You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterling will still qualify for our u16s next season as well won't he? I can see us signing a few players in his age group, Piet Hamberg was talking about them being weak last season

He's born 8.12.1994 so does qualify for the U16 team next season.

Hopefully there will be a few more signings as well... I really liked Rico Gomes, who played for the Stoke u18 team that won 4-0 vs. Liverpool. He's just 15 years old, but still looked their best player.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
We'll probably sell him for Fulham for 100k.

Actually how much did we buy him for?

I'm sure we'll strangle every creative fibre he might have.

Run 10 miles a game, and we ok, no?

Never heard of him and i doubt i will for a few more years until we loan him out or shift him on.

I love this site

QPR REPORT: The Supposed Price Tag of QPR/Liverpool's Raheem Sterling

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Supposed Price Tag of QPR/Liverpool's Raheem Sterling

-

- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- The growing QPR Report Messageboard: For comprehensive and latest QPR news-related pieces and discussion, visit the football-only, somewhat-different QPR Report Messageboard. All QPR Perspectives genuinely welcomed! Or comment on any of the articles posted below

- QPR 2 Middlesbrough 0 - Compilation of Match Reports and Managerial Comments

- The Collapse of QPR: Our League Position/Points Total in December

News of the World/Aidan Magee - Rangers kid Raheem Sterling signs for the Reds

- LIVERPOOL have completed the £500,000 signing of QPR teenager Raheem Sterling.

- The Reds beat off competition from Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham to sign the striker, who only turned 15 in December.

- Liverpool confirmed last night that they have made an initial down payment. The fee will rise, depending on appearances, to a figure believed to be £2million.

- Sterling will join up with Liverpool's academy players this week. He has not played a first-team game for Rangers.

- The England Under-16 international was a VIP guest at Anfield for Liverpool's win over Manchester United earlier this season. But he was also spoken to by Arsenal's academy director Liam Brady and watched by United's Brian McClair.

- City were prepared to offer £1m plus two players to capture Sterling, who has been compared to Wayne Rooney and Theo Walcott at that age.

- Fulham thought they had struck a £1.5m deal with QPR which would have spared Sterling the trouble of moving home. But Rangers were not keen to sell to their west London neighbours.

- Former Rangers boss Jim Magilton was on the verge of giving Sterling his first team debut in December before he was sacked." News of The World

- The QPR and Liverpool Announcements re Raheem Sterling Transfer

Due to being 15, I severely doubt that he will be thrown into the deep end straight away. It would make sense to blood him in the under 16's/18's to allow him develop technically and physically. At best I can see him being introduced at the age of 17 or 18, dependent on the way he has developed.