You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

JP Morgan & Deutsche Bank

kredda

Spotter's badge.

Quite the opposite - Citi & Deutsche Bank are the fund managers for Hicks Acquisition Company II (what a fucking B-movie of a company name that is - what's next, Bride of Hicks Acquisition Company?) which is a blank cheque investment company registered in Delaware, created by Hicks for the purpose of raising $200m in funds which would be used to take over or partially acquire as-yet unspecified businesses. The profile of the target businesses mentioned in the company filings included several attributes which Hicks has previously used to describe LFC.

Hicks, Citi, DB and Blackstone are all old friends. Here's a press release from February 2008 reporting a Hicks Acquisition Company I deal in which Hicks was advised by Citi and the other party was advised by Blackstone and DB.

Press Releases

The same firms are always going to crop up in these kind of deals, there's only so many players at that end of the market. I wonder which one of those law firms Lionel Hutz works for?

Just did a bit of digging there and the first SPAC ended up buying a company called Resolute Natural Resources which the shareholders and warrant holders voted through. I don't know if that was because he couldn't raise the $3.2bn needed to buy Graham Packaging but it seems to be doing pretty well unfortunately.

Mergers & Acquisitions

Stumbled across what seems like another lie. He said recently when referring to his sports teams: "this was never going to be a dynastic asset". In his offer document to the Liverpool shareholders in 2007 he said “the families’ ownership of the club will be a multi-generational family commitment”. Just another one to add to the collection.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on 4Chan once and I was scared. Imagine a combo of Alan Sex, Kevplest, Melchett and Tom. That is the average 4Chan user...

I know you weren't advocating it Lewis but it's been mentioned a few times in a few threads now so this is worth saying:

Don't even think of posting this up on 4chan. Ill-advised doesn't even come close to it, any request to get involved will almost certainly be met with cries of NYPA (not your personal army) and unless the place has changed drastically you'll be just as likely to get this place, the Kop Faithful website and anywhere else remotely connected to LFC spammed to fucking death. Srsly, don't do it.

srsly_u_guys.jpg

Anyway, I've sent this lot an individually crafted e-mail for a change explaining our position. I won't post the whole thing up because it will only confuse things but this is the first paragraph:

Earlier today a concerned member of the public posted a photograph on the social networking site Twitter. It showed Tom Hicks, co-owner of Liverpool Football Club loitering outside your business premises with his charming and erudite son Tom Jr. You may recall that Tom Jr once demonstrated his near-legendary business acumen by being forced to resign from the Liverpool FC board after replying to a concerned fan's e-mail with the immortal phrase "Blow me f*ck face. Go to hell. I'm sick of you," inadvertently echoing a sentiment that most Liverpool fans would direct at his father.

I need something to smile about these days.

Done - Sent to Both from my email addresses - Hope they get through for once.

On another point;

Why not Send the photo To Hicks and his Hellspawn son directly via Email? Accompanied by an email along the lines of "Wherever You go Tom? LFC Fans will Always find you - We're onto you now and we Will make your life HELL" or "We're watching you and now it's YOUR turn to suffer - Try and Refinance and see what happens" or "Remember GSO Blackstone? That was just the beginning - No-one will help you now and it's All because of US." maybe something similar? Crush HIS spirit never mind through accumulated damage but by this form of Direct Attack on Him - Grind him down, let him know we're onto him and WILL beat him if we have to dismantle him a piece at a time. Basically? Let him become paranoid - Let him THINK he has ten thousand Liverpool eyes watching his Every move and blocking it As he makes it - Nothing could drive a man mad more quickly than something like That happening with his every action.

Or maybe we could get the photo published in national UK and US media with an accompanying article that ridicules him still further?

Just idea no? But Anything that damages/deteriorates his reputation still further - Warns Financial Institutions to steer Well clear in advance of him calling and grinds Him in person down in spirit to make him WANT to go? Can't be bad for Liverpool FC can it? Let's hope he FINALLY gets the message soon............

NB Is it me or does he look like a busker/beggar in that photo with his son not far behind in the 'dishevelled' appearance stakes? Maybe We mean more to him than first thought - Is it possible that When he loses us? (I doubt with This momentum it's now a question of IF - He WILL go now - It's but a question of when) It might even impact on his own Personal circumstances/lifestyle - maybe he'll lose his home if Liverpool CAN'T be secured against his debts or his lifestyle/manner of living will be severely impacted somehow (lost home as suggested? Lost car maybe? Heavy Personal Financial Penalties?) God, I hope so - The MORE damage we do to Him personally? The better - It's the LEAST he deserves after what he's done to us and couldn't happen to a better (or bigger) target...................

Edited by Redshadow

I know you weren't advocating it Lewis but it's been mentioned a few times in a few threads now so this is worth saying:

Don't even think of posting this up on 4chan. Ill-advised doesn't even come close to it, any request to get involved will almost certainly be met with cries of NYPA (not your personal army) and unless the place has changed drastically you'll be just as likely to get this place, the Kop Faithful website and anywhere else remotely connected to LFC spammed to fucking death. Srsly, don't do it.

srsly_u_guys.jpg

Anyway, I've sent this lot an individually crafted e-mail for a change explaining our position. I won't post the whole thing up because it will only confuse things but this is the first paragraph:

I need something to smile about these days.

I don't need telling twice. Unless we can find proof that Hicks threw dogs in a river at least...

From RAWK

Quote from: vaqqa on Today at 12:57:47 AM

Saw the picture on twitter about ten minutes after it was posted. I'm located in NYC so I printed out the Not Welcome Anywhere poster and headed there (was quite a trip, I'm a yank but new to NYC so the subway isn't all that familiar to me). Somehow I ended up there and waited outside the bank. Was kinda hoping to see another supporter there but I think a lot of NY Reds heard it too late. Hicks and his son left the building at around 630 PM our time (1130 by you guys I think) and I attempted to approach them with the poster. But some f*in cop that I didnt notice started shouting 'STOP, DONT THINK ABOUT IT, NOT NOW (confused about why he said that) KEEP MOVING!'. He mustve been watching me for a while. I wouldve kept going but being new to the city and the fact that NYC cops are bastards of the highest order I didn't get any closer. And I also couldn't believe that the root of most of my current anger was within 50 feet of me. I yelled 'get out of our club' and showed them my scarf. They definitely heard me, hope it pissed them off a little. They mustve alerted the police after the original picture of them was taken. Don't know how effective this whole ordeal was but like someone said it just makes them more aware of how hated they are.

Keep those emails coming people, YNWA.

Thanks for the support guys, I just want to help in any way. They were within 20 feet of the cop and he was yelling pretty loud and they looked at me so they heard him. They didn't seem too pleased, and it might be worth noting that they didn't seem happy leaving the building in the first place Maybe they were rejected flat out.

I'll be contacting the New York LFC Supporters Club to see if there's any way we can get more numbers out there sometime. Theres a bar nearby that serves as their HQ and when we played Birmingham there were at least 100 people in there and they made announcements about letter writing sessions against Tom and George and about opening a NY SOS branch, so we have some real commitment here. If 25 people showed up in front of DB it would be great. And if Hicks wasn't rejected I'm sure him and DB will be meeting up again, hopefully at the same venue. I'll see what can be done on that front. Let's keep up the pressure guys, YNWA

Once again, great work by the US reds. Not even safe in your own back yard you cunt.