You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

But in the real world being stronger is more advantageous than being able to run 10,000 kilometers, When i have to lift my kids up or move a sofa or lift a lawnmower or hold off a gang of deranged hoodies. Being 10 stone and competitive at my local park run won't help. A stronger person is harder to kill and more useful in general, as the saying goes. 

The truth as always is somewhere in the middle. 

• Upvote 1

The real question we should be asking from this perspective, however, is what sort of training most optimally reduces major negative health outcomes…ya know, like death, cancer, cardiovascular incidents, etc. Well, as it turns out the literature suggests that the stronger someone is, i.e. the more force they can produce with their muscles to move an external object, the lower the morbidity and mortality rates when compared to both sedentary populations and those who were more “aerobically developed” from doing typical conditioning/cardio training and, more interestingly perhaps, the same rates of morbidity and mortality as those who were the strongest and the most aerobically developed. As it turns out, there’s more than a nugget of truth on ol’ Rip’s adage:

“Stronger people are harder to kill than weaker people, and more useful in general”-Mark Rippetoe

Cardio is a must imo.

Fuck all food looking like a man mountain if you cant run for more than 20 yards when the zombies come

Very true, was the same myself. Was twice my size 10 years ago doing weights, people often  thought I was on roids (I'm just built that way, I can build muscle easily) but was still grossly unfit. When I was semi-fit a few years back doing running I much preferred that feeling.

Also, when you're physically strong and look good but not fit inside, that carries with it other dangers. Plenty of people out there who look fine but have the cholesterol of a darts player ready to keel over at any time.

12 weeks into training and down 7kg. I’m 88kg 13 1/2 stone ish

Mix of keto and Ben and Jerry’s has worked great. Easy to do nothing complicated. Eating around 2500 cals 6 days a weeks then around 7000 on a Saturday. Always full never hungry.

Chicken, mince, eggs, liver, fish, sausages, bacon, cheese.

Up at 5am 8k walk in morning with lifting. 7 days a week. Nothing stupid, Squats, deads, presses, dips, pull ups.

8k walk in evening with spinning 4 times a week.

Knees, feet and ankles are fucked but lifts up and fitness up.

Work towards 250 mile round trip bike run over two days starts next week. Do it by August.

Starting weighted rucksack hill walking next week.

Goal of 550lb deadlift by 1July.

May do some running but see if my legs survive.

Up cal intake to 3000 but lose another 7kg.

Discipline equals freedom.

Good work.

I’ve plateau’d at 89 kg (lost 9 kg)

Have dropped off the exercise and thats the difference - just overworked.

I am embracing an empty stomach for the first time in 40 yrs.

Never eat breakfast / my breakfast is coffee and cream.

Thats 16 hrs a day w/o a meal. Feel fucking amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've mentioned my book 'Wake The Fit Up' before, which is based on my 7 years as a Personal Trainer and my interactions with overweight clients. Anyway, it was on Amazon for £19.99 in print, which yep I agree is a little steep (Publisher decided price)

However it’s now available on Kindle from Amazon at the now very reasonable price of £5.99

So if you wanna get fitter, healthier, thinner & more positive why not try it, I mean it's only six quid, so what you got to lose? Apart from fat of course

I also offer tips on weight-loss & fitness on Twitter @Wakethefitup

Cheers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bloody hell, I'm only trying to help people lose weight, fuck me.

I'm a Liverpool fan and have been for 40 odd years so I'm posting on this 'supporters' site, after asking permission from Dave U.

I wrote the book cos I know there's so much bullshit out there, so I'm debunking all the shite to HELP people get fitter because, as the title suggests, so many folk are SICK OF BEING FAT.

Don't worry I won't post again.

• Downvote 1

I'm a Liverpool fan and have been for 40 odd years so I'm posting on this 'supporters' site, after asking permission from Dave U.

I wrote the book cos I know there's so much bullshit out there, so I'm debunking all the shite to HELP people get fitter because, as the title suggests, so many folk are SICK OF BEING FAT.

Why don’t you just post all the secrets in this thread, if you want to help people?

• Upvote 1

And you were so subtle with your username as well.

That's the 'only' thing you're trying to do? You're not trying to make money? I didn't read all of your post, partly because it was in red and underlined, but if it had a link to a free PDF, I apologise. If not, it's not your 'only' objective.

9 times out of 10 if someone posted a link to something they were doing such as a book it would be well received.

Maybe that person had been around a while, contributed to the site both in content and £.

Someone who just turns up with no intention of interaction but purely to lecture us nobs on any subject and try to make a pound can fuck off. No offense like.

Lost 17lbs on slimming world in the last two months (had what amounted to two weeks off though) and have been eating loads, not doing without at all. My blood pressure is much lower too.

Some woman in our group has been doing it all wrong, she's essentially crash dieted, lost loads of weight but then put 4lbs on this week and she was nearly crying. Ain't the human body nuts?

Lost 17lbs on slimming world in the last two months (had what amounted to two weeks off though) and have been eating loads, not doing without at all. My blood pressure is much lower too.

Some woman in our group has been doing it all wrong, she's essentially crash dieted, lost loads of weight but then put 4lbs on this week and she was nearly crying. Ain't the human body nuts?

I know quite a few girls from my last job that have lost loads of weight on slimming world, I used to think it was a load of bollocks but evidently not.

I know quite a few girls from my last job that have lost loads of weight on slimming world, I used to think it was a load of bollocks but evidently not.

It's tailor made for someone like me because you can eat all the meat and stuff you want within reason and just make small changes such as cooking in low fat spray. I have full cooked breakfasts on both days of the weekend. Have big lunches of pasta, rice, baked spuds etc. Have the odd sweet/ice cream etc, eat out quite often, it's boss.

I've never understood it or how it works. The only thing I can think of is that it does make you think about what you eat if you have never bothered in the past.

My missus did it and was told she could eat as many spuds as she liked. Never figured it out.

I've never understood it or how it works. The only thing I can think of is that it does make you think about what you eat if you have never bothered in the past.

My missus did it and was told she could eat as many spuds as she liked. Never figured it out.

Me neither, I have always counted calories which eating endless spuds doesn't make sense as they are reasonably calorific.

Me neither, I have always counted calories which eating endless spuds doesn't make sense as they are reasonably calorific.

Maybe they fill you up and stop you eating Mars Bars or whatever you used to do. If I ate a ton of spuds I'd have to drop 1/2 of my diet.

Maybe they fill you up and stop you eating Mars Bars or whatever you used to do. If I ate a ton of spuds I'd have to drop 1/2 of my diet.

Fuck knows mate but I reckon half those fatties on slimming world smash them but it works......somehow.