You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

anyone else feel it?

WaltonRed

It was just absoutely fucking ace to see him first in the dugout with his long coat on and then giving the post match interview.

I'm made up he's back and I love the sight of him. As others have said, I feel just like a Liverpool fan again and that the decisions made behind the seems will be made for the right reasons.

In an ideal world, we sign two good first teamers this window, we finish top 6, have a good pop at the UEFA Cup, I'd love to see Kenny lift a European trophy and then the club have the decision to make in the Summer. If Kenny can get us top 6, win the Uefa pot and has the hunger and desire for more, then we will be in a decent position come June to really start looking to the future again.

I have been a lurker here a good few years before I became a member and have never felt the need to post and maybe never will again.

Yes absolutely I have had a smile on my face since the announcement was made. Seeing the king come out of the tunnel at OT brought some pride back to me and seeing him in the dug out against the BS at the weekend will be fantastic.

I didn't notice us hoofing the ball as much either, even when down to 10 although could have just been me. I really hope we are passing and moving like the LFC of old once the derby comes around.

To see his little comments and grin at the journos made me feel we have a proper man who understands the clubs traditions and the fans in the top spot again.

I would love him to stay on in some sport of capacity if we get a younger manager in some sort of advisory roll to help the new guy understand what we aspire to be about and help take the pressure of the press/sky off him - kinda of an Uncle Kenny roll - (I want Kenny to be my too uncle dammit).

Whatever happens with the king in charge, I personally really want him to win the UEFA since he never got to manage us in Europe. I now feel we are moving in a positive direction.

• Upvote 1

I have not felt this good about our football club in bloody years!!!! Why do I feel as though we could be about to turn and become Liverpool football club again.

All it took was for Kenny to come back and Clarke be appointed and I feel frigon good!!! :biggrin:

Quality lurking and a great first, and maybe, but hopefully not only post, i5X.

Along with the feelings and sights of yesterday, to read this from King Kenny, tells me that proper order has been restored.

As great as the effort and commitment was great today, the football club isn’t in the habit of losing games.

"Even down to 10 men at Manchester United, and having lost the game to a diabolical penalty kick, we can’t accept that and we won’t accept that.”

It feels brilliant to love the manager.

I hated hating the last one.

Aye

However, being realistic, Kenny has a lot to prove this time around. He needs to prove he can motivate a bunch of players without any shred of confidence left and generally prove he is still a good manager.

We are all happy right now with his return, elated of course.

Anyone else notice slur coming out and waving to his fans? Never seen him do that before, bit unnerved?

Definitely, noticed that too. He probably felt better after the game, but if we start sorting ourselves out now and FSG back us properly, we'll probably have the last laugh. He's probably dreading the Anfield PL match already.

Guest davelfc
Aye

However, being realistic, Kenny has a lot to prove this time around. He needs to prove he can motivate a bunch of players without any shred of confidence left and generally prove he is still a good manager.

We are all happy right now with his return, elated of course.

I think the double challenge you mention will suit Kenny down to the ground. We have already started to see him build up players confidence and that's just a day into the job. The real work started today of course at Melwood.

I don't want to go on about the previous manager but almost anyone could have done better, Kenny isn't almost anyone, he's just brilliant and I'm not for one second worried about the confidence of the players.

I can't wait until Sunday, if the atmosphere doesn't boost our players then nothing ever will. The club has it's buzz back again, it's as if we've gone from black and white to full colour.

He has a tough task wiping out much of the negativity in the squads tactics but I feel players respond well when they respect the manager, when they're playing to win and they feel confident.

I think the double challenge you mention will suit Kenny down to the ground. We have already started to see him build up players confidence and that's just a day into the job. The real work started today of course at Melwood.

I don't want to go on about the previous manager but almost anyone could have done better, Kenny isn't almost anyone, he's just brilliant and I'm not for one second worried about the confidence of the players.

I can't wait until Sunday, if the atmosphere doesn't boost our players then nothing ever will. The club has it's buzz back again, it's as if we've gone from black and white to full colour.

He has a tough task wiping out much of the negativity in the squads tactics but I feel players respond well when they respect the manager, when they're playing to win and they feel confident.

I'm confident too. Not even quietly, very confident Kenny can do that.

At least for a few months, Kenny can really stamp his authority on the selection, subs during a game etc. For example, yesterday, he took Torres off when we needed a goal. Granted Torres didn't do much in the game (although Kenny said he ran himself to the ground, I don't agree with that but then no manager will be critical about any player openly) but had Roy or Rafa had done that, they would have been nailed to the cross. Kenny won't be, at least in the short term. It gives him the freedom he needs to unite the team, sort out their confidences without having to worry about sections of the fans.

It was a bit of a downer just now reading the Rory Smith article which suggests that he's gone in May regardless of how well we've done. I would like to think that the owners are willing to shuffle their own plans somewhat if we're on a steady track - Maybe bringing in a coach of Steve Clarke's calibre is a subtle indication of that, I hope so.

It was a bit of a downer just now reading the Rory Smith article which suggests that he's gone in May regardless of how well we've done. I would like to think that the owners are willing to shuffle their own plans somewhat if we're on a steady track - Maybe bringing in a coach of Steve Clarke's calibre is a subtle indication of that, I hope so.

They've put themselves in a bind now, we all know they had to do something about Woy but if Kenny does well over the course of the remainder then they have made a massive rod for their own back as alot of fans won't want to see him go. Me included.

Regarding ‘doing away with negativity’, here’s what Kenny said to the local press after the match:

After the game, the 59-year-old told the ECHO: “As great as the effort and commitment was great today, the football club isn’t in the habit of losing games.

“Even down to 10 men at Manchester United, and having lost the game to a diabolical penalty kick, we can’t accept that and we won’t accept that.”

Dalglish’s words will be welcomed by Reds fans who believed expectations were being altered under Roy Hodgson’s troubled reign.

Doesn’t it make a change from,

“To get a result here would have been Utopia. But I can only analyse the performance. There is no point trying to analyse dreams.”

(Hodgson after the Everton defeat)

Guest ian garro
Regarding ‘doing away with negativity’, here’s what Kenny said to the local press after the match:

After the game, the 59-year-old told the ECHO: “As great as the effort and commitment was great today, the football club isn’t in the habit of losing games.

“Even down to 10 men at Manchester United, and having lost the game to a diabolical penalty kick, we can’t accept that and we won’t accept that.”

Dalglish’s words will be welcomed by Reds fans who believed expectations were being altered under Roy Hodgson’s troubled reign.

Doesn’t it make a change from,

“To get a result here would have been Utopia. But I can only analyse the performance. There is no point trying to analyse dreams.”

(Hodgson after the Everton defeat)

And there you have it. In a nutshell.

What a breath of fresh air from KK.

The pride in the club, the defiance in the face of a sworn enemy and a bent referee. Not being afraid to call that decision for what it was, whatever the repercussions.

In a nutshell - LEADERSHIP. Something that has been sadly lacking around the place for far too long. Still a lot of sorting out to do in terms of playing personnel. But for the first time this season, I'm not worried about what embarrassment or humiliation the next match might bring.

I have been a lurker here a good few years before I became a member and have never felt the need to post and maybe never will again.

Yes absolutely I have had a smile on my face since the announcement was made. Seeing the king come out of the tunnel at OT brought some pride back to me and seeing him in the dug out against the BS at the weekend will be fantastic.

I didn't notice us hoofing the ball as much either, even when down to 10 although could have just been me. I really hope we are passing and moving like the LFC of old once the derby comes around.

To see his little comments and grin at the journos made me feel we have a proper man who understands the clubs traditions and the fans in the top spot again.

I would love him to stay on in some sport of capacity if we get a younger manager in some sort of advisory roll to help the new guy understand what we aspire to be about and help take the pressure of the press/sky off him - kinda of an Uncle Kenny roll - (I want Kenny to be my too uncle dammit).

Whatever happens with the king in charge, I personally really want him to win the UEFA since he never got to manage us in Europe. I now feel we are moving in a positive direction.

Excellent first post.