You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

46 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Ah, the Other Dunk. The player who spent more time jumping over cars and throwing golf balls than he did making a difference on the pitch. He was made for Everton, and Everton was made for him.

Duncan McKenzie on throwing golf balls, hurdling Minis and NOT playing for  England | Daily Mail Online

Duncan Mackenzie was a very good player but never stayed anywhere long enough to show it much. He was also very sellable so right up Everton's street. I think the only reason they held onto Latchford so long was selling the players around him to fund his wages and contract.

What I don't get, is why they backed Rafa over Digne, sold him, then sacked Rafa. It's either startling mismanagement, or Rafa was brought in to be the face accountable for Rodriguez and Digne going, getting a couple of high earners off the books. But, if that's the case, surely the payouts for firing and hiring new managerial staff will be more anyway.

26 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

What I don't get, is why they backed Rafa over Digne, sold him, then sacked Rafa. It's either startling mismanagement, or Rafa was brought in to be the face accountable for Rodriguez and Digne going, getting a couple of high earners off the books. But, if that's the case, surely the payouts for firing and hiring new managerial staff will be more anyway.

I dont get why they backed him over the dof, then got rid of him aswell.

41 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I dont get why they backed him over the dof, then got rid of him aswell.

I'd completely forgotten about that. Not sure I've ever seen a supposedly rich club run so badly, it's downright bizarre.

If they go down, I hope Netflix do a full 10 part series to rival Tiger King about their demise.

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

Richard Keys said Rafa "doesnt have a shred of decency" because he took a payoff.

I'm not going to take lectures on decency from that hairy handed cunt.

After what that cunt put his wife through? Fucking horrible hermit cunt 

11 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

A couple of my mates are Derby fans and reckon that if Everton approach Rooney the administrators will effectively force him to go as they need the money. 

There's a chance that Derby could be liquidated by the end of January. 

Not sure what Rooney's wages are but I think Derby need around £8m to make it to the end of the season. It really does look like the EFL want them to get relegated even with them making a big effort to overturn the 21 point deficit on the pitch. Going to be a big hit to the city if they fold.

13 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Not sure what Rooney's wages are but I think Derby need around £8m to make it to the end of the season. It really does look like the EFL want them to get relegated even with them making a big effort to overturn the 21 point deficit on the pitch. Going to be a big hit to the city if they fold.

Im obviously not familiar with the full reasons for the 21 point deduction beyond 'financial irregularities' but, at least the EFL take action against miscreant clubs unlike the Premier League who do fuck all.

Looking at rooney's record at Derby and it's 11 draws and 8 wins. I think 4 of those wins have been in the last 5 games? He'd obviously get the fans onside if he went to the shite, the rest, we'd have to wait and see?