You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks and Gillett Officially Put LFC Up For Sale

Paisley Red

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactamente

Who's benefit was he saying that for, certainly not any potential buyer.

Whoever buys the club will want to build the stadium and you cant enforce the building of the staidum unless you are a major shareholder in the club.

Thats why its a red herring:wallbutt:

Or maybe a Blue Kipper

Who said anything about contractually binding the prospective buyers? Essentially what Broughton was saying is that ANY bid without the commitment to a new stadium probably wouldn't be considered seriously.

From share Liverpool

The long-awaited declaration that Liverpool FC is for sale is tremendous news. As soon as we heard it, ShareLiverpoolFC contacted the Club to reaffirm our commitment to getting involved in negotiations. After all, any potential owners must realise by now the value and importance of getting Liverpool fans on board, regardless of possible future regulations on fan representation.

The responsibility to find the right owner for our Club is a heavy one and we call on the current regime to make the right decision - and what can be better than to give those who care most about the Club - us, the fans - a real stake in its future? We would not just own the Club, we would be the Club.

We will email those of you who are registered on our database as soon as we have any concrete update on our negotiations.

ShareLiverpoolFC supports the democratic ownership of Liverpool FC by its fans. If you would like to become involved with ShareLiverpoolFC and wish to register your interest please register here.

Many thanks.

ShareLiverpoolFC.

At this stage I don't believe it is - what do you think they've been doing for the last 18 months. They've been trying to get refinance - no on will touch them.

Erm, no, they've been trying to get a minority partner to invest upwards of 100m for the last 18 months while unofficially the club has been up for sale.

Dont you know the difference between re financing and investment?

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is remaining tight-lipped on talk linking him with a switch to Juventus.

Widespread reports in Italy claim Juve have made Benitez their top target to take over from interim boss Alberto Zaccheroni this summer.

It has been suggested Juventus are prepared to offer Benitez a lucrative contract and hefty transfer war chest to lure him to Turin.

Reports circulating have also claimed Juventus are now working on recruiting Benitez's backroom team if he does decide to leave Anfield.

Benitez insists he is not thinking about his future and is waiting to see who will buy Liverpool after American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett put the club up for sale last week.

The Spaniard admits Liverpool's search for new owners could decide his future on Merseyside.

Benitez told Premium Calcio: "The future? I just think about the next week, only of the sale of the club.

"I'm interested in who buys Liverpool.

"Resignation? I will have to wait for next week. I will talk to who will buy the club. We must

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Rafa coy on future talk

Dont worry, spell bound's a complete nob. He thinks the owners havent thought about re financing and the like. Let him dream, eh?

The other day, he was going on about where's 100m going to come from. :whistle:

HAHAHA Class stuff softlad - missed the point again, really - I told you the other day that you should stop licking the window when you read posts on here.

Erm, no, they've been trying to get a minority partner to invest upwards of 100m for the last 18 months while unofficially the club has been up for sale.

Dont you know the difference between re financing and investment?

HAHA Softlad strikes again - you seem to be suggesting that if they're looking for investment they can't also be looking for finance.

Bet you wish you didn't claim that you were a knew a lot about finance now.

Get away from that Window!!!!

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is remaining tight-lipped on talk linking him with a switch to Juventus.

Widespread reports in Italy claim Juve have made Benitez their top target to take over from interim boss Alberto Zaccheroni this summer.

It has been suggested Juventus are prepared to offer Benitez a lucrative contract and hefty transfer war chest to lure him to Turin.

Reports circulating have also claimed Juventus are now working on recruiting Benitez's backroom team if he does decide to leave Anfield.

Benitez insists he is not thinking about his future and is waiting to see who will buy Liverpool after American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett put the club up for sale last week.

The Spaniard admits Liverpool's search for new owners could decide his future on Merseyside.

Benitez told Premium Calcio: "The future? I just think about the next week, only of the sale of the club.

"Resignation? I will have to wait for next week. I will talk to who will buy the club. We must

He doesn't deserve to spend any new investors money after his recent exploits in the transfer market, hopefully they will say thanks but no thanks. I just don't trust him, he used to be a good manager maybe he will be again somewhere else.

Fucking hilarious. Just read this on TIA. They've decided that someone is buying the club next week, then 20 mins later showme pops up to say he's meeting someone from Merril later as there's been a breakthrough. Although, why breakthroughs can only be discussed in face to face meetings, and ignored as the meeting is being arranged I have no idea.

He doesn't deserve to spend any new investors money after his recent exploits in the transfer market, hopefully they will say thanks but no thanks. I just don't trust him, he used to be a good manager maybe he will be again somewhere else.

Really, yet Rafa as return sales of around 70%, better than ANY LIVERPOOL MANAGER in the last 60 years