You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cynicism and Frustration-We need Carragher as our manager

Antynwa

I want Jamie Carragher as our manager. There I said it. I'd like Mourinho, infact I'd carry him here, but I really, really want Carragher as manager of Liverpool Football Club.

The past two years, despite the 3 month period of sensational football towards the arse end of last season, has been filled with cynicism, media leaks, agendas, genuine confusion and frustration on and off the pitch. I'm fed up of reading the papers on a Sunday, Saturday or Monday and thinking 'Whats Rafa leaked now?'. I'm fed up of hearing every fort night 'New investment imminent' , I'm fed up of managers, and staff alike looking out for their best interests and theirs alone.

As I said, without wanting to go into debates which have been rehashed over and over again in many threads. I feel what this club needs as well as new investment, is local, proud and talented individuals to look after this clubs ethos. The Liverpool Way has been bashed around for years, people having differing opinions of what it means and what it doesn't. It's about time we brought it back, and brought it back with a vengeance.

Jamie Carragher is the epitome of what this club stands for, quality, commitment, and honour. His charity work and community work has been second to none, and his commitment to the Liverpool cause puts many players past and present to shame.

Whether or not he would take it is irrelevant, it's what I want want. Not what may or may not happen, but i believe it's what this club needs.

Rafa Benitez IMO has firmly been ruthless in attacking doubters, be it owners, former players, pundits or journo's. He demanded a 5 year contract, and despite this over the past few months has claimed how he could have been else where. He's looking after him, and him only. Fuck where his priorities lie, as long as he is getting paid a tidy wedge, he should be acting in the best interests of LFC, and he hasn't. Not by a long shot, since September our football has been nothing short of disgrace, 'possibilities' have been more fiction than fact, and he's led the fans on a merry ride.

Back in '07 we marched for Rafa, for his job and his future. Since then we have seen him leak stories to the press, ruthlessly striking down any nay sayer. We've had former players under Benitez, or otherwise criticising Benitez. It's got to the point, that no matter what he does, or what he says I don't trust it, nor do I believe it...Right fuck it I don't want to get into that.

I want a manager i can trust, I want a set up where the best interests of this club are put before any individual. It's about time this club came first, not politics managers and ownership alike seem to enjoy playing.

Martin Broughton has a massive task on his hand, and if there was one thing I could say to him now it would be this. 'Unite our club' from SOS to Share LFC. Our fanbase and club is split in different sections. We need an end to agenda and games, we need an end to supporter shame in our leadership. We need a battle plan. Whether it takes Martin 6 weeks or 6 months. We need an owner with the best interests of this club at heart. we need management and ownership that can sit down and put forward a battle plan for the next ten years.

We need trust in our club, we need the Liverpool Way back. We need to sit down around a table before a ball is kicked and talk, about this club, and nothing more.

As I said, I don't want to get into the Rafa situation, rightly or wrongly my trust from management upwards has gone completely. I need a manager who has the club and the community at heart, and the one person who suits that is Jamie Carragher.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Jamie to bits. I really do. His would be the only name I'd have on a shirt if I bothered with that sort of stuff.

But sorry, there's no way I'd have Jay as our manager until he proves himself in the lower leagues first. I hope he makes a massive success of it but he's not cut to be our manager right now imo.

Jamie Carragher is pretty much a legend at the club, but for me he has a long way to go before I'd want to appoint him as manager. At least he would have to serve as an assistant manager first.

Nothing would delight me more than being wrong here, but if I'm totally honest I don't think he'll ever have what it takes to be a top manager.

Completely agree. Top post Ant. Straight from the heart.

Liverpool FC is rotten to the core. The American owners are the big problem at LFC, but Rafa has played his part too.

There needs to be a huge cull at the end of the season, and hopefully a return to 'The Liverpool Way'.

I would love to see Jamie Carragher manage LFC at some stage.

Iain Dowie for assistant!

He demanded a 5 year contract, and despite this over the past few months has claimed how he could have been else where. He's looking after him, and him only.

Wasn't Carra engaging in similar brinkmanship in the press re: his own contract/status just last month?

Can't question Carra's character. He is a top lad who has made the most of his talent. He is dedicated to LFC and he cares deeply about the club. By all accounts he is also quite a thinker about the game.

Now, whether all of that translates into anything like readiness to take the helm is another matter. Personally I think it is a step too far for Carra, at least for now. But I would be more than delighted if he got a shot and proved me wrong.

I think it's careless to say 'sack the manager' and I think it sets a dangerous precedent for any new manager coming in.

Especially if it is someone who has absolutely no experience as a football manager and especially given the crisis the club is in off the pitch.

Benitez should leave and i think he will. I believe he understands the situation is far from healthy and is too far gone for him to rectify. Too many fans have lost faith in him and distrust him now and that sort of negativity only compounds the situation.

The basics such as seeing decent football week in, week out and getting back the 'famous Anfield atmosphere' should be priority right now and bringing in a manager with some experience who can galvanise the situation with football we all can enjoy.

The owners have done their best to steal the joy of the game from us and unfortunately, at this point, we have to be mindful of the problems off the field when considering who should be the next manager of this club and any future expectations we have of him.

We have all heard of how much he studies the game ect and i think he'll be a great manager one day. But i agree that he'll need to prove himself first.

Judging buy some our former players as managers, i hope Carra has a bit more nous.

Cue Paul Ince

15not2f.gif