You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

Guest TK-421
Unless we are... ...er... ...lowering expectations?

Noooo, you don't think that's happening do you? I can't believe something like that would happen, not with Roy Hodgson on the way. You must be mistaken, mate.

A true fucking disgrace of an appointment form a true disgrace of a fucking football club.

The most fucking dismal and horrendous managerial appointment in the history of Liverpool Football Club

BTW Welcome Roy, You have my full support as its not your faut the club gave you the job. I hope you prove the doubter wrong but I doubt it

Good Luck Roy

Now I have to change my fucking signature

A true fucking disgrace of an appointment e

don't be such a drama queen. In any other league than the Premiership, what Roy has done ast Fulham will have got him a job at a top 4/5 club. Why should it be different here???

Guardiola had fuck all expereince. Pellegrini got the Madrid job. Both far bigger appointments than the LFC job. Who have Juve and Milan just appouinted as their managers????? Case fucking closed.

Hodgson has come to Liverpool knowing full well the circumstances and situation yet unlike many other potential managers he knows just what an accolade it is to manage this still great club

I must say I am terribly disappointed with this appointment, but as others had said, could have been a hell of a lot worse. He'll have to earn my respect though (little bother to him though), but until then, it will be more me not opposing him (not being unfairly critical, not undermining achievements), than me being openly supportive (strongly argue his case). Sill, i'll cheer for the team, and that includes the manager

There may have been people saying 'fuck off', but few were calling him names personally. Like cunt, fat English waiter, etc. Unless you count Owl.

I called him a 'stupid arl cunt' in the thread that I started saying 'Fuck Off Hodgson'. But then again, the loveable old owl had fuck all to do with our club at the time, so, tough titties.

Anyhow, I'm joining the Owl Preservation Society.

roy-hodgson.jpg

[YOUTUBE]OnlTrq6wLf0[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe they have, maybe they haven't time will tell.

All this one bad season mantra though.....

04-05. Istanbul. exceeded all expectations after a dreadful league season. Exceeded expectations and then some for what we had in August 04.

05-06. Excellent season. My favourite under Rafa by a mile, real progress made FA Cup win and 82 points, good football and the record breaking 11 clean sheet run was unbelieveable. Exceeded expectations again.

06-07. Moderate season. Finished 3rd which is where you would have expected us to finish really so we met expectations. Got to Athens but fucked it up and it masked some real problems we had like shocking away form not scoring away until December in the league in open play. There were cracks appearing then. Met expectations.

07-08. An average league season throughout helped by a good late run which helped us get 4th place after being 7th in January after West Ham beat us if I remember rightly. Good run in Europe kept our season alive but ultimately failed. Just about met expectations.

08-09. 86 points was an excellent achievement but we blew the best chance we are ever likely to have to win the title for the forseeable future when we should have been home and dry with United playing catch up with their WCC exertions. We let them off the hook big time. Poor football until March onwards and yet another great late season run with performances and results being arguably as good as anything since the 80's. Exceeded expectations but ultimately hollow because of what might have been.

09-10. An abomination of a season which saw 19 defeats overall and some disgusting performances being as bad as anything witnessed even under Souness. Embarrassing CL and FA Cup exits makes it as bad a season since 93-94. Only just scraping above Everton in the table and the lowest position for 11 years after our highest for 7 years. Fell way below expectations.

So you could argue that we had three seasons under Rafa were we exceeded expectations. Two were we met them and got the minimum required one were we fell short. It wasn't as if we had five good seasons and one bad one. Some may argue that the 86 point season which I personally rate lower than the 82 point season as a bit of a letdown because we let United off before Christmas when it was ours for the taking if we had been a little braver. It was poor fare for 6 months then everything clicked and fell into place. That will always be a what might have been season for me.

So we did sack him after, erm, one bad season?