You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Top of the league

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-beat-liverpool-man-utd-26619642

Everton beat Liverpool and Man Utd for most fake shirts seized at UK ports

Premier League strugglers Everton have topped one table – for fake footie shirts.

More knock-off strips for Frank Lampard’s side were seized at UK ports than for any other team.

Figures for 2021 put relegation threatened Everton above Man Utd and Merseyside rivals Liverpool.

UK Border Force revealed 1,826 fake Everton shirts were found in 2021, 886 for Man Utd, 732 for Liverpool, 481 for Wolves and 54 for Chelsea.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Thread. 

What they appear to be trying, in terms of claiming COVID reduced the resale value of lots of the utter shite they’ve spunked fortunes on and including them as losses due to the pandemic, is perhaps the most Everton thing ever. 

Ifithadntbinfirthebatplague, Cenk Tosun would still be worth £25M. 

Yeah, okay then. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

What they appear to be trying, in terms of claiming COVID reduced the resale value of lots of the utter shite they’ve spunked fortunes on and including them as losses due to the pandemic, is perhaps the most Everton thing ever. 

Ifithadntbinfirthebatplague, Cenk Tosun would still be worth £25M. 

Yeah, okay then. 

That's pretty much what I thought flicking through the Tweets. Presumably they can point to player valuations on GOT as proof though.

• Upvote 1

Swiss Ramble

@SwissRamble

·

1h

#EFC directors’ remuneration increased from £3.5m to £4.2m with the highest paid director rising 65% from £1.2m to £2.0m. Incredibly, this was 4th highest in the Premier League, which begs the question: just how much would they be paid if they actually did a good job?

This bit made me smile, the only thing that is going up is the directors money and four corners of the new ground.

2 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Swiss Ramble

@SwissRamble

·

1h

#EFC directors’ remuneration increased from £3.5m to £4.2m with the highest paid director rising 65% from £1.2m to £2.0m. Incredibly, this was 4th highest in the Premier League, which begs the question: just how much would they be paid if they actually did a good job?

This bit made me smile, the only thing that is going up is the directors money and four corners of the new ground.

Maybe in this case Kenwright was spot on when he said other clubs ask themselves, 'what would Everton do?'

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I wonder if that Everton fan ran on in the time honoured tradition of trying to remonstrate with one of their own players about their shit performance?

Probably- although if he was armed with a child, he might have been after the West Ham players.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yesterday was the first time in ages that I've watched any of their matches. I'm a wee bit baffled by Fatty and the pundits saying that that was a much-improved performance, because it was fucking awful.

Amazingly, it was actually better than some of their recent performances, particularly the Palace and Spurs games. It is actually worthwhile watching them at the moment, they're so bad it's  hilarious.

• Upvote 1

The bottom teams are all playing each other now, every week there is a game between 2 of them. Evertons attitude of lose and hope they lose too won't cut it anymore, if they lose at Burnley they're going down.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Let's hope Everton are left High and Dry after the next couple of fixtures.

There'll be Hysteria from the blues if they are.  (Def Leppard fans will get that one). 

12 hours ago, Lee909 said:

We have lost 20 league games since August 2017,Everton have lost 17 since August 2021

This is a much better stat than that Frank Lampard one in which they deliberately skipped Liverpool's 2020/21 season to make a tenuous comparison. 

14 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm glad they left 20-21 out of that stat, although I did have to look twice!

Yeah it’s sneaky but made me chuckle nonetheless. 

13 hours ago, Lee909 said:

We have lost 20 league games since August 2017,Everton have lost 17 since August 2021

To be fair It won’t be long until the power shift is complete and our heads fall off from laughing.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Sasquatch with a modest proposal for the Local Club for Local People (who thought that Kirkby was going way too far).

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/04/04/richard-keys-moots-radical-everton-plan-to-relocate-training-ground-to-london-andy-gray-reacts/

Hairy hands with an April fool's joke 3 days too late. 

If they dont go down this season, I dont think they'll go down next season as many seem to think.

What happened the season after they nearly got relegated but for Segers alleged corruption? They didnt go down, did they? They stayed up.

If they dont go down this season, Fwankie will not last until Christmas if they do start badly. They'll make changes and it doesnt look like they'll start the season with a points deduction, either.