You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think it's funny that every game Lucas has the most amount of passes attempted and the highest percentage completion rate, yet people still say he's shite. And they idea that they are all sideways 2 yard passes is nonsense and people claiming otherwise are simply lying to try and prove an invalid point.

Lucas has become the barometer for peoples understanding of football. If you can’t appreciate what Lucas does, then you simply don’t know the game as well as you think. I’m not saying Lucas is world class as he quite simply isn’t, but I’ll guarantee you that if we announced that he was up for sale, we’d be inundated with offers as other managers, and other players rate the kid. In the long term I’d like Lucas to become a squad player for us as I want Liverpool to be challenging Barca at the very top, and Lucas is not a midfielder of that stature, but he is certainly good enough to be in a team that could finish top 4, and so would be an important squad player and a dependable midfielder in case of injury.

Oh dear, thats a load of nonsense mate.

I dont think I have ever seen a team playing and found myself thinking, they need a player like Lucas to complete them, but now its gone so far that if you dont appreciate Lucas your understanding of the game is limited.

I`ve not had the best of days after a tough weekend but this made me laugh.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think I have ever seen a team playing and found myself thinking, they need a player like Lucas to complete them, but now its gone so far that if you dont appreciate Lucas your understanding of the game is limited.

Had a bad day so here you come to have a go at our players to make yourself fell better. No doubt you'll neg me yet again, but please let it be for something more than 'having dirk in my username' this time. Ya pathetic cunt.

Had a bad day so here you come to have a go at our players to make yourself fell better. No doubt you'll neg me yet again, but please let it be for something more than 'having dirk in my username' this time. Ya pathetic cunt.

If I have ever negged you it was probably well deserved, going by your post here.

You did not really understand my post did you, not surprised though?

Seen this on Tony Barrett's twitter:

The full Lucas Leiva passing breakdown Vs MUFC:

Forward: 71%

Backwards: 7%

Left Pass: 4%

Right Pass: 18%

Well those are Code levels of subjective analysis. At what angle does a right or left pass become a forward pass?

He is really quick in the pass and has a good range of passing. Gets the ball quickly from the defense and accurately plays it forward, retaining possession. Pretty decent tackler too and constantly breaks up opposition play.

Also, he's pretty robust too. He has taken some hefty challenges and always gets up and dusts himself off.

What's not to like?

He does the unglamorous jobs. By not making mazy runs, scoring or big crunching tackles, it's easy not to notice all the good work he does. I like him and I'd be sad to see him go.

You reckon Barcelona should jib off Busquets for someone like Fabregas or does Busquets compliment what they have better?

You make him sound inconsistent which is one thing he most definitely isn't IMO. I honestly can't remember a "terrible" performance in the last year.

He's not consistently playing like he did against Chelsea and United. He might regularly be getting 7/10 but to play for us as a first teamer, and not just a squad player, he needs to be more consistently hitting eights and nines and needs to drop the sixes that are here and there.

The fact he can pull United and Chelsea performances out gives me hope that he could still be a very decent player for us and could keep getting better.

You reckon Barcelona should jib off Busquets for someone like Fabregas or does Busquets compliment what they have better?

Busquets is a superb defensive midfielder he also adds far more to the team going forward, the fact he is 10 cm taller is also a big advantage.

But why am I even answering this post, you do realise you just compared Lucas to Busquets?

Madness I tell you.

Busquets is a superb defensive midfielder he also adds far more to the team going forward, the fact he is 10 cm taller is also a big advantage.

But why am I even answering this post, you do realise you just compared Lucas to Busquets?

Madness I tell you.

I never compared the two at all. You stated that you've never thought a team needs a player like Lucas. Given the role he plays for us and the role Busquets generally plays for Barcelona he is like him.

Roles in the side are being compared rather than ability on show.

Your first post doesn't equal your second. Unless of course you actually meant that you've never thought a team needs Lucas.

Madness I tell you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcuyRxrWsc5erxgHnFN8KkzgGasnfGpX3L29-NpUvpusvMVwR5:wallbutt:

He's not consistently playing like he did against Chelsea and United. He might regularly be getting 7/10 but to play for us as a first teamer, and not just a squad player, he needs to be more consistently hitting eights and nines and needs to drop the sixes that are here and there.

The fact he can pull United and Chelsea performances out gives me hope that he could still be a very decent player for us and could keep getting better.

Kind of like Carragher then. Great when we're in a contest but doesn't add enough otherwise. I can see that.

If he can add back what he had at Gremio and regain the swagger it could happen. That's going to require a lot more trust among those around him though and I don't think that's the case yet. Although I see the tide turning. Carragher is not ignoring Lucas anymore and Lucas most definitely ignored Gerrard a couple of times recently. We shall see.

I never compared the two at all. You stated that you've never thought a team needs a player like Lucas. Given the role he plays for us and the role Busquets generally plays for Barcelona he is like him.

Roles in the side are being compared rather than ability on show.

Your first post doesn't equal your second. Unless of course you actually meant that you've never thought a team needs Lucas.

Lucas is nothing like Busquets, the latter is a great defensive midfielder who also adds to the attacking game.

Lucas is the synonym of a nothing player, not good defensively and not good in the attacking part of the game, if he played for West Brom half the forum would have no idea who he was.

Lucas is nothing like Busquets, the latter is a great defensive midfielder who also adds to the attacking game.

Lucas is the synonym of a nothing player, not good defensively and not good in the attacking part of the game, if he played for West Brom half the forum would have no idea who he was.

I really, really don't know how to explain that it isn't a comparison of player but of roles. If you think the roles are different then that's your own issue.

You can repeat ad nauseam about how he's better defensively and adds more going forward and even that he's taller but none of that defines the roles they play, does it?

Yeah, if I said I wouldn't swap players I'd be comparing them but I never. You need to reread your own original comment and mine since to actually get what am talking about here.

Busquets just at fault for Arsenals goal. Poor defending on a corner.

Haven't seen Lucas making such a mistake during his time at Liverpool.

Just saying.

Taller maybe, but Lucas has great timing in the air and rarely is beaten there in midfield.