You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

San Jose joins Athletic Bilbao

PaulMcC

There's 3m to pay debt interest.

San José firma con el Athletic hasta el año 2015 - Athletic Club de Bilbao

ELCORREO.COM.-

Mikel San José ha rubricado hoy un nuevo contrato que le ligará al Athletic hasta el año 2015. Llegado esta temporada cedido del Liverpool, el joven central se hizo con un sitio en el equipo tras la lesión de Aitor Ocio y se ha convertido en un fijo en los planes de Joaquín Caparrós. Su cláusula de rescisión asciende a 30 millones de euros.

El presidente Fernando García Macua y el jugador ofrecerán una rueda de prensa mañana jueves a las 13:00 horas en la sala de prensa de Ibaigane.

There's 3m to pay debt interest.

San José firma con el Athletic hasta el año 2015 - Athletic Club de Bilbao

ELCORREO.COM.-

Mikel San José ha rubricado hoy un nuevo contrato que le ligará al Athletic hasta el año 2015. Llegado esta temporada cedido del Liverpool, el joven central se hizo con un sitio en el equipo tras la lesión de Aitor Ocio y se ha convertido en un fijo en los planes de Joaquín Caparrós. Su cláusula de rescisión asciende a 30 millones de euros.

El presidente Fernando García Macua y el jugador ofrecerán una rueda de prensa mañana jueves a las 13:00 horas en la sala de prensa de Ibaigane.

Where does it say £3m.....? anyway thats (£3,000,000 / £110,000 per day) 27 days worth by my reckoning.

Where does it say £3m.....? anyway thats (£3,000,000 / £110,000 per day) 27 days worth by my reckoning.

It doesn't say.

That's what the agreed fee was in his loan deal to make it permanent, apparently.

I assumed they paid that.

Guest PurpleNose
Ayala and Kelly are both better than him and a few million for your 18th choice CH isn't to be sniffed at. Pays for Shelvey/Smith/whoever.

What are you basing that on?

They've made about five appearances at a decent level between them.

San Jose is a quality young defender who has done exceptionally this season in the best league in the world.

I'd have kept all three and sold Skrtel.

What are you basing that on?

They've made about five appearances at a decent level between them.

San Jose is a quality young defender who has done exceptionally this season in the best league in the world.

I'd have kept all three and sold Skrtel.

Watching them in the reserves, playing alongside each other several times too. Makes it easy to compare. Ayala and Kelly are far more suited to our league and San Jose is far more suited for the spanish league. It doesn't matter which league is better it matters what league we play in!

There's no guarantee that any of those 3 would make it to Skrtel's level when finally thrust into the premier league, so you could be in for a big problem without skrtel.

Big difference between defending in La Liga and the Premier League.

Marcelino, Pellegrino, Pique, Collocini and a few others I'm sure, have all looked good in Spain but didn't cut it over here.

I'm sure he'll have a good career in Spain but I don't think we should be too downbeat about him having left. £3m is reasonable.

Marcelino, Pellegrino, Pique, Collocini and a few others I'm sure, have all looked good in Spain but didn't cut it over here.

I'm sure he'll have a good career in Spain but I don't think we should be too downbeat about him having left. £3m is reasonable.

Don't think that 3m is confirmed, there was all sorts of chatter about the fee when he went on loan 1.5->3 was the range. At the very least I expect it's euros. Still it's good business we paid 300K for him I think.

San Jose has been playing well as leftback when hes playing there for Bilbao, unless I am mistaken.

I think we'll regret that sale.

He's been excellent especially as the season has gone on, we'll definately regret this.

Guest PurpleNose
Watching them in the reserves, playing alongside each other several times too. Makes it easy to compare. Ayala and Kelly are far more suited to our league and San Jose is far more suited for the spanish league. It doesn't matter which league is better it matters what league we play in!

There's no guarantee that any of those 3 would make it to Skrtel's level when finally thrust into the premier league, so you could be in for a big problem without skrtel.

Our first team doesn't play in the Reserve League. Proving yourself in La Liga is far more relevant than doing so in the Reserve League.

Skrtel would currently be 4th choice centreback for me. I'd rather 4th choice was a youngster.

If we continue with four established centre halves then Ayala, Kelly and the rest of the emerging centre halves will all be sold within a few years.

Guest PurpleNose

Marcelino was never that great anywhere. Pellegrino was 72 when we signed him. Pique is one of the best centrebacks in Europe and it was a huge mistake United selling him. Coloccini plays for Newcastle.

We've sold a very promising centre half for very little money.

Su cláusula de rescisión asciende a 30 millones de euros.

Judging by that line, they also added a 30million Euro buy-out clause to his contract! Unless we are fucking stupid, we would have requested a percentage sell-on clause be included aswell.

Our first team doesn't play in the Reserve League. Proving yourself in La Liga is far more relevant than doing so in the Reserve League.

Like I say having watched them side by side the other two seemed better to me. As far as pace, aggression, work rate, mentality and tempo go the reserves is far more representative for me.

Skrtel would currently be 4th choice centreback for me. I'd rather 4th choice was a youngster.

If we continue with four established centre halves then Ayala, Kelly and the rest of the emerging centre halves will all be sold within a few years.

Fair enough. Skrtel is not a 4th choice CH for me.

Guest PurpleNose
Like I say having watched them side by side the other two seemed better to me. As far as pace, aggression, work rate, mentality and tempo go the reserves is far more representative for me.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I think the Reserve League is an absolute joke.