You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rhone group in talks over 100mil takeover.

gingerhulk

Im not convinced RBS would. With 100M paid off the debt which RBS have supposedly been pushing for, why would they then loan us 350m or indeed any sum more than the 100m just paid off? It doesnt stack up even if that loan is spread over a longer period.

I just cant see RBS lending us anything like the sums needed.

I've got strong doubts the new stadium will now ever get built.

Ignoring Kenny-The-Bell's patronising response - it's actually quite likely RBS will provide the facilities - particularly if it is specifically for the building of the stadium. In fact, there may be more than one agreement in place; it is entirely possible that the load against the stadium build will be on different terms to any other outstanding loans they may have. I'm not at all sure that H&G will be able to consolidate their loans into one sum on easy repayment terms as Carol Vorderman might suggest.

They'll get the loan for the stadium build, and as pisky says, RBS won't want to look a cash cow in the mouth.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignoring Kenny-The-Bell's patronising response - it's actually quite likely RBS will provide the facilities - particularly if it is specifically for the building of the stadium. In fact, there may be more than one agreement in place; it is entirely possible that the load against the stadium build will be on different terms to any other outstanding loans they may have. I'm not at all sure that H&G will be able to consolidate their loans into one sum on easy repayment terms as Carol Vorderman might suggest.

They'll get the loan for the stadium build, and as pisky says, RBS won't want to look a cash cow in the mouth.

I understand RBS may want a slice of the cake if the new stadium build ever goes ahead but, they will not want to increase their exposure via us to previous levels.

If RBS do get involved in financing the stadium, they'd not look much beyond 50m according to the word I've been given in the current financial state.

I can assure you, working in the financial industry unlike some, I can see the full picture regarding our borrowing position never mind the bigger picture as you call it.

But dont let your ignorance stop you believing what you want to.

Delivering the post to the building society doesn't really count.

RBS are a bank - using your "Financial industry" knowledge, describe what it is banks do to earn money.

Delivering the post to the building society doesn't really count.

RBS are a bank - using your "Financial industry" knowledge, describe what it is banks do to earn money.

Do you know how to keep an idiot in suspense? I'll tell you later. :whistle:

Look up the word 'exposure' in a dictionary. But not just any old dictionary.

Do you know how to keep an idiot in suspense? I'll tell you later. :whistle:

Look up the word 'exposure' in a dictionary. But not just any old dictionary.

I notice you didn't answer my question - perhaps because it's very obvious or perhaps because you simply don't know.

I know what I think.

I notice you didn't answer my question - perhaps because it's very obvious or perhaps because you simply don't know.

I know what I think.

You can think what you want. Doesnt make you right. Far from it in fact.

I suspect you see the banking model to make money to be one of just handing out shedloads of cash and charging a return on that. So you go right ahead and keep on thinking what you want.

RBS is more likely to loan us the money for the stadium than anything else because it gets secured against future ticket revenue. they've seen what arsenal's stadium has done, its got a pretty definitive return on investment.

loaning money to the owners is a different proposition as they'd be securing it against our club, but that club is run by those two muppets who are masters at fucking things up. all their assets are things they technically own or have interests in, they aren't necessarily cash assets. though george probably has a few bob lying around after the canadiens sale.

RBS is more likely to loan us the money for the stadium than anything else because it gets secured against future ticket revenue. they've seen what arsenal's stadium has done, its got a pretty definitive return on investment.

loaning money to the owners is a different proposition as they'd be securing it against our club, but that club is run by those two muppets who are masters at fucking things up. all their assets are things they technically own or have interests in, they aren't necessarily cash assets. though george probably has a few bob lying around after the canadiens sale.

Given the collosal deficit RBS has, they will be in the market to secure an income stream that generates a profit for them in the medium term. But, they will not be looking to return their exposure to LFC to levels of what it was.

Since stadium financing will be long term, they wont want to get involved to the levels being banded about. They may be involved in financing a reduced amount at lower risk.

You can think what you want. Doesnt make you right. Far from it in fact.

I suspect you see the banking model to make money to be one of just handing out shedloads of cash and charging a return on that. So you go right ahead and keep on thinking what you want.

You can suspect what you like. Doesn't make you right.

Over-simplification of how banks make their money doesn't make you right either. It get's you a little closer to answering the question I asked and also seems to provide a little more illumination on your 'banking experience'.

Perhaps if you read the thread and took note of the posts that talk about Risk, risk assessment and governance, then you'd understand that there are people taking part in this thread that actually do know what they're talking about.

For the record - what do you do in the "Banking industry"?

So does anything actually happen and if not when can we expect anything of note?

A lot depends on the owners in the short term. This talk of the majority of the 100m having to be paid in April is just a fool's joke. The terms and conditions are well laid out as far as the parties are concerned. RBS are bending over backwards for LFC to all intents and purposes.

The crunch will come at the maturity date in July.

Over-simplification of how banks make their money doesn't make you right either. It get's you a little closer to answering the question I asked and also seems to provide a little more illumination on your 'banking experience'.

Perhaps if you read the thread and took note of the posts that talk about Risk, risk assessment and governance, then you'd understand that there are people taking part in this thread that actually do know what they're talking about.

How old are you? 14? I don't know why I'm doing this, because you seem like a unpleasant oik, but do yourself a favour and stop it - you're coming across like a right prick.

I see you had to copy the first sentence. No doubt you copied the rest in an effort to make yourself know what you're talking about.

Just for your information, Im involved with Corporate and Commercial Finance. Apart from walking into you branch to draw your meagre wages, are you any wiser? No, thought not.

Sorry to treat you like a piece of dogshit like.

Given the collosal deficit RBS has

In terms of Banks and specifically Banks of the size of RBS it is NOT collosal - for the bloke paying for his season ticket year after year it is collosal but to someone in the banking system £3.9 Billion is NOT collosal - Banks of this size regularly make profits of this size government (Public tax). Surely someone in the banking industry would know that?

they will be in the market to secure an income stream that generates a profit for them in the medium term. But, they will not be looking to return their exposure to LFC to leyvels of what it was.

What are you basing that stupid claim on? Look - stop it, stop trying to look clever, it doesn't suit you nor is it working.

Since stadium financing will be long term, they wont want to get involved to the levels being banded about. They may be involved in financing a reduced amount at lower risk.

You Idiot, you absolute top draw, first class idiot.

I don't normally agree with Hamstrung on anything but if he (as you have said) keeps negging you for this sort of stupidity I have to applaud him.

[?QUOTE]

In terms of Banks and specifically Banks of the size of RBS it is NOT collosal - for the bloke paying for his season ticket year after year it is collosal but to someone in the banking system £3.9 Billion is NOT collosal - Banks of this size regularly make profits of this size government (Public tax). Surely someone in the banking industry would know that?

What are you basing that stupid claim on? Look - stop it, stop trying to look clever, it doesn't suit you nor is it working.

You Idiot, you absolute top draw, first class idiot.

I don't normally agree with Hamstrung on anything but if he (as you have said) keeps negging you for this sort of stupidity I have to applaud him.

Hahaha. Did you spit all over your keyboard and screen typing that?

I see you had to copy the first sentence.[/quoteIT]

Oh you idiot - again you miss the "Irony" of another posters reply. Give it up son, you're making a show of yourself.

Just for your information, Im involved with Corporate and Commercial Finance. Apart from walking into you branch to draw your meagre wages, are you any wiser?

Doing what - Investment? Equity? Debt recovery? Be a little more specific, it may help us to judge your "knowledge" of the situation.

I see you had to copy the first sentence.[/quoteIT]

Oh you idiot - again you miss the "Irony" of another posters reply. Give it up son, you're making a show of yourself.

Doing what - Investment? Equity? Debt recovery? Be a little more specific, it may help us to judge your "knowledge" of the situation.

Just have a read of this kenny, its from reuters who are very well respected for their news reporting.

RBS loss shrinks, calls bad debt peak | Reuters

RBS posted losses of 6.2 billion pounds in 2009 compared to 6.9 billion the previous year.

Enjoy.

Just have a read of this kenny, its from reuters who are very well respected for their news reporting.

RBS loss shrinks, calls bad debt peak | Reuters

RBS posted losses of 6.2 billion pounds in 2009 compared to 6.9 billion the previous year.

Enjoy.

Oh Dear Oh dear - the big Financial wizard has no fucking idea what it's talking about

RBS posts £3.6bn annual loss

Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), which is 84% state-owned, has today posted a full-year loss of £3.6 billion.

RBS is the second major UK bank to report its 2009 results. Last week, Barclays announced record profits of more than £11 billion - a 92% rise on the previous year.

However, RBS’ loss is not as bad as analysts were expecting, many had predicted losses of around £5 billion.

Furthermore, the figure is much lower than the £24.1 billion loss it reported for 2008 - which represented the largest annual loss in UK corporate history.

Meanwhile, impairment losses at the bank grew sharply to £13.9 billion last year, against £7.4 billion in 2008.

The bank’s chief executive, Stephen Hester, said he expects the bank to return to profit next year.

Last week, Mr Hester, opted not to take his £1.6 million bonus. The bank said he had agreed to waive his 2009 bonus amid public anger over the issue.

The news comes as the UK Financial Investments Ltd (UKFI) approved £1.3 billion in bonuses to RBS’ investment bankers.

The Treasury, through the UKFI, had the right to veto any bonus deal after the bank participated in the Government’s Asset Protection Scheme (APS) - one of the conditions of participating in the scheme was to hand over control of its bonus pot to the Treasury.

In the meantime, Lloyds, which is also part-owned by taxpayers, will publish its full-year results tomorrow.

Now STOP IT - You're making a show of yourself!

I'm getting confused from CP meeting (SOS).

I was under the impression, the investors Rhode (Muse) whoever, would offer further investment next year (April 2011) when the stadium starts? from what I've read, the Rhone group are only offering 118m as one off investment, if thats the case.... won't CP reject the Rhodes offer? as it doesn't fall in line with CP criteria