You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Stopped at a Premier Inn in darkest Sussex this week. The first morning I just had toast but the second, my responsibilities to this thread kicked in and I had a go.

It’s ‘eat as much as you like’ which is probably why the make it as unlikeable as possible. 

I’d clocked the bacon from the fruit juice terminal so left that to hardier souls than me. 

The sausages and poached eggs were ok.

Hash browns and beans were cold. 

The lady who served it was very jovial. Point off for that, it’s not fucking Butlins.

2/10.

1CC7D5AC-05AB-4961-A6EF-8191F6839447.jpeg

The phrase "fruit juice terminal" lends this a gravitas that it frankly doesn't deserve. It's a dispenser.

Beans aside, that doesn't look that bad. A bit of pepper on the eggs wouldn't go amiss though. Also, I am dying to know what the issue with the bacon was though. Too raw? 

1 minute ago, Total Longo said:

The phrase "fruit juice terminal" lends this a gravitas that it frankly doesn't deserve. It's a dispenser.

Beans aside, that doesn't look that bad. A bit of pepper on the eggs wouldn't go amiss though. Also, I am dying to know what the issue with the bacon was though. Too raw? 

It was coming out of a juice terminal. It’s about the only thing he did right

1 minute ago, Total Longo said:

If not raw, definitely undercooked. Pretty sure it would have been cold. 

The eggs were probably the best part. I’ve had worse eggs on superior breakfasts. 

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

If not raw, definitely undercooked. Pretty sure it would have been cold. 

The eggs were probably the best part. I’ve had worse eggs on superior breakfasts. 

I think I prefer scrambled eggs these days as i am having a running battle with those membrane-y things that you get in raw eggs now (i'm guessing it's the bit that sort of connects the yolk to the albumen?). I have to remove them, it's become an unhealthy obsession, as the thought of them knocks me sick. The downside is that both poached eggs and fried eggs then can have a tendency to go all over the place. Hence the scrambled eggs preference. I may have to go and cook something now....  

EDIT : Apparently it's called the chalaza. You learn something new every day. Anyway, I hate them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Total Longo said:

I think i prefer scrambled eggs these days as i am having a running battle with those membrane-y things that you get in raw eggs now (i'm guessing it's the bit that sort of connects the yolk to the albumen?). I have to remove them, it's become an unhealthy obsession, as the thought of them knocks me sick. The downside is that both poached eggs and fried eggs then can have a tendency to go all over the place. Hence the scrambled eggs preference. I may have to go and cook something now....  

Eggs are superb but im now craving scrambled egg and all