You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

An absolutely shocking appointment for me. An effective appointment for the board as its lowering expectations for them which is their paramount objective before starting the eventual firesale and having the man in place to duck and dive in the transfer market bringing in players of lesser value than the ones going out. Thus enabling the club to meet certain debt repayments.

Even though I believe what I wrote above to be true I also believe Roy deserves our support 100%. The man has taken the job with the belief he can do something good for us, for that he will get my full support.

Just seen this news I can't say I'm happy about it but He's here now so I guess I can swallow my pride and opinions of the decision taken to Welcome the man and hope HOPE that he has some success.

Good Luck Roy, It's not your fault we're in the position you find us in. YNWA

I will support him as a manager but it's really painful when you consider that Pellegrini is available. I wonder if I was here earlier if would have brought in Senderos for Liverpool.

It was all part of Roy's plan, buying Senderos for Fulham, so they have a replacement for when he brings Hangeland to LFC.

I don't get this "he needs to be backed 100%" attitude. By backing him, we endorse his appointment, and the work of Purslow. He won't be boo'd and nor should he be, but showing ambivalence to this appointment is the right path in my view.

We certainly need to get away from the demagoguery of managers after 5 mins, and this is the perfect opportunity.

whether we support his appointment or not, will have no bearing on our team (which will get support).

The cunts running the place have made this a political struggle and there's no need, when Kinny is sitting so close. This is Purslow flexing his muscles and giving a big "fuck you" to everyone of us.

This is blatantly lacking any ambition whatsoever.

First lesson as Manager of Liverpool... Get your tongue out of the arse of slur exlax. That kind of sycophantic behaviour will not be tolerated.

You've got 'previous' on that score.

I reckon Slur will make a massively patronising comment about this, or treat him as an old friend like he did with Wenger when Mourinho came along which is equally patronising.

The next ten years have just began. He isn't the best available manager, he isn't the best they interviewed and he's not even the best British manager(under any other circumstances, that would beg the question why is he being appointed - we all know why,though); but they have their man. What was vaguely clear, and to be fair there were others who saw it clearly, last summer has now become abundantly clear.

I like Roy Hodgson - why wouldn't I? He's clever, he's one of the very few willing to step outside the comfort of English football and he always conducts himself well - but that is secondary to the fact - and I welcome any correction on this point - that I have never, ever known Tom Hicks and Christian Purslow to be acting in the best interests of this club.