You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raheem Sterling scored on his debut as Liverpool Under-18s produced a stunning second-half fightback to beat 10-man Everton 4-3 in a thrilling mini-derby on Tuesday afternoon.

The Reds recovered from a 2-0 deficit to see off their Blue rivals, with the former QPR teenager enjoying a dream start for the club.

Michael Roberts (penalty) , Krisztian Adorjan and Craig Roddan (penalty) were the other scorers as the away side made their numerical advantage count, following the 46th minute sending off of Toffees defender Shane Duffy.

It was an afternoon to savour for boss Rodolfo Borrell, who dedicated the victory to first-team manager Rafael Benitez.

"It is a nice victory for me, but especially for the fans and the club," he told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I am also happy for Rafael Benitez, as he invests a lot of time in the club and the Academy.

"He made a bold move to bring me and the rest of my staff to Liverpool, so it's nice to be able to win this sort of match for him."

Reflecting on a rollercoaster 90 minutes, Borrell admitted his side were almost made to pay for some poor defending.

"We cannot concede such sloppy goals," he said. "If you concede so easily then normally you lose the match."

The Reds coach also had some words of encouragement for debutant Sterling, but was keen to stress that it was a team performance that saw Liverpool come away with the three points.

"I was pleased with Raheem's contribution and that he scored on his debut. He is quick and skilful but still only young. He can improve tactically and has a long way to go, but he is a great signing for this football club.

"He was one of a number of good individual peformances, but the main thing was how well the team did as a whole. That is what matters most and they all contributed to a deserved triumph."

Liverpool under-18s: Oldfield, Flanagan, Robinson, Wisdom, Sama, Coady, Sterling, Roberts (Roddan 74), Ngoo (Emilsson 76), Adorjan (Alex Cooper 90), Ince. Unused subs: Matty McGiveron, Deale Chamberlain.

Sterling on the mark in mini derby - Liverpool FC

"It is a nice victory for me, but especially for the fans and the club," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I am also happy for Rafael Benitez, as he invests a lot of time in the club and the Academy. He made a bold move to bring me and the rest of my staff to Liverpool, so it's nice to be able to win this sort of match for him."

Jesus Christ, you won an u18 derby game for God's sake, not the FA Youth Cup final. If anyone from Everton had said that kind of thing we'd piss ourselves.

"It is a nice victory for me, but especially for the fans and the club," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I am also happy for Rafael Benitez, as he invests a lot of time in the club and the Academy. He made a bold move to bring me and the rest of my staff to Liverpool, so it's nice to be able to win this sort of match for him."

Jesus Christ, you won an u18 derby game for God's sake, not the FA Youth Cup final. If anyone from Everton had said that kind of thing we'd piss ourselves.

Agreed Dave.

Another shameful carry on.

It is called solidarity. Take a leaf out of the man's book and show some. get behind your first love. Cherish it, nuture it and most of all support it.

Gay.

Actually I am far from happy.

But seriously even if you do not like the sentiment or how it is articulated you have to agree that this must be the base of any supporter's relationship with their club.

If you disagree that is your bad and I will forgive you for you are family. Now how about getting down with some incest bigboy?