads. Hide your wallets, the scousers are here".

Was on holiday in Italy last year and I was talking to the hotel staff round the pool and this Cockley just comes up and says "Scouser eh, you're a long way from him aren't you?". I then asked if he lived in Rome and he said no. "So aren't you also a long way from home as well?. The standard of education must  be really bad down south". He then went on that at least they have jobs there unlike Liverpool. Told him apart from being in education I've never been out of work. They just think Liverpool is a 3rd world country full of gangsters and thieves. 

That Bread documentary was really bad for the city.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Wolves fans are fucking awful with that shit.

I put up a few bits after they sang the songs all game which data showed Wolverhampton unemployment rate and child poverty was higher than Liverpool. You think people would have some sort of self awareness but it seem voting tory and wearing a england shirt and waiving the flag changes that

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Wolves fans are fucking awful with that shit.

I put up a few bits after they sang the songs all game which data showed Wolverhampton unemployment rate and child poverty was higher than Liverpool. You think people would have some sort of self awareness but it seem voting tory and wearing a england shirt and waiving the flag changes that

Yep. People from some of the worst shitholes in the country like Oldham, Blackpool, Wolverhampton and Middlesbrough looking down their noses at Liverpool. You couldn't make it up. 

Just now, Harry Squatter said:

Yep. People from some of the worst shitholes in the country like Oldham, Blackpool, Wolverhampton and Middlesbrough looking down their noses at Liverpool. You couldn't make it up. 

Yeah which is exactly my point about Newcastle - they do exactly same as all the above and have the same little ingerlunder mentality.

14 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That Bread documentary was really bad for the city.

Bread was shit and everybody connected with it should have been horsewhipped and thrown into the river in a sack.

And the other thing is hillbillies still go " kerm down kerm down" like its something that you haven't ever heard. It makes you want to complete the stereotype and Stanley them

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Usually met with a sarcastic 'oh that is brilliant, mate haha' from me.

59 minutes ago, Curly said:

“Good one” usually from me, or if in my younger days and when on the ale a rendition of “yous are original, yous are original”

The best comeback I ever heard was in The Arkles before a match against West Ham.  There was a bunch of their fans in there, singing their own songs (fair enough), but when they started on the anti-Scouse stuff the lad behind the bar started singing

I spat in your pints

I spat in your pints

You stupid bastards

I spat in your pints

They all got the message.

• Upvote 3

On 25/01/2024 at 20:31, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Mrs O'T just correctly guessed which thread I was laughing at because, apparently, I have a distinct "Everton chuckle".

My father-in-law isn't the man he was thanks to a massive stroke. Still, when my wife heard cackling from the next room at about quarter-to-five yesterday, she knew they were losing. He hasn't changed that much.

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The best comeback I ever heard was in The Arkles before a match against West Ham.  There was a bunch of their fans in there, singing their own songs (fair enough), but when they started on the anti-Scouse stuff the lad behind the bar started singing

I spat in your pints

I spat in your pints

You stupid bastards

I spat in your pints

They all got the message.

Probably first time pints had a head on them in there

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 28/01/2024 at 08:23, DalyanPete said:

So true that. Got Brummies here with the really funny. Watch your pockets, here's the scousers gag.

Oh, how we laugh.

Same all around leeds. I've binned a few so called friends on social media since last week. Small-time fucking nobodies. 

• Upvote 2

On 28/01/2024 at 10:29, Trumo said:

10 years ago today, this happened. This is where all my 'Nil Satis' stuff began. *sniff* It's been emotional.

hooligan.gif

Ten Years Satis Nisi Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckk!

I still love the guy to his right. 

24-the-scream-edvard-munch.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

On 27/01/2024 at 22:45, Curly said:

I fucking pity them. They’re absolutely fucking minging

I went to school with Jim Keoghan. Used to be mates with him. Still a FB friend. Funny fucker and a good writer, but every time a derby comes round his FB pic is Pickford crocking Virgil. Totally batshit mental.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

IfirradanabeenforFranzFerdinandWeimarrepublicandtheWallatreetcrash.

Screenshot_20240129_194052_Chrome.jpg

No wonder the Cartel won’t let them win. Every time they do a world war breaks out. 

• Haha 8
  • Upvote 1

"While researching his book The Last of the Hitlers, David Gardner was called by his business partner who had just received a letter from someone he described as a “complete whacko”, "some guy says Hitler lived next door to him in Liverpool and they used to go together to watch Everton at Goodison Park. It goes on and on about how he converted Adolf from liking Liverpool when he first came to Britain."

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Adolf.

Just like you swore to me that he’s a blue.

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Adolf. 

But he's a liar and I'm not sure about you.

• Upvote 3

They really are putting themselves between a rock and a hard place accepting money in advance from 777, or getting involved with them at all, for that matter:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/flair-airlines-unpaid-taxes-cra-seizure-order-1.7098045

Court documents show Flair Airlines owes the federal government $67.2 million in unpaid taxes, prompting the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to obtain an order for the seizure and sale of the carrier's property.

The CRA said it cannot comment on specific cases for confidentiality reasons but that it looks to make arrangements with a company "based on their ability to pay" before it garnishees revenues or goes even further.

"As a last resort, we may take additional legal collection actions such as seizing property or assets to protect the interests of the Crown," spokesperson Kim Thiffault said in an email to The Canadian Press.

The Canadian Transportation Agency in 2022 launched an investigation of Flair to ensure that 777 Partners was not exerting effective control of the airline, in violation of laws that require an airline be Canadian controlled. The CTA’s preliminary inquiry found that 777 Partners owned 25 per cent of Flair but held “dominant” influence as a major lender and provider of leased aircraft. Three of Flair’s five directors were tied to 777 Partners.

On 28/01/2024 at 20:16, Harry Squatter said:

What year was that mate? I’ve got plenty of friends and family in Southport and I have never once heard anything like that. It’s pretty much a mix of old lancastrians and ex pat Scousers and their offspring anyway from what I can gather