You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Cole

charlie 7

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was not rated by mourinho and anchelotti and you think they got it wrong?

As far as I am aware, they both rated him.

Ancelotti wanted to keep him and Mourinho actually kept him so I am not sure what you mean if I am honest.

Unless you know something I don't.

And not that I actually care of course.

Joe Cole is anything but a workshy mercianary. Heard a few things about him from someone working in the Hilton, which is where Cole was living with his family for the few weeks after moving up here. He was very excited and enthusiastic about Liverpool, and he was happy to walk around town, sign as many autographs and pose for as many pictures as he was asked for. He's struggled through his suspension and injury, and also because, despite the manager saying otherwise when he signed, he's not been played in his favoured central role. He isn't a left midfielder.

He's a good player who is clearly feeling weighed down by his own expectation. Like Aquilani before him, he'll struggle when we sit deep and let players press us but if we press high and play a short passing style (as we should) he'll be much better. Needs a good run before he can settle though and that seems a long way away considering how we're currently setting up.

Taking that free kick off of Patches and then asking for it to be rolled from that position did not impress though...

Just wondering why so many think pacheo is the answer,i just think if he was that good he would be in the team ,ie if your good enough even at his age.Take scum bag owen for instance

How have we been shafted though?

We pay him tonnes of cash and he doesn't do much? Pretty much the definition of shafted.

Hopefully he'll come good, though.

As far as I am aware, they both rated him.

Ancelotti wanted to keep him and Mourinho actually kept him so I am not sure what you mean if I am honest.

Unless you know something I don't.

And not that I actually care of course.

So did Wenger...but not enough for a four year contract @£95 k a week.

The three game suspension, niggling injuries and being played out on the left (in a new and badly underpeforming team) haven't done him any favours.

Bit early to be writing him off.

He really isnt and never will been good enough to play number 10 position in a top team.

Excuses that are appropriate:

-Defensive hoofball being played

-Crap manager

-Crap tactics

-Injuries

-Trying to hard

Guest San Don

Dont think Cole has been given a fair crack of the whip by the manager. Played out of position, played in mainly 'weakened' Liverpool teams.

I see the manager is now publically saying Cole's form isnt good enough, same as he did with Johnson.

Shame he doesnt say the same fucking thing about his own (managerial) performances. Poor workman and his tools, Roy!

Joe Cole is anything but a workshy mercianary. Heard a few things about him from someone working in the Hilton, which is where Cole was living with his family for the few weeks after moving up here. He was very excited and enthusiastic about Liverpool, and he was happy to walk around town, sign as many autographs and pose for as many pictures as he was asked for. He's struggled through his suspension and injury, and also because, despite the manager saying otherwise when he signed, he's not been played in his favoured central role. He isn't a left midfielder.

Reading that actually makes me feel a bit of sympathy for Joe.

Always thought he came across as an alright lad.

Edit: Just remembered he does get paid 90,000 odd grand a week. On seconds thought I don't feel that sorry for him.