You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson: Johnson has not performed

Original202

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have swore the media where saying he was getting sacked a couple of weeks back.

I didn't notice that. Seen a few twitter posts saying some players weren't happy and that's it.

I seen loads of articles by Barclay, Winter, Holt etc saying he has be given time and it's the last manager's fault that Hodgson is a crap Liverpool manager.

I could have swore the media where saying he was getting sacked a couple of weeks back.

To be honest I think that had more to do with the takeover rather than anything Hodgson had said or done.

I don't think it would have mattered who was manager those stories would have run.

You seriously need to sort your head out.

He telling a player to get his head together because to be fair, he's been shite.

18 Million pound shite. That's how shit he's been.

So if John Henry comes out and says something along the lines of "LMA manager of the year, well he needs to start managing like one, he's been a massive letdown with terrible defeats at home to blackpool, at the pit in the derby, he has the team playing shitty, static defensive football. He really needs to prove to us he is LMA manager of the year standard."

Would that be ok?? What happened to all the shite about keeping all this shit internal now the yank cunts have gone?? Roy needs to be told to wind his fucking neck in as regards criticising Liverpool players in the press, he can leave that to his mate up the m62. Why is it thta the last manager had Purslow sat in at every fucking press conference, yet this utter gobshite is allowed to spew forth his inane footballing insights with impunity?

Well if it's from the mail it must be true. I'm pretty sure they also said Glen Johnson causes cancer.

Never fails to amaze me how willing some people are to believe whatever spurious shite is posted about people they dislike, yet when it's about people they like they unleash torrents of abuse at the person who wrote the article.

Hes on a huge wage and playing shite with Martin Kelly beginning to stake a claim for the right back spot.

Have a funny feeling this could be the opening salvo in a series of moves to get him out.

We actually could sort this out by playng him at right wing because we're playing so deep it'd almost be the same as playing right back anyway.

Only the best manager in the world can... Johnson is exponentially better at his job than the manager at his. A sad situation.

Well arguably "the best manager in the world" Mourinho did have him at Chelsea and shipped him out so.

He saw through Johnsons weaknesses not long after joining Chelsea.

Well the best manager in the world Mourinho did have him at Chelsea and shipped him out so.

That was his right and choice. However, that particular best manager in the world also made his name by specializing in never criticizing his own players in public. On the contrary, his players were always the best in the world, and he created a team spirit both at Chelsea and Inter that lifted the teams well beyond their capabilities, Inter's win against Barcelona being one of the bigger wonders in football lately. Players that did not fit in with his philosophy were shipped out rather quietly.

I don't think anyone can seriously suggest Johnson's attitude and performances have been up to scratch. Anywhere near it. He played in plenty of flat back fours in his career, and has shown he could make a success of it. It's not all Hodgson's fault Johnson is not performing. I believe this is the final straw for Johnson. There will have been plenty of one-on-one chats before this.

Didn't the Spesh once criticise Joe Cole after scoring a winner against us?

We actually could sort this out by playng him at right wing because we're playing so deep it'd almost be the same as playing right back anyway.

I wonder if he's ever been asked to?

You know what these feckers are like about their England spot, he's got absolutely no competition for that otherwise he'd have lost it long ago.

He won't knock Lennon out of his.

Didn't the Spesh once criticise Joe Cole after scoring a winner against us?

I wonder if he's ever been asked to?

You know what these feckers are like about their England spot, he's got absolutely no competition for that otherwise he'd have lost it long ago.

He won't knock Lennon out of his.

As you say the England spot in probably priority number 1 for him but the way things are going Kelly will be ahead of him in the pecking order at this club and if he doesn't play regularly he'll eventually be shifted from the England set up.

I doubt Johnson will ever be good enough defensively. We should either use him further forward or ship him out and bring in someone better. Kelly can play there of course but I think his long-term future could be at centre half. He deserves to play ahead of Johnson right now though.