You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the boy
The Munich chants, ripping up seats and wrecking the toilets takes us back to the bad old days.

No it doesn't. When you can walk across the concourse outside Old Trafford in colours without so much as a mild reaction, you know you're a far cry from the 'old days'.

Its the mancs - its the way of the universe. As it always has been. As I say, today was extremely mild before and after the game. But for those who weigh heavy with the morality of the situation - count it lucky that we never drew the fate of meeting these in Istanbul, Athens or Moscow.

Why is it that when they do the Hillsborough choking signs they never get a picture taken

Strange the way the press or TV never show their disgraceful behaviour but linger for 30 seconds on one of our bellends.

Anyone would think there's an anti Liverpool, Pro Manc agenda or something.

Guest The Chimp

They're utterly classless cunts. I truly despise everything about them. I'm certainly not going to have a pop at lads who've gone to Old Trafford and put up with the vile shite that the Mancs come up with and have lost their heads and have gone back at them. For a long time, Liverpool supporters refused to be baited by these and yet they still carried on with their 96 isn't enough, murderers, suffocating and wall gestures. Don't get me wrong I'm never going to condone Munich chants but there's no sympathy whatsoever from me for fans that seemingly revel in their hard-done-to/nasty Scousers/butter wouldn't melt persona. These, let's not forget, are the same vermin who along with all the shit when we actually play them have players who also sang without killing anyone after winning a European Cup. Also, at every game there's anti-Scouse stuff - EVERY game - and then they fucking whinge when they get a bit back? Fuck them. No, really. Fuck them.

The thing is though. They genuinly think that the "Without killing anyone, we won it 3 times" chant is just good footy banter. Sure their own players were singing it on the pitch in Moscow. They have no fucking idea.

That lad, and the others doing it are fucking classless scum. They probably weren't even born when Hillsborough happened and so have no idea and they should be named and shamed. However, even if we as the away fans have to do it. Cameras need to be brought to the next away game and OT with lots of photos taken of then squashing their faces, etc, so we can show it's dickheads at both clubs. The press will never dare refer to UTD fans doing shite like this, so we need to defend ourselves.

They sing about Hillsborough, it is a fact, I have stood next to them for the past three seasons, and witnessed it first hand.

Rather than saying two wrongs dont make a right, a more apt description is that nobody has the moral high ground.

Yet one group seems to assume that they do!

Guest The Chimp
They sing about Hillsborough, it is a fact, I have stood next to them for the past three seasons, and witnessed it first hand.

Rather than saying two wrongs dont make a right, a more apt description is that nobody has the moral high ground.

Everything spot on there. They had the chance to take the higher ground after Hillsborough but didn't. Simple as. They're like the shithouse kid who keeps kicking you under the desk to try and provole you and when you kick back, starts crying and runs off to tell the teacher.

What kind of fanbase - a great majority, I'm mentioning - tries for 80 minutes to provoke the opposition to sing about their greatest disaster and celebrates with euphoria when they, lamentably, give in.

Considering the enormity of the game, what got me most that so many fans responded to us going a goal down, or even coming onto the pitch at first with airplane gestures rather than songs to back our team. The throwing seats was beyond belief, one feller got hit by one on the upper tier and had blood gushing out his head. Two sinks were trashed in the upper tier toilets too, causing one to be closed before kick off, these lads are drinking ale then go and put the toilets out of action, clueless. I dont really give shit that United fans sing songs mocking Hillsborough or it goes unnoticed, the point is that doesnt justify what our fans do.

Guest The Chimp

Yep saw that, and another time a lad was doing the arms out/airplane thing. Thought about that myself, but than again if you've done it there's not much to defend there. The galling thing is there was no incidents put on display of them - and again let's be honest here, it happens that much at that shithole if you wanted to look for examples it wouldn't have been too difficult.

Guest The Chimp
What kind of fanbase - a great majority, I'm mentioning - tries for 80 minutes to provoke the opposition to sing about their greatest disaster and celebrates with euphoria when they, lamentably, give in.

One which is comprised almost exclusively of in-bred shithouses?

You read through this thread and the generalisations are there and the descriptive language used is appalling. It's simple to say it's the majority of them, it's not. It's like them saying the same about us, are we all classless cunt's, vermin, scum? No we're fucking not, do we take offence, yes we do and so the cycle continues.

It's a game of footie, those of you that want a return to that atmosphere and hooliganism, jog on. I was never allowed to a game as a kid and only got to my first one when i was 16, as funnily enough as things had started to settle on a massive scale, certain games were always on a banned list and mancs was one of them. So admittedly i can only go by those mancs i'm mates with, fucking decent lads IMO.

I love the way i can banter and have a laugh with people from all clubs without stopping to judge that they're all cunts because of who they support and i should have nothing to do with them. No, i treat people with respect and make my own opinion, the same way i judge most people, by their own individual actions and not by the behaviour of those stood next to them. We back the behaviour of those today because they're one of our own? I don't fucking think so. As said before both need to get their houses in order but by giving people an 'it's acceptable because they did that' line, you're indirectly condoning it.

Those who behave in such a way on both sides are a disgrace to both clubs.

Guest The Chimp

I don't think anyone condones smashing stuff up or chanting shite or doing the actions Steve. Personally, however, I can see why some would retaliate given the mass provocation. Again that's not to say I agree with it, but simply that I can understand that in the heat of the moment, when you lose your head, you might say or do something in response that ordinarily you wouldn't do.

I don't think anyone condones smashing stuff up or chanting shite or doing the actions Steve. Personally, however, I can see why some would retaliate given the mass provocation. Again that's not to say I agree with it, but simply that I can understand that in the heat of the moment, when you lose your head, you might say or do something in response that ordinarily you wouldn't do.

Exactly, it isn't condoning the actions, it is recognising that we have fans who a.instigate such behaviour and b. fans who react.

And, sorry, but am I not supposed to point out the actions of those hypocritically pointing the finger!

They are by far the worst for this behaviour, and I have read little or no criticism of the behaviour. That is primarily why some of us are defensive, we have seen and witnessed that shite and how widespread it is, and yet only read about our actions.

And by the worst, I mean in regards to Hillsborough chanting, no other club does this, they do.

Guest The Chimp

Melons I've not been there for years given I'm over here, but honestly it was never small pockets of their fans that sang Hillsborough-related stuff at Old Trafford, it was pretty much a full ground including women and youngsters. No-ones calling for a return to hooliganism as far as I can see. And fans revelling in the deaths of other fans, half of whom were under twenty-one and barely kids, to simply score points, are vermin, absolutely so.

Melons I've not been there for years given I'm over here, but honestly it was never small pockets of their fans that sang Hillsborough-related stuff at Old Trafford, it was pretty much a full ground including women and youngsters. No-ones calling for a return to hooliganism as far as I can see. And fans revelling in the deaths of other fans, half of whom were under twenty-one and barely kids, to simply score points, are vermin, absolutely so.

Senior Manchester United players were seen doing precisely that in Moscow in front of about 400 million people to absolutely no media comment.

But that's the point, it's not just one or two because no one taps the next one on the shoulder to say have a word with yourself? Just because some of their fans think it's acceptable doesn't mean they all do, the same way we are with the behaviour of our own. The point is, again as said earlier, nothing gets done. I think 16 people got arrested for criminal damage yesterday, 16 out of 9000 and those are the people who are going to be reflected on the club. They need punishing, not just by the legal system as no doubt the lads are 'proper scouse lids' and a criminal charge won't mean much, but the club to say, fuck off, we don't want you're type of behaviour anywhere near us.

Edit, I go to the game with my kids on the most part, i don't like the idea of them being anywhere near such knobs, so maybe i'm talking with my mum hat on more so then my red, as I'm a mum first and foremost. People need to take a look at their behaviour and ask themselves if it's really acceptable, even in the face of provocation.

Guest The Chimp

I've said on this thread that you simply can't condone that shit. That's not to say I am completely clueless as to what would make someone react.

It's more than some Melons. If it was simply "some" the good lads would drown it out. Munich chants have been shouted down at Anfield and I guarantee you didn't hear the whole away support singing Munich anything like this here:

[YOUTUBE]A5fKKvAbz-o[/YOUTUBE]

You're not scum if you support Manchester United, you are scum if you indulge in the likes of that above and the gestures we've all seen. Where we disagree is that you think it's related to only a small minority whereas I think it's endemic in their support. If their own players sing this stuff then I honestly don't know how much more steeped in this sort of stuff the club could become.

And being a good mum, and talking sense about some lads being knob-heads is something to be respected. Again, I'd hope most of the lads who reacted yestreday would know that they've let themselves down but how many times can you have someone winding you up without cracking?

Down with this sort of thing!

Whatever next?

Before you know it people will be saying there are sectarian undertones at a Rangers Celtic match or that Boca and River Plate don't actually see eye to eye on a number of issues.

A few points to make about it:

The (very predictable) one-sided reporting of the whole issue is irresponsible and helps perpetuate the problem. Unfortunately Her Majesty's Press Corps has a fair bit of previous with our Club and our City on a number of issues over a long number of years and I don't see it changing anytime soon. They need an angle into it and unfortunately their modus operandi is "its them nasty scousers again."

Getting the clubs involved has been tried before - in the mid-eighties - and will not change anything.

If the atmosphere at a Liverpool United game upsets your sensibilities then give it a swerve because - again - it isn't changing anytime soon.