You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What makes a footballer so expensive?

CTorres17

I always think about this when I practice or when I am trying to fall asleep, so many kids dream about becoming professional players but only a small amount make it most of the time is because of the contacts they have some are just because of pure luck of being scouted.

Thing is after you break that off you still have a lot of players in every league. What makes a Cristiano Ronaldo or a Ronaldihno is it a blessing from God or hard work they have put into the game? I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say haha it might confuse some though.

My question to you guys is what makes a footballer stand out from the rest and become the best?

Ynwa. :biggrin:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

My question to you guys is what makes a footballer stand out from the rest and become the best?

A mixture of hard work, practice, determination and talent. Oh, and Comic Sans.

Only because the guy is a complete douche doesn't mean he doesn't play good. I understand he has the worst attitude and he was a manc but you can't deny he is an influential player in the industry him being player of the year for 2008. Also it was a question between two different things if you could read it correctly.

Cristiano is a wonderful player and I don't care if every one hates him I admire his skill and I wish I could play as good as him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
finally comes a thread that has nothing to do about rafa or our fucking dire performance and it gets shot down like scarface.

class.

I answered him, yet he ignored me. Using comic sans on a forum is pretty daft, though. It deserved comment.

I always think about this when I practice or when I am trying to fall asleep, so many kids dream about becoming professional players but only a small amount make it most of the time is because of the contacts they have some are just because of pure luck of being scouted.

Thing is after you break that off you still have a lot of players in every league. What makes a Cristiano Ronaldo or a Ronaldihno is it a blessing from God or hard work they have put into the game? I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say haha it might confuse some though.

Ynwa. :biggrin:

Is this a wind-up?

Ah, leave the wee lad alone. He came with an open hand of friendship and a request for basic advice.

It’s not his fault he comes from the same country as those arrogant carpet-bagging leeches.

And George Bush. And Donald Rumsfeld. And the Ku Klux Klan. And New Kids on the Block. And Richard Nixon. And Mark Chapman. And a whole slew of television programmes called “World’s Wildest / Biggest / Strangest / etc’ that basically use only American footage, so are hardly the “world’s” anything. And films which rewrite history.

I think your query was more than adequately answered by NN, but there’s an old adage about achievement being 10% inspiration (in other words, as you say in your country, blessed by God with talent), and 90% perspiration (in other words practice).

But basically, as you’re American, you should be a goalie.

Incidentally, Carlos, if you’re having trouble getting to sleep, there’s a better method than thinking about football. There’s a few people on this site who’d be better placed than me to advise you.

But, to actually address your thread title, I think the answer is "aggressive global marketing". Which was invented, refined and perfected by....

I answered him, yet he ignored me. Using comic sans on a forum is pretty daft, though. It deserved comment.

I am sorry I really appreciate that you took my question seriously. Thank you.

Ah, leave the wee lad alone. He came with an open hand of friendship and a request for basic advice.

It’s not his fault he comes from the same country as those arrogant carpet-bagging leeches.

And George Bush. And Donald Rumsfeld. And the Ku Klux Klan. And New Kids on the Block. And Richard Nixon. And Mark Chapman. And a whole slew of television programmes called “World’s Wildest / Biggest / Strangest / etc’ that basically use only American footage, so are hardly the “world’s” anything. And films which rewrite history.

I think your query was more than adequately answered by NN, but there’s an old adage about achievement being 10% inspiration (in other words, as you say in your country, blessed by God with talent), and 90% perspiration (in other words practice).

But basically, as you’re American, you should be a goalie.

Incidentally, Carlos, if you’re having trouble getting to sleep, there’s a better method than thinking about football. There’s a few people on this site who’d be better placed than me to advise you.

But, to actually address your thread title, I think the answer is "aggressive global marketing". Which was invented, refined and perfected by....

Thank you sir for standing up for me takes a lot of balls. I am not American yes I am a citizen but I will give it up any day to live in England. I was not born here my parents immigrated over here from Honduras a small country in central america were football is taken very serious. (haha we had a holiday to celebrate our qualification to the world cup well not me but my people there) Most of you are probably wondering why the hell I my here? Here in America the league is a joke my state which is Georgia doesn't even have a team to have a chance to the main stuff you need to go to college and know people that are really deep in the industry.

Here having skill doesn't cut it you need to know your contacts. I will love to have been raised in Liverpool I would have gone to work at your stadium scrubbing floors I don't care as long as I get to see my favorite team play. I loved my club ever since I was a kid the saying You'll Never Walk Alone has always touched my heart since I always considered myself a loner since my love for football here isn't really appreciated all they care about is the egg ball game which I hate so much. I love Liverpool its more then just a sports team to me I feel like I am part of a bigger family that screams and cries when ever we win and lose.

I will never stop being a Red even if every one thinks I am some Yankee piece of shit trying to be British. I love my team. Sangre roja asta la muerte.

I hope and pray that my child (if i have one) becomes a footballer. Even in the lower divisions earning a "pittance" of a grand a week or something. He can look after his old dad

That would be awesome when you have your kid make sure you take him to the park every day then. :] Impossible is nothing. Also it will be a great way to spend time with your kids.

I cant let that go.

Negged.

Bloody Americans.

I am sorry I didn't mean to show disrespect of any way I was just trying to be friendly. And like I said before I am not American and I don't consider myself American my roots are from Honduras and I am proud of it I would love to live in England though. And I will never write another topic with Comic Sans..

Some of you lads need to take a good look at yourselves. It's not right to act the big man and attack a lad for asking a question that is clearly sincere. The fact that he didnt respond in the way that some of you did would show that it is sincere.

The word 'attack' implies that he was raped. The fact you'd throw around accusations like that makes me think that it's you who needs to take a good look at yourself.

And I will never write another topic with Comic Sans..

That is all I've ever asked of you. Now to answer your question you have to have talent, the right attitude and be in the right place at the right time.

If you want to play for Liverpool then move to Hungary, as long as you are U18 then you'll be snapped up in no time.